• SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Awesome post!!!!

I need to do more strenght training!!
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    OK - so I have a question for you. I'm not afraid of lifting weights - did a ton in high school, but where do you get your program? In high school, the teacher had a program that we followed. Do you have a personal trainer, make your own, or what??
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Lovely!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    OK - so I have a question for you. I'm not afraid of lifting weights - did a ton in high school, but where do you get your program? In high school, the teacher had a program that we followed. Do you have a personal trainer, make your own, or what??

I have my own :] Personal trainers are expensive and with a little research it can all be found on the internet :]
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options

I have my own :] Personal trainers are expensive and with a little research it can all be found on the internet :]

Thanks, I'll have to go searching.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Good work! You kick *kitten* and look amazing!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    New Rules of lifting is a very good book! Or Starting strength by Mark Rippetoe

I also am always on this website: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/articles
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    demotivational-posters-athletic-girls.jpg
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Good work. You look great.

Although I am sure the OP is aware of this for the sake of balance I think it should be made clear that "heavy" is a relative term.

In essence the resistance you impose on your muscles (load) must be sufficiently greater than it is accustomed to (overload) forcing it to adapt and grow (hypertrophy). Once it has completed that process if you wish the muscle to grow more or become stronger then you must increase the resistance it has been placed under (progressive overload).

For some people even the bar alone or with minimal weight will be enough to constitute "heavy". It's not about a fixed number. Hell, for some obese people walking is enough to trigger muscular hypertrophy.

Progressive overload doesn't just have to be about weight on the bar (though it is my preferred option). It can be about increased sets, frequency, reps, intensity, decreased rest time (supersetting for example) and so on.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Damn, girl! You are friggen Wonder Woman!!
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Dropping kicking weight lifting myths one thread at a time:heart:

Great work!
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    very impressive..
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Getting ready to start lifting and needed this!! Thanks! :heart:
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    You look AWESOME!!!!
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    great thread.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I have a bowflex upstairs that I refuse to use. I hate lifting because i have to think about it. With cardio, I can let my mind wander or watch tv and forget I'm exercising. How can I get over that?
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    you should post a picture of you squatting to show them what you mean by "heavy" for some people a 50lb curling bar is heavy :P

Well it might be for people who have just started lifting and don't have much upper body strenght. I would love to be able to do what the OP does , but little by little is the way to go and 50 lbs may be heavy for some people and THAT'S OK!
  • Danahimself
    Danahimself Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Fabulous example of why we should strength train! I am motivated more than ever now. Congratulations on your hard work, and thank you for sharing!

Thank you!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I hate lifting because i have to think about it. With cardio, I can let my mind wander or watch tv and forget I'm exercising. How can I get over that?
    I'm guilty of this too. I'm thinking that what I've lacked is a structured program, with goals and tracking of progress.
  • BADGIRLstl
    BADGIRLstl Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I am lifting....my Sweetie have me going hard...I am doing it...but I was scared I would bulk....thanks for sharing this with me....THIS POST IS REALLY FOR ME!!!!

Pssst...I am nowhere near where you are though.... YOU ARE ROCKING IT....HOLY ish!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!