am I crazy? or is he?

Options
13»

Replies

• Adina81
    Adina81 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Maybe he didn't want the dog ending up at his house?!

I am trying to be the 'devils advocate' here because my brain can't seem to find logic. There is always two sides to a story; we only have one.
  • yager8725
    yager8725 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    a family works together!!! An older gentlemen once told me "no workie, no eatie" lol
  • ARDuBaie
    ARDuBaie Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I would ask my children to take out the garbage on the way to the ex's car. He would complain, but it was my home and I made the rules. Garbage was one of their chores. If the chore is something that they are routinely assigned, and I assume that your son was assigned from time to time to walk the dog, then they should do it. Funny it is the ex that's complaining, not the child.
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Yes.
    NOOOOOOO!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the ex is looking for a reason to fight with you.
  • fit4mom
    fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    If your son is properly trained and responsible enough to be trusted to walk the dog - then I don't see an issue here (as far as you asking him to take the dog with him). It's a win-win, the dog needs a walk and your son is then not alone. The situation with your ex is likely a small piece of the big picture of why you are no longer together. Parenting between couples needs to be of a united front....said the lady who chose not to have kids. :wink: Point being, no you are not crazy. Kids need responsibilities during their growing up period IMHO. Hang in there Mom and don't let the ex's antics get to you. :flowerforyou:
    LOVE THIS! AMAZING ADVICE! Why am I shouting. :blushing: Exclamation points scare me. Welcome to Walkens house of panteloons. :D Sorry LOVE SNL quotes. And their secret cause nobody gets them. :D
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Don't let your issues with your mate carry over to your child.

I'm sure you are both guilty to some degree. You need to get on the same page and make raising your child the most important issue.
  • vzucco
    vzucco Posts: 229
    Options
    If your son lives with you now after the divorce, it sounds like your ex is just trying to buy brownie points and be the "cool parent." Walking a dog is fun, don't really see why else he would say that!