A Man's Guide To Pleasing A Woman At Christmas

Options
12346»

Replies

• firegirley
    firegirley Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Wow, a few of you young ladies actually got me to blush (thank you very much!). Glad to see so many of you got the point AND the intended humor. For those of you that missed the point, well, here's another way of looking at it.

Not too long ago I sat with my grandmother. The doctors had given her just a few more days with us. She asked me to open the drawer in her nightstand and give her a small box from it. She opened the box and asked me if I knew what it was. I told her it was the polished rock I bought her when I was 5 years old. She said it was the most valuable possession she owned because I had taken the only dollar I had, picked it out, walked up to the counter and purchased it. I then turned and gave it to her as a present. She told me she had kept it with her constantly and would hold it and think of me. She asked me to keep it now and think of her when I held it. She passed away 3 days later.

The rock now sits on my nightstand. When I think of her I place it in my hand and smile. It is the most valuable possession I own. I do not worry about it being stolen, someone dropping it, or even losing it in a fire. It has absolutely no value or meaning to anyone in the world but me.

We live in a society of materialism and narcissism. The point of the forum topic was to call out that we should all, at least one day out of the year, stop and think of others instead of ourselves. That regardless of our good deeds throughout the year there is always something extra each of us can do to show someone how much we care about them. And that we should probably start with the person closest to us since we frequently take them for granted.

You do not need to pick out something expensive or fancy. From the folks who have posted here it could be a tattoo, a chameleon, installing a ceiling fan or even a simple polished rock. The value of the gift comes down to the meaning of it to the recipient. All I am suggesting this holiday season is that you do something special for someone else and that you do it with meaning.

Merry Christmas

Wow, that stone story brought a tear to my eye. This is so me and so opposite of my grinch...er...husband. Its so nice to know that there are good men out there. Someone is very lucky!!
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Wow, a few of you young ladies actually got me to blush (thank you very much!). Glad to see so many of you got the point AND the intended humor. For those of you that missed the point, well, here's another way of looking at it.

Not too long ago I sat with my grandmother. The doctors had given her just a few more days with us. She asked me to open the drawer in her nightstand and give her a small box from it. She opened the box and asked me if I knew what it was. I told her it was the polished rock I bought her when I was 5 years old. She said it was the most valuable possession she owned because I had taken the only dollar I had, picked it out, walked up to the counter and purchased it. I then turned and gave it to her as a present. She told me she had kept it with her constantly and would hold it and think of me. She asked me to keep it now and think of her when I held it. She passed away 3 days later.

The rock now sits on my nightstand. When I think of her I place it in my hand and smile. It is the most valuable possession I own. I do not worry about it being stolen, someone dropping it, or even losing it in a fire. It has absolutely no value or meaning to anyone in the world but me.

We live in a society of materialism and narcissism. The point of the forum topic was to call out that we should all, at least one day out of the year, stop and think of others instead of ourselves. That regardless of our good deeds throughout the year there is always something extra each of us can do to show someone how much we care about them. And that we should probably start with the person closest to us since we frequently take them for granted.

You do not need to pick out something expensive or fancy. From the folks who have posted here it could be a tattoo, a chameleon, installing a ceiling fan or even a simple polished rock. The value of the gift comes down to the meaning of it to the recipient. All I am suggesting this holiday season is that you do something special for someone else and that you do it with meaning.

Merry Christmas

Wow, that stone story brought a tear to my eye. This is so me and so opposite of my grinch...er...husband. Its so nice to know that there are good men out there. Someone is very lucky!!
    Does he know you talk about him that way?
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I solved this problem long ago.
    After 28 years of marriage, she gets ZILTCH!
    Nothing.
    And same goes with me.
    Anything we really want, we already have, and gifts from others are never what we need or desire, and it's always a disappointment.

We just decided not to play that game with each other.
    We get the kids things and send cards to friends, cookies to the church, and that's it.

amen brother...with you 100% on this
  • Fit4Kateri
    Fit4Kateri Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Great post! I sent it to my ex husband...lol
  • evergreen5
    evergreen5 Posts: 32 Member
    Options

Merry Christmas

I totally agree with you. Some people (not everyone) tend to take their SO for granted. What I got from your first post is this: really take a look at your SO and see what they want, not what you think they want.
    Thanks for a great post. I guess I better not get my husband tools again. :smile:
  • lemonychick
    lemonychick Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm going to leave my laptop open on this page, so that hopefully Hubs will take a glance.....

You are spot on my friend, spot on!
  • MegSommer
    MegSommer Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    This is awesome!!!! lol And completely true. :o)
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    bump for future reading
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options

Merry Christmas

Haha - this time of year, I mostly call my husband Scrooge. This is the first year in fourteen that he's actually been willing to help me with the shopping - and I think he's having fun, though I don't know if he'll admit it.
  • niknak2308
    niknak2308 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    brilliant :drinker:
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    YOU my friend are amazing and I just fell in love !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW listen men I dont care how much your partner say OOOH DONT GET ME ANYTHING...what shes really saying is..You dont have to get me anything Im used to but DAMN a surprise gift now and then would help me to know you are thinking about me and Im special ! SO please surprise her once in a while !!
  • seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I was hoping this was satire. Sadly, I was wrong.