Healthy Eaters with Open Diaries

Options

Replies

• fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    i try to eat as health as possible but i do have my off days i log it 100% though , feel free to add!
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me, I eat very clean, natural and simple. With lots of eggs and salmon cos thats my fave foods!
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to friends! Just ignore the day before yesterday - I went out to a bar for the first time in a month! It was a nice splurge, but I'm back to the usual now :)
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Mine's open as well. It's pretty good for the most part.
    Well said!!! People are here for the same reasons more or less, so why hide it? Maybe you're not being totally honest...?!!?

More than likely, they ARE being totally honest and don't want or need the holier than thou crew being well, holier than thou. There's some pretty judgmental people around these parts. Some people have enough to deal with trying to lose weight, they don't need others bashing what little control they are trying to maintain.
  • SpitfireStacey
    SpitfireStacey Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    So I'm really trying to completely change my eating habits. For the first 25.5 years of my life my diet pretty much consisted of bread, pasta, and candy.
    I'd love to have some more MFP friends who have similar healthy eating goals who can inspire me and keep me on track. Checking out other people's diaries gives me great ideas and knowing that someone might call me out on my poor eating habits will keep me in check. I think I'm doing well, but I don't really know what a "healthy" diet looks like, I've never really seen one before, heh.
    So if anyone has similar goals and eats well/wants to start eating better, post so we can all support each other!

If you want to add me, please do. We are at the same sort of current weight and we have pretty similar goal weights too. I'm not perfect with the food - I like my wine/beer/chips treats but I don't typically eat too much processed foods, I like my veggies, but I also like my bread/potatoes. I think everythign in moderation is stated so often for a reason so if you're having something "unhealthy" just have less of it. We have 3 sizes of plates, normal dinner plates, normal side dish plates and a mid-size plate. I've been using the mid size instead of the normal size plate tohelp control my portions. I load half up with veggies, throw my meat on there and then whatever space is left is for potatoes/rice. I'm not deprived but I'm not going overboard either...
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. I eat pretty healthy most of the time. There are occasional lapses and of course the weekly cheat day.
  • SheRa1964
    Options
    I have an open diary and I LOVE to read other people's food diary. My theory on the closed diary. I think some people might be sensitive to criticism. Maybe they don't want our opinion on what they are eating or maybe they are under eating. I think it's everyones prerogative whether to share or not to share. People with food issues usually deal with a lot of stuff in their real/personal lives. It might make one a little hesitant to share...

Anyway you can check mine out and I'd love to check out other people's. I especially love to look at people's diary who have lost a lot of weight. It gives me inspiration...
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I have an open diary........TRY to eat healthy, most of the time, at least Sunday - Thursday :smile:

I usually don't log on the weekends for a few different reasons........Home computer sucks and shuts down unexpectedly, my son takes me laptop up to his room and I don't feel like getting it :smile:

Anyways, you can add me if you like, or just check out my diary. For my soups, you can also ask for the recipes as I build them with exactly what i am putting into it (obviously :smile: ) but do not make it open to all because I don't know how!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I PERSONALLY HAVE AN OPEN DIARY... i dont understand why EVERYONE's diary isn't open. whats the point of being here for "accountability" if your hiding what your eating... and really its all based on the honor system.

I try to track every little thing i eat. Do i miss some sure, do eye ball servings sure from time to time.... but I also know i'm in control of my own fate and reaching my goals. its up to me!

Feel free to friend and browse around my diaries... most weekends are blank but for the most part all week long i track everything.

BEST OF LUCK!

I'm not sure why some people hide their diaries either, especially since what differentiates this site from others is the social/community aspect. I eyeball servings sometimes too, especially when I'm out somewhere and can't just weigh/measure something before I eat it, lol.

Thanks everyone who responded, requests have been sent :)

Mine is open to friends-only but they all know not to offer advice or criticize because its not their place to do so.... the team of doctors who I work with are the only people who can offer the advice or criticize and so far, they are pleased with my progress...

It's up to the individual on how they want to use MFP... if they choose to keep it private, there is nothing wrong with that and they should be able to come around MFP's site free from judgement or anything else negative...... the fact they are using MFP (or other similar site) shows they are at least trying... if they need help, they will go asking....
  • Crystal_R84
    Crystal_R84 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I tihnk mine is open! I still don't know how to change setting ect. but pretty sure mine is open!
  • emilypsb
    emilypsb Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I just started on MFP and am looking for friends. I eat pretty healthy but do have the occasional bad day. Also, I have to eat gluten free which forces me to cut out a lot of the processed, unnecessary stuff.
  • margieward82
    margieward82 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Mine's open! I'm not perfect (see my cookie with breakfast) but I'm trying! We eat about 95% clean in our house as well. Feel free to add or diary stalk :P
  • change_happens
    Options
    More than likely, they ARE being totally honest and don't want or need the holier than thou crew being well, holier than thou. There's some pretty judgmental people around these parts. Some people have enough to deal with trying to lose weight, they don't need others bashing what little control they are trying to maintain.
    [/quote]

Well said! This site is for logging, so we can personally see what we are doing. This site isn't here so we can be bound to the critical nature of some. It is for tracking with OTHER benefits!

Thanks for that point regarding the crtical folks... there are a lot... and why some people feel that they can tell someone else what to eat is beyond me.

To each his own.

I like the site for the convenience of logging... when I log :)
  • SeaSiren1
    SeaSiren1 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    My diary is open to my friends and I eat highly nutritious foods. Due to the size of my friends list (love my MFP friends!), please incude a brief message about eating healthy as I am only adding persons with similar interests or issues. That keeps our group rocking so we all keep on track :smile:
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Open diary here as well. I try and eat healthy most days (unless there is a reason in my notes section) so feel free to check it out for some ideas. :smile:
  • paj315
    paj315 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Feel free to take a peek at mine, I think I eat pretty healthy 80% of the time!!!
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    My diary is open and I generally eat healthy, all home cooked meals. However, I do have the occasional indulgences, so as long as you aren't looking for perfection, feel free to poke around my diary!
  • nursestewart
    nursestewart Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to friends. I try to log everday. My husband said I eat weird but I like what I eat. Your welcome to add me. Good luck!
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me :)
  • drivermarshy
    Options
    my diary is open. im eating high protein diet due to weight training but feel free to have a look and see if anything is of any use x