Do you still eat carbs

Options
1235»

Replies

• tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    I have no "cannot eat foods", including carbs. They are important to a healthy active life, and body function.

I do moderate some items, etc. Adjust portion size, based on calorie needs. But really that all. I am more concerned with a balanced approach for all my macros.

Some people for health reasons, based on their individual health history, body needs, and reactions may need to limit carbs. And certainly should do so.

And some may find "their" body does better with a lower carb diet. Again, not a problem.

But to completely cut out all carbs for everyone, I think is unrealistic.

You can drop fat lbs, and maintain a good healthy life with sensible eating, including carbs and common sense.
  • semhe
    semhe Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Ive cut carbs but not banished them, try just using half the amount you normally would or only eating them in one meal a day. theyre not the enemy, lack of exercise is the enemy
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I eat carbs, all sorts of carbs. When I cut them down, I turn in to a witch, so when mama gets her carbs the whole family is happy. :)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Oooohhhh. I just remembered this.

My daughter's swim team works a concession stand at the civic center here to raise money to pay for out of town meets and stuff. I went to pick her up one night and there were a BUNCH of pretzels left over, which were just going to be eaten by staff or tossed, so they were asking if anyone wanted one. This woman, who was not exactly at a healthy weight, said no because there were too many carbs.

Then she said how she couldn't wait to go get her McFlurry when she was finally done for the night ...

I had to physically restrain my mouth from falling open.
  • ChasingHaven
    ChasingHaven Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation.....and this isn't a diet, this is a lifestyle change! :wink:

^^^This!!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    Made linguine alle vongole last night......with white pasta. I'm still alive and well.:laugh:
  • havalinaaa
    havalinaaa Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I had a dream that one day that white carbs and brown carbs, simple and complex were enjoyed together in perfect harmony and moderation. The only foods that should be discriminated against are the ones that taste bad :)

<3 this!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options

My daughter's swim team works a concession stand at the civic center here to raise money to pay for out of town meets and stuff. I went to pick her up one night and there were a BUNCH of pretzels left over, which were just going to be eaten by staff or tossed, so they were asking if anyone wanted one. This woman, who was not exactly at a healthy weight, said no because there were too many carbs.

Then she said how she couldn't wait to go get her McFlurry when she was finally done for the night ...

McFood does not have carbs, it has McCarbs. Carbs are bad. McCarbs are good. Depending on whom you ask. LMAO
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

McFood does not have carbs, it has McCarbs. Carbs are bad. McCarbs are good. Depending on whom you ask. LMAO

I stand corrected. :-)

Honestly, I could not possibly care less what other people eat. I just found her reasoning amusing once she announced her intentions of having the McFlurry, like, WHAT??!! lol I did not say a word, though. None of my business.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options

I stand corrected. :-)

Honestly, I could not possibly care less what other people eat. I just found her reasoning amusing once she announced her intentions of having the McFlurry, like, WHAT??!! lol I did not say a word, though. None of my business.

I'm not sure what's so amusing, pretzel = bad, ice cream with cookie = good. You see, a pretzel is just one straight carb, but the ice cream McCarbs and cookie McCarbs cancel each other out in the McFlurry so you get negative Net McCarbs. It's really much simpler than we all make it out to be. LMAO ;-)

In all seriousness, though, carbs = yum, as long as you're not eating so much of them that you can't get in your other nutrients, too. :-)
  • mizunderstood
    Options
    I eat the "good carbs" as they call it. I have cut down on sugar and salt.
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I love carbs and probably eat way too many, and not the good ones either. I'm a carb addict.
  • bonnynblithe04
    bonnynblithe04 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I still do but I try to get in the "good" ones first before having the others.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    carbs = loves of my life.
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I love and eat carbs... I just try to stick with whole grain breads and pastas.
  • 2PRETTY2BEFAT
    2PRETTY2BEFAT Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    sure do.