Is it just me or is cottage cheese nasty

Options

Replies

• SHERRYBERRY11
    SHERRYBERRY11 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I thought it was just me!!! Im always the one who tries and likes everything, but I cannnot get on board with the cottage cheese...sorry!!!! Its the one and only thing Ive tried and didnt like, other than most seafood!!!!
  • aclark6818
    aclark6818 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!!! Some people LOVE it!!! Just looking at it actually makes my stomach hurt!
    :flowerforyou:
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    WARNING: cottage cheese causes obesity!

My objective, personal observation is that only fat people eat this stuff.
    You never see skinny people ordering cottage cheese.
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I do love cottage cheese with pineapple, is tres incredible like

But like all things in life some like it and some don't
  • Bee_B
    Bee_B Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I don't like it either!! But the rest of my family loves it - they will eat it straight out of the container. Yuck! I too tried to mix some with fruit and I brought it to school for lunch. My friends kept laughing at me because I was making disgusted faces every time I took a bite.... Now the only way I will eat it is if it is completely mixed into something.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    I like it with pineapple in it. I could eat it plain too. But there's definitely a difference in taste between 1%-2% and fat free. Don't like the fat free.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

agreed. the 2% tastes best.
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Mmm...I love cottage cheese- plain, with fruit, applesauce, on salad...I'll eat it pretty much anyway :smile:
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    It's just you.
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I hate cottage cheese with STUFF in it. I like just plain on toast...

People eat it mixed with fruit or spices and I think it's gross like that.

I only eat the 4%...anything other than that is gross.
  • kimberly702
    kimberly702 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I LOOOOOVE cottage cheese with flavored Triscuits. But like someone said before, the brand is EVERYTHING! I had tried a 100 calorie pack, I think it was Brickstone or something like that and it was NASTY! I get my store brand (Kroger) or Highland.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    urgh hate it!!!!
  • LovelyMumOf2
    Options
    I used to love cottage cheese (regular never tried the cinnamon apple? sounds gross) but lately i just cant do it any more. tastes horrible.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    pineapple in cottage cheese, yup! Delish!:tongue:

in salads, protein shakes... plain.. yes, it's just you!:tongue::wink:

I buy the sodium free because YES it's high in sodium (if you get the full sodium) but the protein count is awesome!

I also find it definitely depends on the brand you buy, some of the brands are yuck, others are delish!
  • chefchazz
    Options
    it grew on me over the years. i like it w/ cracked black pepper and wasa. ill have it on salads too.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    You people are nuts O.O

I think I could LIVE on cottage cheese (Plain, and 4% ONLY). Maybe with a little fresh cracked pepper... :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Keep in mind, the brand of cottage cheese you buy makes a HUGE difference - its hard to believe they're the same food if you try different brands side by side. For some reason, the only good kind is Deans. :ohwell:

I agree, I LOVE it! :love:
    I like Organic Valley's 4% fat. If it's under 4% fat I don't care for the texture. Too chalky and dry.
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Its disgusting. I can't even eat it. I tried one time and couldn't stop gagging on the stuff. Even with fruit its awful. I don't understand how people can eat it....
  • Momwasix
    Momwasix Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    oh honey let me tell yo how i love greek yogurt i think i would marry the person who created such a great thing it so thick and creamy and good let me stop being fresh lol:love:
  • LethaSue
    LethaSue Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese is always better with salt and pepper on it, and the lower the fat the less good it is. Get the 4 % fat on and its alot creamier and it might add an additional 20 to 40 calories but so much better tasting. I also find I don't enjoy eatting it by itself. Better with fruit, pineapple or tomatoes. I also like to add it to shredded cabbage and add some dill weed and lemon juice to make a really good creamy cole slaw. It is tart but I like it tart. If you like it sweet, you could add a packet of equal. I don't think you can judge cottage cheese on a fair basis if you got the super low fat one. I like cottage cheese and find that one inediable.
  • p0stdramatic
    Options
    I like cottage cheese on my salad and with Doritos. I know the second one is a little weird but its good. I have never had it with anything sweet though.

Me too, to both! I've never heard of anyone else eating cottage cheese with Doritos before. We all eat it on salad. It also helps stretch the salad dressing.
  • insyweensy
    insyweensy Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    WARNING: cottage cheese causes obesity!

My objective, personal observation is that only fat people eat this stuff.
    You never see skinny people ordering cottage cheese.

I eat cottage cheese all the time, and I'm definitely not obese! Everything in moderation. ;)