• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I always forget about this post. :tongue:

thanks for bumping.
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I just happened to find it in a search today and wanted to re-read everything. Definitely good motivation! Thanks for starting it in the first place!:flowerforyou:
  • doitforabby
    doitforabby Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    how do I 'save' this to read later? Hopefully by posting?
  • shannahrenee
    Options
    want to read later.
  • sissy56
    sissy56 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting and for bringing it up today. The "Why do you eat?" always applies to me, but is especially timely today. I just ate 2 tootsie pops (gross, I know) because:
    it's raining
    I'm cold and damp
    my job is extra annoying today (and whose isn't)
    At least I quit eating and started typing. Thanks MFPs
  • weebles
    weebles Posts: 50
    Options
    I KNEW there was a reason I found MFP! And thank goodness I did. I believe I truly would have already given up, had I not. But I can actually feel myself getting stronger in my decision making regarding my healthy lifestyle. I have read many, many posts on here and found many inspirational people who are devoted to helping all of us on our journey. I want to thank all of you. I need to read some of the other stickies and hopefully will be able to figure out the best plan for me.

Thank you guys soooooooooooooooooo much! :love:
  • mroper
    mroper Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Bump...bump...bump it up!
  • tech_sarah
    Options
    Just want to read it later... but one thing that I always ask people as a key factor when they ask about not eating a specific food group, pills, etc is "Is it something your gonna do for the rest of your life?"
    More likely than not, youre gonna eat carbs again, you will have another peice of cake in your life, you wont take pills every day for the rest of your life and you will not continue years from now only eating fruits and veggies as food. Be realistic!
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Thanks for bumping everyone!!! It would have been a shame to miss this awesome post :)
  • mroper
    Options
    Bibbity Bobbity BUMP! :flowerforyou:
  • ccfstore
    Options
    Thanks for the well written information based on your experience here on this app. I really needed to read it. Especially the part about no "cheat day". I totally agree it can get so frustrating working so hard one week to eat right and then blow it one day A(usually a huge cheat day). It is like I am sabatoging my own efforts when I do that. I am going to keep trying to "cheat" with a snack...part of a hershey bar, the top of a cupcake only...when I feel like I have to cheat and then not beat myself up. I would rather do that by adding an extra 100-200 calories that I can walk off that night, then take a whole day and say I'll make up for it next week and eat less.

Thanks,thx,thx!!
  • Rosebud1956
    Options
    Thank you for taking the time to explain all of that to me. Have a wonderful day.
  • mroper
    Options
    Bump it up a notch!!!:bigsmile:
  • sissy56
    sissy56 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have a question and you guys seem to know what you're talking about. Does "malted" as in "malted barley flour" in my generic Grape-Nuts mean added sugar?
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I have a question and you guys seem to know what you're talking about. Does "malted" as in "malted barley flour" in my generic Grape-Nuts mean added sugar?

I know it means letting the seed germinate, which releases natural sugars, but what that means, I'm not sure. You'd have to ask someone who is more of a grain expert to get a better answer.
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    Bumping to read later!
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I am not a grain expert, but "malting" or sprouting of grains is much healthier and less processed than any other grains. So, you are eating the grain in a more wholesome and natural form and allows the natural flavor to come out without adding sugar.
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options
    OMG I know...Boss is good technically & care so much for us all. But Keri is such an awesome writer....so smooth for the average Jane & John. I love her too:love:
  • wolt98
    wolt98 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    What an awesome post, THANKS so much to everybody with your tips I am learning so much here! SHBoss1673 you and many others here have so much insight that I knew but didn't follow, thanks for the reminders on this lifestyle change!
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    love your stuff - keep sending it out! i wish there was a way to 'subscribe'. :wink: