Zumba

Options

Replies

• lauraemthomson
    lauraemthomson Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    i cant say its my chosen type of exercise, dont feel like am getting a good burn. Xworks and cuircits rock!
  • calicat40
    calicat40 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to try it, it looks so fun but my fitness level is way low and I'm afraid I will only last two minutes in class. anyone jump in there after being away from the gym too long and survive?
  • indrani1947
    indrani1947 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    go for it, I'm 60+ hadn't worked out for years apart from walking and home DVD's yoga (stretching) and a little pilates.
    I'm not as fast nor do I have all the moves but you do your own thing and build up to the music its great I feel energetic and I'm really getting toned. enjoy!!!!
  • serendip58
    serendip58 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    TOO FUNNY!!!!
    HA! I never heard of CRD, but it will be passed around now~
    :laugh:
  • librarygoddess2
    librarygoddess2 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I just started this. It's a great cardio workout. I've been to two classes. The first class I thought.. GOSH I CAN'T DO THIS WHAT WAS I THINKING! I honestly thought I was way more coordinated than that. However I did go back the second time and felt much more comfortable with the dances. I think it will be better each time so if you like to dance YES! but don't expect to be an expert right off the bat. Just tell yourself that you are getting a good workout and it doesn't matter what you look like.

:-)
    Cheers
  • librarygoddess2
    librarygoddess2 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to try it, it looks so fun but my fitness level is way low and I'm afraid I will only last two minutes in class. anyone jump in there after being away from the gym too long and survive?

yes you can do it! Just go as fast as you feel you can go and don't worry about keeping up. The rest of them will be at a different level than you for sure! I think the biggest mistake we make is going to a class and expecting to keep up. You'll just quit if you do that. Start at your own level. If you need a break take one and get back in there. After a few classes your breaks will become less and less. This rule applies to any fitness class you join. If you're in a good one with a good instructor and a good group they will encourage you to do this anyway!
  • Irie_chick67
    Options
    Look into the POLAR HRM watches or something similar. It tell you how many calories you've burned.
  • Jen2Bfit
    Jen2Bfit Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    :heart: I absolutely LOVE Zumba!!! :heart: I go to classes 3 times a week, and I just bought some of the DVDs for home on my off days or when the kiddos are home from school. It is such a great workout and burns off quite a few calories quickly! :happy:
  • gracienkaidens_momma
    Options
    I tried it on my Wii fit and fond it very fun but kind of hard at first to get the moves down.
  • Lozajayne21
    Lozajayne21 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    total love for me can't get enough :) 4 times a week i go and best thing i've ever done,
  • bodybizgal
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba. Great way to exercise. I have taught it for 5 years and can tell you the clients that do it love and keep up their exercise because it's so much fun.
  • loopybec2002
    loopybec2002 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I have been to the classes and it made me feel veryshy and i didn't work out to hard but then i brought the game for home and I now have a huge workout daily. For 45 mins I burn around 550 cals and I love it.I have two left feet but find that I am at home so no body watching and I can move how ever i like
  • sweetrice12
    sweetrice12 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    i love zumbaaa! :)
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I Love it and go at least four times per week (I would go more, but the gym where I work doesn't offer it any more than that)
  • AEB_WV
    AEB_WV Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I too suffer from CRD, as well as inability to 'booty pop' however love Zumba! I was very self-conscious at first but after a while I realize that no one is looking & just need to worry about having fun and getting a good workout, not doing every move perfectly in synch w/ the instructor. I'm still very much a back row Zumba-er tho...
  • MummyOfSeven
    MummyOfSeven Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I have been taking Zumba for about a month and it is soo much fun. I made my best friend go with me and we just laugh at each other and have a ball.

About three classes in I was standing next to my buddies waiting for the doors to open along with about 25 women. The crowd was extremely quiet right as I said "I do my best ya know, but my CRD really shows in this class" I felt several people glance at me and step away slightly.. as if CRD is contagious. My friends looks at me curiously and says "CRD??" Yes, I responded:
    "CAUCASIAN RHYTHM DISORDER". :laugh:

Yeah, I crack myself up.

I quite literally just gave that a round of applause. Hubby wants to know what's so funny :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Andrealeah32
    Options
    Zumba is AMAZING!! I just started myself and can honestly say I am addicted. I bought the Zumba 2 for Wii and get a kick outta dancing along with the game -- super fun for the family too!! I just ordered the DVDs to go along with my regular workouts. I live in a remote area and can't go to classes so this is perfect for me. It's amazing how many calories you can burn in such a short time!!! Don't worry about the moves -- you'll get them down eventually ....I'm still learning everyday!! It's just so fun to let go and move your body! The music is amazing too!!!

Have fun with it and keep us posted on you like it!!
  • MummyOfSeven
    MummyOfSeven Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Zumba is AMAZING!! I just started myself and can honestly say I am addicted. I bought the Zumba 2 for Wii and get a kick outta dancing along with the game -- super fun for the family too!! I just ordered the DVDs to go along with my regular workouts. I live in a remote area and can't go to classes so this is perfect for me. It's amazing how many calories you can burn in such a short time!!! Don't worry about the moves -- you'll get them down eventually ....I'm still learning everyday!! It's just so fun to let go and move your body! The music is amazing too!!!

Have fun with it and keep us posted on you like it!!

I just bought Zumba 2 for the Wii also. I can't use it yet as I'm still recovering from a nasty bout of bronchitis.
    Are the moves easy to pick up? I have a fair sense of rhythm (I think).
  • tabitha1189
    Options
    I bought zumba for the Wii and I love it. I bought it because is was something i could do at home and you can create your own playlist as well. :happy:
  • shelmac
    shelmac Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I recommend you go to a few different classes, to find the one that suits you best. I love it and burn even more calories from laughter when I mess up :laugh: