Healthy Eaters with Open Diaries

Options
So I'm really trying to completely change my eating habits. For the first 25.5 years of my life my diet pretty much consisted of bread, pasta, and candy.
I'd love to have some more MFP friends who have similar healthy eating goals who can inspire me and keep me on track. Checking out other people's diaries gives me great ideas and knowing that someone might call me out on my poor eating habits will keep me in check. I think I'm doing well, but I don't really know what a "healthy" diet looks like, I've never really seen one before, heh.
So if anyone has similar goals and eats well/wants to start eating better, post so we can all support each other!

Replies

• aweightymatter
    Options
    Hi! I have an open diary and think I eat pretty healthy -- lots of veggies, protein, some fruit and dairy, and the occasional whole grain. Feel free to add me on here. I also keep a visual food diary (photos of meals) on Tumblr, and the address for that is in my MFP profile. Welcome and good luck :)
  • Wallaby2
    Wallaby2 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have an open diary and usually eat healthy so please add me if you would like to. I've found seeing others diaries also inspires me and gives me new ideas. All the best.
  • Rheatheylia
    Rheatheylia Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Awesome, request sent. I checked out your Tumblr, what an awesome idea, and your meals today looked great!
  • awdamm
    awdamm Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I PERSONALLY HAVE AN OPEN DIARY... i dont understand why EVERYONE's diary isn't open. whats the point of being here for "accountability" if your hiding what your eating... and really its all based on the honor system.

I try to track every little thing i eat. Do i miss some sure, do eye ball servings sure from time to time.... but I also know i'm in control of my own fate and reaching my goals. its up to me!

Feel free to friend and browse around my diaries... most weekends are blank but for the most part all week long i track everything.

BEST OF LUCK!
  • Rheatheylia
    Options
    I PERSONALLY HAVE AN OPEN DIARY... i dont understand why EVERYONE's diary isn't open. whats the point of being here for "accountability" if your hiding what your eating... and really its all based on the honor system.

I try to track every little thing i eat. Do i miss some sure, do eye ball servings sure from time to time.... but I also know i'm in control of my own fate and reaching my goals. its up to me!

Feel free to friend and browse around my diaries... most weekends are blank but for the most part all week long i track everything.

BEST OF LUCK!

I'm not sure why some people hide their diaries either, especially since what differentiates this site from others is the social/community aspect. I eyeball servings sometimes too, especially when I'm out somewhere and can't just weigh/measure something before I eat it, lol.

Thanks everyone who responded, requests have been sent :)
  • floweringcurrant
    floweringcurrant Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I eat pretty healthy but I hadn't figured out how to make my diary open, or even thought about it, to be honest, until now! We are already friends, but I'll go see if I can figure out how to change that. :)
  • horsiegall
    Options
    Friend mee. If there diary isn't open seems like they got something to hide
  • LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I think I eat pretty healthy...could be better I know but I do my best. My diary is open and I'm always looking for new friends that are active on this site to help keep me motivated as I always try and help others :) feel free to add me :)
  • shimmergal
    shimmergal Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Rheatheylia
    Options
    Requests sent to those who posted :)

I would like to clarify, I have nothing against people who eat "unhealthy" and I'm sure some people would consider what I eat unhealthy, because I do eat processed foods and such. I also have nothing against people with their diaries set to private, I might not "get" it, but I have nothing against it. My intention is not to alienate or make anyone feel bad, but to find people with similar goals so we can support and motivate each other.
  • missy_1975
    missy_1975 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Friend me if you're still looking for friends with open diaries. I'm certainly not perfect (can't resist wine and the occasional home made sloe gin!), but I reckon I'm reasonably healthy :-)
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me if you want! I have an open diary and feel that I eat pretty healthy. I agree with you - I LOVE checking out other peoples' diaries and getting meal/snack ideas.
  • yvettenicole21
    yvettenicole21 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I lose interest in people with closed diaries, what is the point?
    Feel free to add me and take a peek!
  • CharityPearce
    Options
    It took me a while to figure out how to make my diary public. There's nothing in the logging area that says how to do it - or even that you can do it. But now that I've figured it out, I love it. I am so much more careful knowing I'm going tohave all my friends critiquing. : ) Not that I have critical friends, but that's one of the reasons we're here, right. Good luck, girl!
  • nowornever47
    nowornever47 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Hi - welcome! I love checking out the diaries also because there may be nice healthy food choices that I'm not even thinking of, etc... so I have opened my diary also. *However, I do want to let you in on something I've found that helps me take that one step further. I had recently hit a plateau (for like 2 months!) and when you read the blogs, suggestions - what is the first sentence they suggest? "Eat super clean", besides drink more water, up the exercise, etc... so I always wondered - I had an idea but what exactly does that mean? Eating clean means no processed foods, lots of fruits and vegetables, etc and adding whole grain into your daily nutrition instead of white flour, etc. But - I found a book that I downloaded on to my iPad - it's called "The Eat Clean Diet Stripped" by Tosca Reno. Really interesting read.. I still like to enjoy wine and the occasional healthy choice meal when I don't have a lot of time but it is a helpful read. This particular book talks about losing that last 10 lbs but if you search her name she has a bunch of different books on eating clean. Kudos to you for trying to eat healty - it'll be a great way to sustain weight loss too! Good luck!! And... oh, I think I finally broke that DARN plateau... yay!! :smile:
  • awdamm
    awdamm Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Hi - welcome! I love checking out the diaries also because there may be nice healthy food choices that I'm not even thinking of, etc... so I have opened my diary also. *However, I do want to let you in on something I've found that helps me take that one step further. I had recently hit a plateau (for like 2 months!) and when you read the blogs, suggestions - what is the first sentence they suggest? "Eat super clean", besides drink more water, up the exercise, etc... so I always wondered - I had an idea but what exactly does that mean? Eating clean means no processed foods, lots of fruits and vegetables, etc and adding whole grain into your daily nutrition instead of white flour, etc. But - I found a book that I downloaded on to my iPad - it's called "The Eat Clean Diet Stripped" by Tosca Reno. Really interesting read.. I still like to enjoy wine and the occasional healthy choice meal when I don't have a lot of time but it is a helpful read. This particular book talks about losing that last 10 lbs but if you search her name she has a bunch of different books on eating clean. Kudos to you for trying to eat healty - it'll be a great way to sustain weight loss too! Good luck!! And... oh, I think I finally broke that DARN plateau... yay!! :smile:

I'LL have to look that book up.. thanks!
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I have an open diary :) i dont see the need to close it off:) more than happy to read through mine
  • Christina1007
    Christina1007 Posts: 179 Member
    Options

BEST OF LUCK!

Well said!!! People are here for the same reasons more or less, so why hide it? Maybe you're not being totally honest...?!!?