How many calories does everyone eat a day?

Options

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Easy way to make it to 1200 lbs is a banana and PB. banana = 100 calories, 2 tbsp pb = 190-210. ta-da. it's not hard. sneak it in as a snack between breakfast and lunch, before a workout, whenever.

My base is 1370 and I try to eat most of my exercise calories. Today I'm at almost to a net of 1200. Total is 1604, but I worked out and had to subtract calories for work.
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I am on medication

Not judging but giving you personal experience:

Don't know what kind of meds, but if it is diet meds (like phentermine)- save yourself some heartache and get off. I got desparate once and took it for 2 months. Lost TONS of weight, but I believe it ate holes in all of my muscle. I was never a flabby person, but after the rebound gain, I developed a "gut." NOT cute.

If you're on stimulant based meds for any behavioral health reasons (for ex. Ritalin), you should really find a way to get calories in. I am a PROFESSIONAL EATER and believe there is always a way to add calories to your diet. 1 cup frozen banana slices, 1.5 culps skim milk, 2 scoops chocolate protein power= high calorie meal that tastes like a milkshake. I ate 750 cals at breakfast one day. Not that I should have, but I ate 3500 calories yesterday without breaking a sweat. It was my "day off."

To answer your original question, my base calorie goal is 1770. If I exercise and earn more calories, I eat them too. I jokingly tell my pals that I will eat any calories they don't want to use as well.

By no means am I a preacher or believer of you "have to" do anything, but I think you *should* eat more. It's not hard. Eat a burger, a candybar- hell, eat 5 candybars!

Hope things work out for you!
  • vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    1600-1800/day is what I try for, but I'm very busy so sometimes I don't get to eat.
  • lexiwho
    lexiwho Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I am on medication that makes it hard for me to even eat 900 calories a day.
    Im 268 pounds so I dont think i need as much, i also dont do very much activity wise.

Actually, due to weighing more your body requires more calories to fuel itself. You should set up your profile and it will tell you your ideal range for your goals. I started at 280 and I believe the site gave me around 1,500 - 1,700 calories, somewhere in there. It will vary depending on your selections.

Right now, I average 1,280 - 1,380 NET calories, meaning I eat a base of 1,280 calories plus whatever exercise calories I earn for the day.
  • asb0009
    Options
    i eat about 1300 a day when i excersize. if i excersize, i eaT LESS TO LOOSE MORE. It works for me. Plus i chase a two year old around all day.
  • klmnumbers
    klmnumbers Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    1200-1500 calories depending on the day and what I feel like eating. =)
  • nicksaysnever
    Options
    Between 1300 and 1700 depending on how hard I exercise that day.
  • itsjen516
    Options
    These days like 1000 or less :-/ I'm scared of food it sucks :(
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    1800-2100
    depending on whether i exercise or not
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    2500 on non-exercise days and 3000-3500 on days I workout.
  • AliciaV30
    AliciaV30 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    X + 1200 where X equals however many I burned off exercising that day. (Give or take an oopsie day here and there!)

I do the same
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I'm following the Flat Belly Diet guidelines, 1600 a day. If I bun 1000 or more cals in a day (usually if I do 3 workouts) I'll add in a 200 cal protein shake or 140 cal recovery drink.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Lately like 2000. It's like some demon is taking over my body. Before I was doing good at 1400ish and WAM...
  • justanotherbrickinthewall
    Options
    It depends on the day for me. I usually eat between 600-900 calories. Today, I ate more food than usual and ate 1180.
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    I only ate 1217cals today, was feeling sick this morning.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    i eat about 1300 a day when i excersize. if i excersize, i eaT LESS TO LOOSE MORE. It works for me. Plus i chase a two year old around all day.

Lose*
    Exercise*

Eating less to lose more doesn't look good in the long run. Will be losing more muscle then you need to.

I eat about 1500 minimum a day.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    It depends on the day for me. I usually eat between 600-900 calories. Today, I ate more food than usual and ate 1180.

Also please do not do the above ^^ this is not healthy
  • justanotherbrickinthewall
    Options

Also please do not do the above ^^ this is not healthy

The reason I eat so little is because of my ednos.
  • zendarah
    zendarah Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I generally eat 800-1000, sometimes more when i feel extra naughty :)
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    1760 :smile:

EDIT: Ok, not exactly....between 1600 and 1800, on a normal day. Weekends are rough....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!