Why should I lift weights? Pics

Options
This is why! When you picture yourself you your goal weight, what do you look like? I picture myself tone and lean. Lifting is what gets you that look! Huge calorie deficit and strictly cardio and I would have lost more muscle and stayed "skinny fat" Here is a little update on my muscles! I lift HEAVY and I am not bulky.

Don't wait to "tone"!! Start now and look better at your goal weight :]

134 lbs:

FAT-1.png
fat.png

123 lbs:

Fgcgncf.jpg
FxCam_1322210891141-picsay.jpg
tummy.jpg

only 10 pound difference. Scale weight is not important! What is important is that it looks like i lost more and couldn't be happier!

Don't wait to lift... do it as soon as possible! :D

ETA: Okay colombian here it is: xD
FxCam_1315016810752.jpg

for an added note:Don't be afraid of free weights! They are your friend. Compound lifts rock :]
Get those squats and deadlifts in! You will have amazing results. I promise you :]

Replies

• angelbeville
    Options
    Fabulous example of why we should strength train! I am motivated more than ever now. Congratulations on your hard work, and thank you for sharing!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

Don't wait to lift... do it as soon as possible! :D

^ This chick deadlifts 200+ BTW. Crazy.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    you should post a picture of you squatting to show them what you mean by "heavy" for some people a 50lb curling bar is heavy :P
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    you are such an inspiration - LOVE it! Great job!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    :heart: Great job! Love it!
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    you should post a picture of you squatting to show them what you mean by "heavy" for some people a 50lb curling bar is heavy :P

fact.
    and those 225 deadlifts are impressive!!

keep lifting heavy girl
  • Crystal_R84
    Crystal_R84 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Preach it sister! I can only at 205 for deadlifts! I had to stop deadlifting for a couple weeks.Thank God for muscle memory! Keep up the awesomeness!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Sunshine you are a total rockstar and I love when you post this stuff. But there's something very wrong with you - you should look like Mr. Universe by now with all that heavy lifting. LMAO Seriously, completely awesome. Love that you bust that myth every time you post a pic. :-)
  • lovinlife71
    Options
    :heart: Awesome! :heart:
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    You are excellent. Congrats on your success.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I really :heart: you
  • _Bro
    _Bro Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
    Great work w results - no reason to be hesitant of weights. If only it was easy to get bulky!
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    You are amazing Sunshine!! Inspiring me everyday!!
  • SeaSiren1
    SeaSiren1 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    :heart:
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Amazing. You're awesome! :smile:
  • jkmurphy06
    jkmurphy06 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I love lifting, I just started within the last month, but honestly I think it's hugely underrated among women. You physically cannot "bulk" up without hormone therapy and muscle burns fat even while resting! I'm doing strength training 4-5 days a week, 3-4 sets of heavier (than what I'm used to) weights at 10-12 reps. I'm allready seeing results in my back and biceps/triceps.Do it!
  • 21katykat01
    Options
    WoW! You're amazing! And, you've decided me. I am going to join a gym and get a trainer to show me how I can start lifting.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    you are inspiring!!
  • MoooveOverFluffy
    MoooveOverFluffy Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC POST!! I can't wait to get to the loads you are lifting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!