You're annoying.

Options

Replies

• jeannec3631
    jeannec3631 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I so agree annoying is the right word, but what can you do these days you can only worry on how you feel and hope for others to take advantage of the good vibes you are giving with your success.

I only delete people if they are chronically negative! I don't need that vibe anywhere in my life. I love watching & reading people success stories...even if I may not comment. Keep up your good works & sharing...you never know who you may have inspired!!
  • LosingWeight2012
    LosingWeight2012 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Why is it that people on facebook don't care about our weight loss? you are so right about the snide remarks. I get tired of people telling me i don't need to lose weight. Uhm, my doctor said it would help me out to lose some and get in shape! i think it is stupid to tell someone 'OH YOU LOOK FINE' and say that you don't have weight to lose. That just holds people back from reaching their goals. Some people will literally stop trying to lose weight if enough people tell them they look fine. It is sad.
  • paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I tend to reply to most of the posts on my wall. I often wonder if I'm that "annoying" friend, myself :D But I guess if they get that annoyed they can just push the little delete button. I want people to know that I'm there and supporting them. I have a bunch of people on my list that never reply, and that irritates me WAY more than the people who may just post "WTG!" or "Nice job!" on every post. At least those people are making an effort to return the support :)

I have wondered this too LOL. If I have a mutually motivational/supportive "friendship" with someone, then yes, I take time to look at the diary & exercise logs to make comments that I hope will be helpful & encouraging. Many of my friends have lost much more weight than me, so I really try to learn from them more than anything.

We all know if we have a good or bad day. I don't feel compelled to rub it in a friend's face if they have an off day. If a friend seems to be truly struggling with an ongoing issue, yes, I will offer suggestions. As far as I can tell, nobody has deleted me as a friend yet.

This is a process, and everyone is at different place. Annoying or not, I want to help them feel supported... that's why I have them as MFP friends.

Meanwhile, I log. Some friends comment every day, some occasionally, and some never (either not their thing or they are collectors - whatever, or those who only take support but don't give any... these are the true annoyers IMO), and these roles rotate depending on what's happening in all our busy lives.

There is nowhere in my busy physical world to discuss health, weight, and fitness at great length, like MFP. I started this journey for me, and I would be on MFP even without friends; however, I like the camaraderie and will risk being annoying :bigsmile:
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Why is it that people on facebook don't care about our weight loss? you are so right about the snide remarks. I get tired of people telling me i don't need to lose weight. Uhm, my doctor said it would help me out to lose some and get in shape! i think it is stupid to tell someone 'OH YOU LOOK FINE' and say that you don't have weight to lose. That just holds people back from reaching their goals. Some people will literally stop trying to lose weight if enough people tell them they look fine. It is sad.

Oh speaking of facebook. I got tired of some of the snide remarks and posted this on a note today.
    I get the feeling that people get annoyed with me especially now that I'm working to better myself. I find that it's one of the only things besides my crocheting, photo's, and kids I talk about. But I'm not sorry about that. Take me as I am or go away! I will not let people bring me down, and if you try I'm just going to look at it as jealousy and all that is going to do is motivate me to keep going.

I'm excited for the new way of life I'm chosing, at first it was all "Oh man I really don't know about this." But you know, like a photo I seen there is no easy way out of it, you either work out and pay it forward now, or you be lazy and pay the hospital bills later. You choose your hard, I'm choosing mine, and if someone has an issue with that. Well I do not force anyone to keep me on their list!

Ok have a great day :)
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I find it extremely annoying that people add ME, and then don't comment on my stuff lol. I don't seek friends on here, but if people add me and are supportive of me, I will be supportive back. Otherwise, don't effin' add me if you're not going to support me. I didn't add you, so I don't care what you are doing with your weight loss. I'm the type that returns, not initiates.

ETA: There is less than a handful of my friends that I actually care about their progress because they show genuine interest in mine and I would never find them annoying, even if they criticized what I ate. Sometimes I need a good kick in the butt. :heart:
  • blueyegrl
    blueyegrl Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    OOOOOO, I so hope I annoy people with my successes! At least eventually as I've just started and my successes are minimal at this point. lol But yeah, if I'm going to annoy people, that's the way I want to do it! :happy:
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options

Oh speaking of facebook. I got tired of some of the snide remarks and posted this on a note today.
    I get the feeling that people get annoyed with me especially now that I'm working to better myself. I find that it's one of the only things besides my crocheting, photo's, and kids I talk about. But I'm not sorry about that. Take me as I am or go away! I will not let people bring me down, and if you try I'm just going to look at it as jealousy and all that is going to do is motivate me to keep going.

