MFP = fitness website or dating website lol

Options

Replies

• WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    This question leads me to believe that I'm using this site all wrong.

Lol awesome.
  • jaxdiablo
    Options
    Here's my take on it... (and by stating this I apologize if I kill the thread for putting a long response lol). Most of us who are the plus size, plump, fluffy, and well insulated categories have probably spent most of our lives feeling insecure or insignificant as sexual objects. Here is an arena though where we are just as good as everyone else and find ourselves garnerning more and more attention as we change our bodies and make ourselves healthier. So in the course of that we will start to gravitate to people who are supportive of us and nice to us. Something we may not have had enough of or felt we may not be deserving of.

I'll be the first to admit that if I could actually find someone on here who had similar goals, interests, were mutually attractive to, and were either in a close proximity or willing to remedy that I'd probably jump on it. It would be nice to find someone who actually gave a damn about themselves and wanted to get in shape, or stay in shape depending at what stage of their journey they were on.

Sorry if I gave too much info, but this is at least my opinion and take on everything.
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Fitness I hope. I do have to say there is a lot of eye candy on here (MEN), but I have one of my own.
  • RahBuhBuh
    RahBuhBuh Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    My user name puts the kibosh on would-be flirters. I save my game for my hunky Viking. :wink: :love: :smokin:

It must be lunch time. At first I thought you wrote, "hungry Viking". I was thinking I would make my wife start calling me that. I'm not a Viking but Hungry + Viking just sounds uber manly.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Man, I'm still waiting for my guaranteed check for forwarding it onto 75 of my closest friends . . . it must be delayed because of my pop up blocker.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options

I'll be the first to admit that if I could actually find someone on here who had similar goals, interests, were mutually attractive to, and were either in a close proximity or willing to remedy that I'd probably jump on it. It would be nice to find someone who actually gave a damn about themselves and wanted to get in shape, or stay in shape depending at what stage of their journey they were on.

agreed!
  • WifeNMama
    Options
    sorry.... that was more info that needed here I suppose

Yes.

Ooh edited. Kandyjo did you get warned? :-P
  • Natalie49
    Natalie49 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    it's an everything website lol
    a date with one of my MFP's would be awesome tho haha
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Urm.... I hoping its NOT a dating website. I think my wife would really frown on me dating someone else, and by "frown on" I mean hit me in the" face with a car".

:laugh:
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Place to make friends with common interest. Flirtation and Dating may be the interest. Fitness is the one we all share.
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    Let's just put it this way...the F does NOT stand for fitness :bigsmile:

Giggity giggity .... :bigsmile:
  • Krull_the_WarriorKing
    Options
    I can't believe that people actually think this is a dating site. I am here to get fit and nothing else. Get a life people. Come on! The people that come to this site thinking they'll get laid are pathetic. I get so mad when I think about it. If any ladies also share my same feelings let's meet for dinner and discuss our mutual hatred of dating on this site. Must like long walks on the beach. Please PM me your views on PDA.
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    sorry.... that was more info that needed here I suppose

Damn. I always miss the good stuff!!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Honestly: fitness.

I haven't been hit on or really flirted with . . . I don't really count pm's that say "you're pretty." While they're appreciated I don't consider that flirting.
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    My user name puts the kibosh on would-be flirters. I save my game for my hunky Viking. :wink: :love: :smokin:

It must be lunch time. At first I thought you wrote, "hungry Viking". I was thinking I would make my wife start calling me that. I'm not a Viking but Hungry + Viking just sounds uber manly.

My ancestors were Vikings and I temporarily considered a name change to something including Viking.
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I can't believe that people actually think this is a dating site. I am here to get fit and nothing else. Get a life people. Come on! The people that come to this site thinking they'll get laid are pathetic. I get so mad when I think about it. If any ladies also share my same feelings let's meet for dinner and discuss our mutual hatred of dating on this site. Must like long walks on the beach.

I know a great joint that serves bacon 24/7
  • WifeNMama
    Options

Haha, love it. Although, I think Hunky + Viking is manly too. He looks like a mugger, gals I know were actually scared of him when they met him. He's the least angry person I know, but he's intimidating. :-)
    Go ahead and steal the nickname, I just don't want to hear about how well it goes over. :wink:
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    My GF would totally hit my face with the truck too. :huh:
  • bettertracie
    bettertracie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Urm.... I hoping its NOT a dating website. I think my wife would really frown on me dating someone else, and by "frown on" I mean hit me in the" face with a car".

LOL... Literally... In the FACE!!! That's a GOOD WOMAN!!!!! :-)
  • WifeNMama
    Options

My ancestors were Vikings and I temporarily considered a name change to something including Viking.

Or Sven or Olaf.