Is it just me or is cottage cheese nasty

Options

Replies

• charm_quark
    charm_quark Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I find it delicious! I eat tons of it!!!
    In my salads, in a toast instead of other cheese, plain... but NOT as a sweet with fruits.
    I have tried lot of brands but I only like a particular one.
  • kassandra81
    Options
    Just you! I LOVE cottage cheese, always have. I remember when I was little and my mom would be making lasagna she would always have me a few bites to eat. Mmmmmm cottage cheese!
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I definitely do not like cottage cheese. I agree, it is nasty.

I do have a question though... why is everyone so obsessed with Greek Yogurt? I have never tried it myself, but it seems lie no one uses regular yogurt on here... ever. Is it better for you or something?

I just ate some blueberry yoplait if it makes you feel better. I'd like to tell myself it was better than the snickers bar alternative.
  • johnlewismodel
    Options
    Its good for you.
    After doing weights have at night to keep a coninious supply of slow release protein.
    You can make it better by adding fruit.

Its funny i used to hate this stuff but like it alot now. Same with beetroot too.
    But I do hate fish like the plague!!!!

Eat fresh, do your own fitness whatever it may be and be good to each other
  • eddyca
    eddyca Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I used to think it was nasty too until I tried it with canned pineapple chucks. It takes time to get used to the texture for sure though.
    I freakin' love it now! I eat the fat-free version everyday.
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese is like a blank sheet of canvas...It's all what you make out if it!

You can substitute it for ricotta and make lasagna, throw in fruit and protein powder to make a parfait, even throw it over warm noodles for a quick snack.

That stuff is a staple in my diet, not a day goes by where I don't implement it somewhere.
  • TaraFTMVA
    TaraFTMVA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I like it with strawberries and green grapes the best! I don't love it, but I don't hate it, I enjoy eating it with the right mix and I love it in lasagna along with ricotta. I haven't tried too many variations, but I just got onto it when my bf made me breakfast and put some on my plate a little over a year ago, it took some time, but we eat it on occasion with a big breakfast.
  • swimforever
    Options
    I love cottage cheese so much! It's my favourite! I also like greek yogurt and strawberry flavoured yogurt too. But cottage cheese is seriously delicious.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I dislike regular cottage cheese, but I LOVE small curd. Especially with a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar on top.
  • Moonbyebye
    Moonbyebye Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan! I love cheese too. I just don't like the consistency or texture of it. Grosses me out.
  • nurse_christieyne
    Options
    I like plain cottage cheese, but I add pepper to it... Yummy!!
  • carmenstop1
    carmenstop1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese, but certain brands are just nasty, so before you swear to never try it again, try another brand. I live in Canada and I only eat the Dairyland brand, I find any store brand or no name brand disgusting!
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    It's gotta be you ... and the others who say it's nasty, cause I LOVE the stuff. Actually, I rarely buy it because I can eat a whole container in one setting.

I like it alone. I like it with fruit. I like it on top of salads. I just like the stuff!!

What they said, when I do buy it I ration it into servings to keep myself from over doing it.
  • lovefunmotion
    Options
    It's disgusting. It's like eating barf.
    I do have a question though... why is everyone so obsessed with Greek Yogurt? I have never tried it myself, but it seems lie no one uses regular yogurt on here... ever. Is it better for you or something?

Most Greek yogurt has double the protein of regular yogurt. For me it just seems like a waste to get the regular kind now.
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I dont like it at all..... I love greek yogurt though. I dont buy the regular yogurt at all anymore.
  • LethaSue
    LethaSue Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I never tryed that but sounds so tempting. Sure do not want a whole bag of doritos around here though.
  • KokomoJoe
    Options
    I have learned to like greek yogurt although I can't stand the regular stuff. I am trying cottage cheese. I found I could tolerate it if I mixed it with almond butter. I then put it on a toasted whole wheat english muffin and cut some banana on top. I think quickly it will fall off my menu.
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    mmmmm cottage cheese - love it with brocolli - they go so well especially with a corn on the cob on the side - yum :) - but don't ask me to eat celery bleurgh hehehe
  • StrengthIsBeautiful
    Options
    I enjoy it,, and the truth is it's all in the brand. For me, it has to be small curd. I once loved Kroger brand small curd fat free, but they changed something and now it's just yuck! Breakstone's Lowfat is O.K., but I won't pay that price for it. I finally found one I love- Coburn Farms 2% Small Curd sold at Save-A-Lot. It's only $2.49 for 24 ounces. I think it's really good.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese, pickles, and liver are the triumvirate of gross. I should put all three on a plate and take a picture. Would keep me off my food for days.