OMG, I talked to JILLIAN MICHAELS

Options
13»

Replies

• 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    hahah Dave, what do you mean?

I rarely watch the show. What has she done with her eyebrows? I'm really curious because I have a slight obsession with eyebrows.
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    yes and quite often actually...I said she was hot..and it was a question

sorry, Judge that you dont like me.

I just wanted to say that I like your bike. I used to have one...but now that I'm divorcing, it has to be sold. :frown:
  • altazin0907
    altazin0907 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    i am going to listen when I get home:flowerforyou:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

I just wanted to say that I like your bike. I used to have one...but now that I'm divorcing, it has to be sold. :frown:

bummer about your bike and all that other stuff....anyone ever tell you, you look like Juliette Binoche? that is a good thing:flowerforyou:
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

I rarely watch the show. What has she done with her eyebrows? I'm really curious because I have a slight obsession with eyebrows.

I love the natural full eyebrow look and the minimal or no makeup look....I really dont know if she shapes them like they are or they are natural but it seems like they were shaped into a permanent kind of astonishment expression....not a bad thing, that was misinterpreted by my Judge, was just wondering
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Way Cool!!!:glasses: She's my idol! I try to channel her in my head when I feel like I'm not pushing hard enough! Plus, I want my body to look like hers! :bigsmile: Where do you listen to her? Can you stream her broadcasts?
  • 1Corinthians13
    Options

bummer about your bike and all that other stuff....anyone ever tell you, you look like Juliette Binoche? that is a good thing:flowerforyou:

No...but I'm gonna have to look her up to see who she is! And thanks! haha
  • 1Corinthians13
    Options

Okay, she's beautiful, but she's quite a bit older than me, so you better not be saying I look older than I am!!! :tongue:
  • beagle595
    Options
    what is up...literally.with her eye brows? I dont get it....did she do that on purpose or what? dont get me wrong...she is smokin hot, but I dont get it
    My husband said the same thing about the brows :laugh: ... I said "Hell I take those brows if it came with the Bod!" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: She's beautiful and she has come a long way being overweight before ...and now a famous fitness trainer. She's awesome! (I wish someone would open some kind of affortable weekend weight loss retreat in the area... I'd go... be a great boost!)
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

Okay, she's beautiful, but she's quite a bit older than me, so you better not be saying I look older than I am!!! :tongue:

I forgot to say the young version of Ms. Binoche! HA actually I was thinking of an old movie she was in....cant remember which ine...she is also a great actor
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Haha, for those a wee bit confused about my blazed night--

Around 2am, some friends went "Heeey, let's go to a diner!" We went, and smoked pot on the way over, because we are silly college kids and it's decriminalized in SF.

BTW, you know that thing about pot and the munchies? Pshaw! I had one plain pancake and an order of Eggbeaters and felt fine. I've NEVER done a stoner's binge. Self control!

Anyway, we got back to campus around 3:30am and went to bed. I woke up around 8:45ish and thought to myself "Hmm...I'll call Jillian!" I wasn't still high, but I jokingly said earlier that I must've had some fumes still swirling in my brain, because that was literally my thought process.

And it's kind of funny--I've been trying to up my calories, and after eating that pancake and eggbeaters in the middle of the night, I woke up starving for breakfast. Good kind of starving!

Go Banks! Feel the vindication wash over you!

The gym times Jillian mentioned included cardio and weights. I'm pretty sure the 8 hour cap is because of her earlier comment about the body needing to be tricked. It must think things are almost normal so that it won't flip out and refuse to shed the weight. And since it's the "homestretch" to maintenance, I see why it should more realistically mirror everyday life.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    The 8 hour rule is probably to prevent over production of cortisol, which is a hormone released in high-stress situations that breaks down, among many things, muscle mass. Less muscle mass means your metabolism drops further than it would with a deficit alone and then it's reallllly hard to lose anything. The 2k cals a day has been working great for me so far.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Wow, how exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    The 8 hour rule is probably to prevent over production of cortisol, which is a hormone released in high-stress situations that breaks down, among many things, muscle mass. Less muscle mass means your metabolism drops further than it would with a deficit alone and then it's reallllly hard to lose anything. The 2k cals a day has been working great for me so far.
    Thanks SBS for explaining how that works:wink::happy:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

I love the natural full eyebrow look and the minimal or no makeup look....I really dont know if she shapes them like they are or they are natural but it seems like they were shaped into a permanent kind of astonishment expression....not a bad thing, that was misinterpreted by my Judge, was just wondering
    No they are natural...I saw a cute pic of her when she was young and she felt she was overweight, same eyebrows in all her pics. I think it gives her the unique look she has...she's not just another pretty face, she's JILLIAN, butt kickin chick out to get the world more health conscience:bigsmile: :drinker: :tongue:

FC:heart:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    And the funny thing is, I kind of have to hide most of this stuff at home. Cuz my wife (ack, don't let her hear me say this) has been doing this stuff for about 20 years, has accumulated a TON of knowledge (where I got a lot of my base), and we are both pretty strong personalities. So in her mind, I'm the newbie, and when I mention anything regarding nutrition or exercise, it can get dicey. Kind of like a student trying to explain to a teacher how to do a problem. I'm not saying I have surpassed her knowledge, but I will say that there are areas that I have delved more into the clinical research area then she has, so I have more empirical evidence then she does. I don't know if you guys can imagine what that's like, but it's awkward, I think that's one of the reasons I like to post info on here so much, I get all this knowledge, and normally I would share and discuss with the wife, but this topic... well... that can get a little weird. Plus her best friend is a Personal Trainer, and a former competitive body builder, so she kind of doesn't like to be "told" anything (it's not as bad as all that, we work out together and I take her body pump class sometimes, but it still get's a little touchy about once a month). I dunno, maybe I need to go back to my therapist:tongue:
    No I can relate to what you're saying...so spill it all here then! We love it:wink::flowerforyou:

FC:heart:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    :drinker:
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Hi

Cooooooooool

I just have a question about why u shouldn't work out more than 8 hrs a week?
    I'm not a huge fan but remember catching Gwyneth on Oprah and I thought she said she worked out 1.5-2 hrs per day (one day a week for rest)
    If you are working out smart and eating enough...is more than 8 hrs really terrible?
    I walk (on the treadmill at an average of 4.0) and do yoga and usually aim for working out 1.5 hrs per day.....sometimes I only walk 30min other days 60min and finish off with yoga/stretching...

Kim

It depends on where you are, and what your goals are. No it's not bad if you work out more because you've got more to lose... but sometimes, when your body hits a plateau, especially with those last 15 pounds your body wants to hold on to, you need to reset it. In her case, she had been undereating so her metabolism was off...
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Hi

Cooooooooool

I just have a question about why u shouldn't work out more than 8 hrs a week?
    I'm not a huge fan but remember catching Gwyneth on Oprah and I thought she said she worked out 1.5-2 hrs per day (one day a week for rest)
    If you are working out smart and eating enough...is more than 8 hrs really terrible?
    I walk (on the treadmill at an average of 4.0) and do yoga and usually aim for working out 1.5 hrs per day.....sometimes I only walk 30min other days 60min and finish off with yoga/stretching...

Kim

It depends on where you are, and what your goals are. No it's not bad if you work out more because you've got more to lose... but sometimes, when your body hits a plateau, especially with those last 15 pounds your body wants to hold on to, you need to reset it. In her case, she had been undereating so her metabolism was off...
    Thanks, I appreciate the explanation:flowerforyou:
  • Jennnnnnnny
    Jennnnnnnny Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    that so sweet! i would love to work out with her for like a month. she would kick my butt into shape!!