Shamrock Shakes

Options
13»

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    no..wont kill you...but man o man...so many "bettter" things to enjoy than a sugary chemical pigfest...how about some cave aged guyrere cheese...it is heaven

Yes, but can I get that from my local drive through?????
    JUST KIDDING. :wink:
    um, what's wrong with a "sugary chemical pigfest" they sell them all time, so they must be ok for folks to eat/drink right??:noway: :sick: :tongue:
    and what was the tongue for? LOL...come one come all....sugary chemical pigfests on sale today! Shamrock today, thigh hocks tomorrow...it's a beautiful world
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    no..wont kill you...but man o man...so many "bettter" things to enjoy than a sugary chemical pigfest...how about some cave aged guyrere cheese...it is heaven

Yes, but can I get that from my local drive through?????
    JUST KIDDING. :wink:
    um, what's wrong with a "sugary chemical pigfest" they sell them all time, so they must be ok for folks to eat/drink right??:noway: :sick: :tongue:
    and what was the tongue for? LOL...come one come all....sugary chemical pigfests on sale today! Shamrock today, thigh hocks tomorrow...it's a beautiful world
    :laugh: yup a person can pretty much find anything they want or don't want out there!!:wink:

:bigsmile: The tongue Sir was to let you know I was goofin around a bit in case you were a huge fan of sugary chemical pigfest feedlots I wished NOT to offend you and your chemical choices!!:wink::glasses: :laugh:
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    :bigsmile: The tongue Sir was to let you know I was goofin around a bit in case you were a huge fan of sugary chemical pigfest feedlots I wished NOT to offen you and your chemical choices!!:glasses: :laugh:

wish and ye shall receive

just dont wish for a sugary chemical pigfest:tongue:

yes...this is called beating it into the ground
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    :bigsmile: The tongue Sir was to let you know I was goofin around a bit in case you were a huge fan of sugary chemical pigfest feedlots I wished NOT to offen you and your chemical choices!!:glasses: :laugh:

:grumble: :sick: :laugh: I don't WANT one...quit trying to temp me with that delicious sounding chemical pigfest feedlot food!:angry::laugh: :laugh: :sick:
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

:grumble: :sick: :laugh: I don't WANT one...quit trying to temp me with that delicious sounding chemical food!:angry::laugh: :laugh: :sick:

FINE..you will get nothing and LIKE IT
    (the great actor who I forget his name in CaddyShack)
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

:grumble: :sick: :laugh: I don't WANT one...quit trying to temp me with that delicious sounding chemical food!:angry::laugh: :laugh: :sick:

FINE..you will get nothing and LIKE IT
    (the great actor who I forget his name in CaddyShack)
    raz.gif what! no comeback for that one?:wink::noway: :bigsmile:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I use to love Cadbury eggs, now they are just too sweet for me. My husband loves those Peeps, which I think are so gross, and way too sweet:sick:

I was going to suggest just making a mint flavored milk shake at home, but I see somebody beat me to it. This dang job is getting in the way of my chatting.:grumble: Half the stuff I want to say has already been said before I get here.:frown:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I use to love Cadbury eggs, now they are just too sweet for me. My husband loves those Peeps, which I think are so gross, and way too sweet:sick:

I was going to suggest just making a mint flavored milk shake at home, but I see somebody beat me to it. This dang job is getting in the way of my chatting.:grumble: Half the stuff I want to say has already been said before I get here.:frown:
    I hear ya girl on that egg....they are so sweet when you quit eating certain things then try them again. ew I used to be a peep girl....mmm the yellow ones. But no way would I waste all those cals/carbs on a peep with lil black eyes a tail made of marshmellow and coated in yellow sugar.... ya just simply gotta draw the line somewhere!:ohwell: :laugh: :laugh:

ah another sugar chemical fest at it's finest!:noway: :sick: :frown:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Enjoy yourself - here's the nutritional facts for the 11.3 oz size

Nutrition Facts
    Calories 416 (1740 kJ)
    % DV 1
    Total Fat 9.8g 15%
    Sat. Fat 6g 30%
    Trans Fat 0.8g
    Cholesterol 38mg 13%
    Sodium 135mg 6%
    Total Carbs. 72.4g 24%
    Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
    Sugars 61.5g
    Protein 9.4g
    Calcium 337.5mg

OH THE GUILT!!!! HAHAHA....Guess I'll just do some extra workouts.

Actually, that's not so bad....
    I mean, I have a tea drink from Starbucks that is almost that much.
    I say, enjoy....it's a limited time thing.
    Maybe just not everyday. :wink:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Well everyone I have some good news for you! I do have the recipe for Mcdonalds Shamrock Shakes!
    This is their actual version of it so you could modify it and make it healhtier for yourself.

2 cups of vanilla ice cream
    1 cup milk
    1/4 cup of half and half
    1/4 teaspoon of MINT extract (not peppermint)
    8 drops of green food coloring

Mix all ingredients on high speed until smooth. Stop blender, stir and blend again, if necessary to combine all ingredients.

Makes 2-12oz shakes

ENJOY!

Wow! Thanks! I may have to try that if I'm craving more of them!! haha...

