Is it just me or is cottage cheese nasty

Options

Replies

• tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I like cottage cheese on my salad and with Doritos. I know the second one is a little weird but its good. I have never had it with anything sweet though.

I can't imagine it with anything sweet, either. I also can't stand the sour taste of Trader Joe's nonfat cottage cheese. I've found every other brand great!

I'd give it one more shot-- if you went with 2%, try nonfat. Add in some chopped tomatoes.

If you don't like it, no big deal! There are a lot of ways to enjoy dairy. :)
  • LynnieSkinny
    Options
    I personally love it! My fave is cottage cheese (large curd) with pepper and sliced pears with a little of the pear juice. Yumm!
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    WARNING: cottage cheese causes obesity!

My objective, personal observation is that only fat people eat this stuff.
    You never see skinny people ordering cottage cheese.

I eat cottage cheese all the time, and I'm definitely not obese! Everything in moderation. ;)

Yeah, that is a really incorrect generalization to make.
  • Momwasix
    Momwasix Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    the brand i ry was brickstone i believe it was the 100 calorie with apples and cinnamon and i though oh it going to be good and then when i taste it i was like hell nah and i try three bites before i give up and i said i gve up :sad:
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I"m not a huge fan of it, but I love it with light garden vegetable cream cheese! All I end up being able to taste is the cream cheese. I put those two things on melba toast together. My fave snack. :love:
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Never been a cottage cheese fan unless it's mixed into jello or something, or with a ton of sugar on it, which kind of defeats the purpose
  • Kamalka
    Kamalka Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    WARNING: cottage cheese causes obesity!

My objective, personal observation is that only fat people eat this stuff.
    You never see skinny people ordering cottage cheese.

My wife is skiny (I mean I know all her bones and she would fall into unconsciousess if she would jump a meal) but loves this nasty stuff (understand by this that I hate the taste of this sh**** :wink: ).

On the other hand, this is too fat for me.
    By the way, I look for some cheese having less fat (I am on Gouda)...or what else could I put on my bread in the morning with no fat?

Thank you and sorry for changing subject
  • Momwasix
    Momwasix Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    i'M GOING TO TRY4% FAT ONE AND SEE IF IT LIKE IT IM GOING TO PUT SOME WITH PEPPER AND SOME WITH FRUIT IN IT AND SEE AND IF IM WRONG ILL LET YOU KNOW BUT IF IM RIGHT EITHER WAY IM GOING TO LET YALL KNOW
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese. I eat it plain. Brand does make a difference - in Australia, Dairy Farmers make a really nice high protein, low moisture low fat variety which I eat a lot of.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    oh honey let me tell yo how i love greek yogurt i think i would marry the person who created such a great thing it so thick and creamy and good let me stop being fresh lol:love:

Yes. . love my greek yogurt. . . :heart:
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese has to be very fresh and not full of artificial ingredients for me to eat it. I can eat Breakstone low fat or fat free right out of the container, but the stuff they serve in salad bars -- yecchh.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    For some reasons I have a love/hate relationship with it. Sometimes the texture totally gets to me and I can't even stand to have it in my mouth..but other times I could eat a whole container of straight cottage cheese...
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I personally find it nasty... and my mother loves it.

If you can't eat it.. then don't! Try Greek Yogurt.. I find that a lot better then cottage cheese.
    I am the opposite. I love cottage cheese. I've heard great things about greek yogurt, so I tried it and hated it. I don't like regular yogurt and greek was even worse to me.
  • beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I think it's horrible! It's totally a texture thing for me, and a spoiled milk looking product does not appeal to me. However, my boyfriend loves the stuff. He almost ate it with steak the other night..I almost gagged :/
  • courtneyt77
    courtneyt77 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Cottage Cheese. Pineapple with a packet of Equal. Awesome. Greek yogurt is reallllly good too. It took some getting used to. However I have swapped Greek Yogurt with Sour Cream and you can't tell the difference.
  • MrsObundles
    MrsObundles Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I looove cottage cheese! Try it with some fresh blueberries and sunflower seeds.
  • DesertSunsetRain
    Options
    I definitely do not like cottage cheese. I agree, it is nasty.

I do have a question though... why is everyone so obsessed with Greek Yogurt? I have never tried it myself, but it seems lie no one uses regular yogurt on here... ever. Is it better for you or something?
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    You don't say that!

Anyway, I like cottage cheese either plain or with a bit of fruit. My roommate, however can't stand it. So obviously it comes down to what you like, if you don't like it don't eat it.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    I don't like cottage cheese with sweet stuff AT ALL.

I do like cottage cheese (Friendship, 4%) with salsa or italian seasoning & cracked pepper, though. I'm eating some as I type this.
  • khotch1
    khotch1 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    NASTY!!! Taste and texture. There are so many good things for you and cottage cheese can be kicked to the curb!