I'm excited for the new way of life I'm chosing, at first it was all "Oh man I really don't know about this." But you know, like a photo I seen there is no easy way out of it, you either work out and pay it forward now, or you be lazy and pay the hospital bills later. You choose your hard, I'm choosing mine, and if someone has an issue with that. Well I do not force anyone to keep me on their list!

Ok have a great day :)

I love this and what I have learned is those who don't want to hear about others success is because they struggle themselves and want others to as well. I am excited to see and hear about other peoples success stories because this motivates me. Weight loss gives people confidence and loving themselves, my only pet peeve is when a person uses this sight for more social and posting pictures that lead to "your hot, nice body, ect..." nothing wrong with one now showing off their new body, but there's a limit when it seems to lead to "attention" then support, success, and weight loss. People are self conscious with weight and its always nice to hear how great one looks, I am that way too, but sometimes, may be too much... just my opinion
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I don't care if my "friends" interact with me on a regular basis. There are definitely friends I love to interact with, and chat with more often than others, but I have a ton who rarely post anything at all on the feeds, and that's cool. If I am someone they like to have on the friends list, that's enough for me. I have a good group of cheerleaders who I know will reply when I post a comment or a loss, but even if they don't, I'm not all torn up about it. I'm sure they are conducting their lives and their failure to be online when I am is SO not a big deal to me.

I do not understand people who NEED to have interaction from everyone. I just do not have time for that much interaction....I'd never log off!

If I have someone on my list for more than a month and they haven't logged in, I consider dropping them, for one small reason only: when I want to find someone and send them a PM, if I have 250 people on there it takes longer to find the one I want. So I trim out the folks who seem to have left MFP.
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Weh, weh, weh,,,complaining about people not "supporting" you is mildly annoying. Although encouragement is nice, you should not depend on it to accomplish your goals. Plus, if you say kind words to someone do it because you want to, not for the return "support". Sorry, I had to....

I found this comment annoying. OP wasn't complaining or begging for attention. She asked a question. You add friends on here for support. When you give it, you expect to receive, at least a little, back. If there are people that never comment on anything you accomplish, then they are not really supporting you.
  • mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I wish I could "remove" people in real life who are annoyed by my weight loss, lol.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    lol, cute.

I must annoy people like hell. I am very proud of my self and when I need a pick me up I post my pics every where for a complement.
    I feel I have have accomplished a lot and therefor can get a way with a lot too. If you don't like it just don't look, if you do good for you!
  • candicejn
    candicejn Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    ya know whats annoying? When people try to one up your success by telling you what they have accomplished right after you just got done telling them your success. Can I please enjoy my F#cking moment please??? Outside of MFP

I HATE this, too. Drives me F'ing crazy. My mother and sister are notorious for trying to one-up me, so I don't even share my successes with them anymore.
  • candicejn
    candicejn Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I am never annoyed by someone who posts that they are losing. The only ones that annoy me is the chronic complainers. And yes, I will delete them. We all have bad days and may post about it but it is the people that ONLY complain. But be proud of your success, if there are some that are annoyed by that then get rid of them. Just my opinion. :wink:

There's a couple people on my list that like to do this. It's quite irritating!
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I feel like people are annoyed by me or even creeped out but I am so nice and supportive to them they don't have the guts to defriend me. In the end we can't control what others think of us so I just do what I think is the right thing and that reduces my stress over that.
  • JThomas61
    Options
    I feel like my workouts are over the top and annoy people because of the calorie burns. I also delete people without warning, usually because they fit into my mantra "if you ain't workin, you ain't staying". 3 days of not logging in and "POOF" your gone!
  • gigiangelique
    gigiangelique Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    maybe they are jealous of you
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    reading other ppl's posts about their accomplishments only motivates me more. its the winers that annoy me. don't get me wrong everyone has bad days (i've been bad for months haha)
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I feel like my workouts are over the top and annoy people because of the calorie burns. I also delete people without warning, usually because they fit into my mantra "if you ain't workin, you ain't staying". 3 days of not logging in and "POOF" your gone!

I delete people for not knowing the difference between "your" and "you're".. :wink:

I don't really "maintain" my friends list, so if someone doesn't log in or doesn't post, I don't really notice. I have deleted people for posting religious stuff to my feed, or using MFP like Facebook and posting every detail of their day. But that's about it.
  • JThomas61
    Options

I delete people for not knowing the difference between "your" and "you're".. :wink:

I don't really "maintain" my friends list, so if someone doesn't log in or doesn't post, I don't really notice. I have deleted people for posting religious stuff to my feed, or using MFP like Facebook and posting every detail of their day. But that's about it.

I also delete people for making assumptions, such as not knowing the difference between "your" and "you're"...lol You caught me I do know the difference, I just didn't proof read my post.