jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Lemon Chicken & Mushrooms

1 pack fresh baby bella mushrooms or similar
    2 chicken breasts
    lemon juice
    lemon pepper seasoning
    Cooking spray

De-cap the mushrooms and reserve the stems. Spray the baking pan and place cleaned mushroom caps upside down in the baking pan. Drizzle with lemon juice. Sprinkle both sides of chicken breast with lemon pepper, then sear in a skillet to seal in the lemon pepper-about 30 seconds per side. Place chicken breasts on top of mushrooms and drizzle with lemon juice. Bake at 350 until done. These always come out super juicy!

I like to then chop up the mushroom stems and use them in stuffing OR in the breading for my "Oven-Fried Chicken."

Oven Fried Chicken

Chicken breasts
    Spices to taste-lemon pepper, garlic, ginger, cayenne (red) pepper
    1 cup corn flakes or special K cereal
    Honey dijon salad dressing

Place the cereal in a zipper bag and use a mallet or rolling pin to crush to bread crumb consistency. Add spices to the mix to taste-I use about 1/2 tsp red pepper and a full tsp of the rest. (If you have leftover mushroom stems, chop them fine and add here.) Shake the bag to mix up. Baste each chicken breast with salad dressing, then shake in the spice bag until well covered. Spray a baking dish and lay the breaded chicken breasts in it. Bake at 350 until done.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • midnight333
    Options
    Lots of cool ideas.
  • sapl31
    sapl31 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dayaisy
    dayaisy Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have done the same but it is even better with feta cheese....
  • MissB0949
    MissB0949 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Great ideas
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites that I kind of threw together one day ;)

Stuffed chicken breast

6 chicken breasts
    mrs dash seasoning

Stuffing:
    30g light feta - crumbled
    6 sun-dried tomatoes - chopped fine
    1/4 cup red pepper- chopped fine
    1/2 tsp thyme
    1/4 tsp dry garlic
    1/4 cup italian bread crumbs

Mix stuffing ingredients together.

Slit the length of 6 boneless chicken breasts along the long edge, but don't cut all the way through

Lay flat and lightly pound between two sheets wax paper or a ziploc bag.

Place two - three heaping tbsps of stuffing in the middle of the flattened chicken and bring up the ends like a hard shell taco, pinning the top closed with a couple toothpicks, or you can roll the chicken closed if it is big enough.

coat the outside with Mrs Dash and a pinch of salt and pepper

wrap each piece of chicken in foil and bake about 45 mins. I usually open the foil for the last 10 mins of baking to brown it a bit
  • blessed0910
    Options
    I have a great one but not with me. So I am bumping this for later. The one I use has corn flakes crushed, and it about 120 per 4 ozs of skinless boneless chicken breast.
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Bump!!!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Put some pesto onto the chicken breast, cover and bake, or you can cut a slit and put it inside either way works.

Cut slits on the chicken and place half slices of lemon in the slits, sprinkle with erbs you like (i do rosemary or mixed herbs and garlic) and bake.

Either make or buy a jar of tomato pasta sauce, pur over chicken ( i usually do some veg too like peppers, courgettes etc) and bake.

Hope this helps!

I am definitely trying the lemon slices! LOVE lemon and chicken!
  • alr311
    alr311 Posts: 11
    Options
    bump for later!
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I love stuffing chicken breasts! Sometimes I stuff them with spinach, tomatoes, feta.... sometimes I use tomatoes, reduced fat shredded cheddar, and just like 1 slice of bacon crumbled... I also use the Weber Just Add Juice marinades, and those are AMAZING!! Or I like breading them in whole wheat italian breadcrumbs or panko. We eat a ton of chicken, so I'm always finding new ways to try it out. I recently stuffed it with reduced fat ricotta, tomatoes, parmesan, and spinach..that was yummy too!
  • lnd2011
    lnd2011 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for some delicious baked chicken breast recipes. Any ideas? :)

The most important part of cooking chicken is making sure it's not over done.
    I take my chicken breasts, cut them into three even pieces at a diagonal cut.

I cook it at a pre-heats 375 for about 18 minutes. Of course longer/smaller given your piece of chicken,
    but small/medium evenly thick pieces cook way better. Sometimes it takes longer.. but when baking chicken, it's always at 375.
    My mom taught me "at 350 til it's done" gah.... I'm glad I found out it was wrong! The husband tolerates chicken a little more now.

Some small thing breasts, dip then coat them in seasoned bread crumbs. quick brown them in a sautee pan and then finish baking them in the over. Top with marinara sauce and cheese for a nice italian dish.

I like marinating or heavily season them and then bake them. I'm not much of a casserole person and I don't like my chicken drowning. long-term marinading is the key.
  • majikmiker
    majikmiker Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Bumpers!
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I take Perdue Perfection Portions Chicken Breasts marinate it in Lawrys Buffalo BBQ Sauce overnight or longer, poke holes in chicken with fork to help flavor get in. Normally I marinate the chicken for a full 24 hours.

When ready to cook dip the chicken in a mixture of a very small amount of light butter (like less then a tablespoon) mixed with a little mustard, if you don't like that idea just use the standard egg, I'm just obsessed w/ eggs and don't like to waste them and i like the mustard/butter mixture flavor better...anyway after you coat it in your choose of egg or the butter/mustard mixture dip it in a shallow bowl of panko bread crumbs mixed with kickin' chicken seasoning, if you don't have that then cajun seasoning or red pepper flakes will work and maybe even chilli powder.
    then bake in the oven at I believe 375 (it's escaping me now but it's on the bag) for about 15-20 minutes but vary the time according to size of the breasts overcooked chicken is the worst. it's pretty easy to tell if chicken is done just by touching it. This is probably a poorly explained recipe but it's really good and it takes like 10 minutes at the most to prepare

I cook for myself only so you'd have to adjust quantities and stuff which is why I didn't include them but the recipe is so simple it would be super easy for you to figure out how much of each ingredient you need. if you like spicy i suggest adding a lot of kickin chicken or your spice of choice to the bread crumbs!
    ressing, just switch out the hot spices for italian spices and some garlic in the panko

PS- Now that I think of it the bread crumbs often stick just from the marinade alone so there is no need to add anything extra to make it stick but if you have a hard time use of of the above mentioned options! You can also use Italian Dressing as your marinade and mix your bread crumbs with garlic and italian seasoning.
    One breast is less then 250 calories and about 32 grams of protein.
  • yessicasue
    yessicasue Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Top a chicken breast with a few slices of fat free ham, a pineapple ring, and a slice of low-fat provalone. Bake at 350 for about 25 min. Cover with foil if the cheese starts to brown too much.
  • CINDYRN33
    CINDYRN33 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    sprinkle each breast with dry ranch dressing (about 2_-3 tsp for each breast) cut up 1/2 potato per chicken breast you have (peeled or unpeeled your choice) put a serving of potato on piece of tin foil sprayed with pam then top with 1 chicken breast place 1 tbsp reduced fat butter on top and close up the foil. repeat for each chicken breast you have. place in cake pan(the foil packages sometimes leak) and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.