Oh! Easy-peasy to make this healthier....
    Use Lowfat frozen yogurt
    Skim Milk in place of half-and-half (or Soymilk, but it will mess with the flavor a bit more)
    The rest is alright!

The texture may be a little more "icy" and not as creamy, since you're chopping a lot of the fat....but it just may kill the craving!

:drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Enjoy yourself - here's the nutritional facts for the 11.3 oz size

Nutrition Facts
    Calories 416 (1740 kJ)
    % DV 1
    Total Fat 9.8g 15%
    Sat. Fat 6g 30%
    Trans Fat 0.8g
    Cholesterol 38mg 13%
    Sodium 135mg 6%
    Total Carbs. 72.4g 24%
    Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
    Sugars 61.5g
    Protein 9.4g
    Calcium 337.5mg

OH THE GUILT!!!! HAHAHA....Guess I'll just do some extra workouts.

Actually, that's not so bad....
    I mean, I have a tea drink from Starbucks that is almost that much.
    I say, enjoy....it's a limited time thing.
    Maybe just not everyday. :wink:
    I'm not a starbucks girl and had no IDEA their tea could have 72 carb grams in it! EEK, good thing I love my water:wink::drinker: :heart: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • drewzaun
    drewzaun Posts: 111
    Options
    I buy sugar free ice cream from my Coop that is sweetened with Stevia...................and it is all natural.

Sorry for the hijack, but I see this qualification all the time, here, there and everywhere. Companies love to throw the "all natural" out there, and so many people just suck it up like it is the best thing ever. Here is a short list of "all natural", but I would not want to eat any of it:

Arsenic
    mercury
    poison ivy
    crude oil
    radioactive material
    asbestos

So please, just because something is labeled "all natural" does not make it good, good for you, or anything that resembles that. Maybe stevia is healthy, maybe it is not. I do not know. I do know however that every sweetener has downsides. I would rather stick to sugar myself, at least I know what it does...
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Yum, I love anything with mint and Ice cream. Good thing that the closest McD's is 30 miles from my house. I'm sure I'll end up getting one sometime.

I'm jealous of this!! I think my biggest problem was that McDonald's was always around the corner when I was hungry or wanted something sweet or salty ... Never had a Shamrock Shake ... I think I'll stick to my Skinny Cow mint ice cream sandwich when I'm craving :)
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Anna_Banana....I actually DO NOT use fake sweetener....its a personal choice....

Imagine, I dont BUY ice cream, or yogurt. Also I am not into coffee. My whey protein shakes only have 3 grams of sugar, and I have gotten local all natural honey still in the honey comb IF I want a little treat
    Also the diet I have been following has made me the healthiest I have EVER been in my life. I have never felt so much energy and am really starting to realize how important will power really is!!

Thank you MFP for helping me attain my goals of healthy CLEAN eating!!! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Go to your local grocery story and get a container of healthy choice mint chocolate chip ice cream and mix it with a cup of skim milk and blend. I am sure it has to be less than half of those calories.

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

My favorite post for answers:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again
  • MattySparky
    Options

LOL at "sugary chemical pigfest" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

... straight from the rusty old poopfaucet...

I think making one yourself would be a way better choice. McDonalds ice cream can climb up a wall if it wants to, and I think it even glows in the dark??!!:indifferent:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

LOL at "sugary chemical pigfest" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think making one yourself would be a way better choice. McDonalds ice cream can climb up a wall if it wants to, and I think it even glows in the dark??!!:indifferent:
    what were ya sleepin when all the sugar chemical festivities were going on Matty? lol Ohhhhhhh that's right you're working!:frown: :laugh:
  • MattySparky
    Options

what were ya sleepin when all the sugar chemical festivities were going on Matty? lol Ohhhhhhh that's right you're working!:frown: :laugh:

Nah I cant believe I didn't get in on that... what a shame... Im sure someone would've shut me up good though!!:wink::wink:

No I was workin out with my new polar HRM... I've been burning more calories than the treadmill said I was... it's such a liar!!! damn robots....DONT TRUST ROBOTS PEOPLE, ESPECIALLY "SOFT SERVE" MACHINES LOL:laugh:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

Nah I cant believe I didn't get in on that... what a shame... Im sure someone would've shut me up good though!!:wink::wink:

No I was workin out with my new polar HRM... I've been burning more calories than the treadmill said I was... it's such a liar!!! damn robots....DONT TRUST ROBOTS PEOPLE, ESPECIALLY "SOFT SERVE" MACHINES LOL:laugh:
    :laugh: :laugh: yea I felt lucky I got out alive:wink: But it was fun:tongue: Very cool you got yourself a Poooooooooolar HRM:drinker:

Have fun with it!:bigsmile:

FC:heart:
  • JamieArmbruster
    JamieArmbruster Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    30 pounds and about 4 years ago, when they put Shamrock Shake up on the sign I stopped and had one everyday until they went away again.... plus a big mac, fries, well you get the picture! Now I have one small shake once a year, just to get the taste that I love! Yeah it isn't healthy, but NONE of my old habits were, so one shake is worth it for me to run a little harder that day. And as Gray said, if I don't have it once I will obsess unitl I go overboard! I guess each of us has that thing that we are willing to splurge for! Shamrock shakes are mine!