Zumba

Options
Has anyone tried Zumba? Do you like or dislike?

Replies

• ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Love - for me, it's a great workout (600+ cals burned in 50 minutes) and so much more fun and than spending an hour on an elliptical. And I'm completely uncoordinated and typically dislike exercise classes :)
  • annameier8706
    annameier8706 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I LOVE zumba! It's a great workout, burn tons of calories, and it's super fun.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Love Zumba. But the instructor makes or breaks the class.
  • jackyb03
    Options
    I just took my first Zumba class this past Monday .. it was awesome! I had so much fun .. I did learn that I have no rhythm, LOL but I felt like I worked out and had a blast. I would recommend Zumba.
  • quickfin
    quickfin Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Love it, I'm usually sore everywhere afterwards....including my calves which seem to never hurt after a workout
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    :heart: LOVE IT !!!! :heart:
  • MustangAng
    MustangAng Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've taken Zumba classes a couple of times and it was so much fun! In my experience, even if you're not doing the moves exactly right you are still sweating and getting a work out by just moving!
  • indrani1947
    indrani1947 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I love it , time flies and I feel so toned after
  • KacieHetrick
    KacieHetrick Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Obsessed! LOL I go 4 x's a week and I miss it the day's I don't have class!
  • KacieHetrick
    KacieHetrick Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    BTW I lost 24 lbs in one month by doing Zumba 4x's a week and staying under or at 100 g carbs a day!
  • MzBeauty2U
    MzBeauty2U Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I love it! I do it on my xbox kinect system.. it is super fun!!! You will burn so many calories it's unbelievable...
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE! I have the DVD's that I use 5 days a week and I take one class at my community center on Saturdays. Once you get the jist of the choreography, you can add your own flavor to it and just groove.
  • LoreeBelle
    LoreeBelle Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I happen to know that I'm getting Zumba for Wii for Christmas! *wink, wink*

You're welcome to come over and give it a try with me! I think Meg is interested, too!
  • chelseyyy90
    chelseyyy90 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love zumba!! I started it a few months ago and have become addicted to it. I agree that the instructor makes or breaks the class and luckily I have a very good one.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I used to attend the classes. I enjoyed it and the time flew by. I stopped because my foot kept going numb while I was doing it, but if you're generally healthy, you will probably be fine. I had to modify some of the moves to be lower impact since I have some weird joint issues in my foot.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba. I just got me instructor's license for Zumba last weekend.
  • yager8725
    yager8725 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    love it love it love it!!! great burn and has inproved my workout stamina!!! you must try it!
  • melitsace
    melitsace Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am an instructor. I got certified in August. It really does depend on your instructor but I think that I make a good and fun class where we can burn between 500-1000 calories in 50 minutes. Zumba is how I started in the gym and I still do it all the time. 5 times a week and 2 times a day at least most days.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    i really want to try it. everybody is surprised i haven't done it yet becausae i love to dance, especially to music like zumba covers. one of these days i will.. my bff did it for a while and she shed weight like crazy!
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I tried it for the first time today. I was really nervous and have been toying with the idea for almost three months. I did much better than I thought and I loved it. I will definately go back again. I think it will be a fun addition to my workout routine.