Over 100 lbs lost! Milestones galore! *With Pics*

Options
I have now lost 107 lbs, lost 35% of my original body weight, and hit ONEderland for the first time in about 12 years!
I am less than 2/3rds of the woman I used to be, and I am now 3/4ths of the way through my weight loss journey-- only 33 lbs away from my goal weight!

First, the pics, then the story

Before4.jpg
Before3.jpg
Before6.jpg

Septebmer 2011:
AkronMarathon1.jpg
November 2011:
101_3692.jpg
RecitalPosterFinal.jpg

Transformation:
Halloweens-1.jpg
FaceTransformation.jpg

My story:

I'm 5'10" and I tipped the scales at 305 lbs in Feb 2010 when I decided to give up fast food and pop for Lent. I quickly decided to take it further and wanted to get healthy because around that time my grandfather passed away (not from being unhealthy, but it was a wake up call for me that I was shaving years off of my life because I WAS unhealthy). Anyway, in about 5 months, I lost 43 lbs and was feeling great! I got a lot of compliments and thought I had a handle on the eating and had even exercised a little over the summer. But when school started up in the fall, I was completely caught off guard at how much harder grad school was than undergrad and I slipped into my old habits of stress eating fast food and desserts pretty much every day. I had also not gotten into a rhythm with the exercise and I thought it took too much time away from my homework, so that was one of the first things to go. Needless to say, I regained 10lbs I had lost and lost a lot of the confidence I had gained! So after the semester from hell, I rededicated myself to watching what I was eating and decided to get a trainer at the start of the new year (2011). Through the semester, I lost about 20 lbs with the trainer and watching what I was eating, but still hadn't really committed to any of it-- if I got stressed out, I was still slipping into bad habits-- until I found MFP and c25k! I started c25k in May and MFP June 1st and I honestly feel like a whole new person. I have run a 5K race, a 3.5mi leg of a marathon, and a 5 mile Turkey Trot race. Now I'm gearing up for my first half marathon in May! I've realized that instead of going to food to treat stress, I can exercise and feel SO MUCH BETTER! Even when I don't have the time to exercise like I want to (just finished my last semester of classes for grad school-- student teaching next semester), I make sure I stay under my calories and I've been able to stay on track.

Some of my advice: Get a digital food scale (cheap on amazon.com) and make sure you stick to serving sizes! For exercise, do what you like to do (or at least what you can make yourself get through) and get a heart rate monitor so you really know how many calories you're burning! This is always a hot-button topic, but I do eat my exercise calories so I'm netting at least about 1200 calories a day. I generally only eat at Subway or Panera if I'm out for meals when I would have just swung through a drive-thru for McDonalds or Taco Bell before- or even for a heart attack in a wrapper, the Baconator from Wendy's! I make sure to get as much fiber and protein in my diet as possible, but I'm not carbaphobic either. If I want pizza or a dessert, I count it in my diary and make sure I'm still under my daily budget for calories.

YOU, too, can make this a lifestyle and not just a diet! That's the only way it will work in the long run, anyway!

Replies

• sbeisel1
    sbeisel1 Posts: 181
    Options
    WOW!!! you should be proud, what a great transformation.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
  • MissMisery1313
    Options
    You are THE AWESOME!! Rock on, Megan!!! :drinker:
  • candicemaechling
    candicemaechling Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Way to go freakin amazing :)
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Congrats and thank you for sharing your story. Keep up the great work.
  • RahBuhBuh
    RahBuhBuh Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    FREAKING AMAZING! You have to be an inspiration to people!
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    wowsers you are a hottie!!! Inspiration!!!
  • btlewis
    Options
    You are such an inspiration and congratulations on your weight loss and hard work! You look fantastic! As a side note I am also 5'10" :)
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Wow, this is just amAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAzing.

High five to you! Seriously though...you have accomplished what SOOOOO many people have dreamed of accomplishing. 100+ lbs! that is so fantastic.

Such an inspiration!!!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    You look absoultely gorgeous. . Congratulations~!:bigsmile:
  • monalissanne
    monalissanne Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of you! I'm 5'10" too, so it's nice to hear a success story where I can relate to the numbers.
  • laneybird
    laneybird Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    You look so great!! Such an inspiration!
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Absolutely friggin fantastik!!! You look outstanding, congrats on your success!!! Heart attack in a wrapper... loved that!!!
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Beautiful!
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Great job sticking with it. You are truly an inspiration!!
  • CorinthiaB
    CorinthiaB Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats! You look good!
  • ladyprofaz
    Options
    Fantastic!!
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    You have done so well even with all the stress of school - you do look like a different person (and I am sure you feel like one as well!!)
  • groovybeenz
    groovybeenz Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing!!! Good luck on the rest of your journey.
  • tambamis
    tambamis Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Way to go! What an inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!