How many calories does everyone eat a day?

Options

Replies

• engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    It depends on the day for me. I usually eat between 600-900 calories. Today, I ate more food than usual and ate 1180.

Also please do not do the above ^^ this is not healthy

QFT
  • georgia98_98
    georgia98_98 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I am 5 7 249lbs. & wanting to lose 1.5 to 2lbs a week I eat AROUND 1390cal aday!
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    2500-3000 I figure.

2000 when I'm tryin to lose.
  • ldalbello
    ldalbello Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Today I had about 999,235,000,938 calories. I ate all day long.I'm still eating...
  • georgia98_98
    Options
    2500 on non-exercise days and 3000-3500 on days I workout.

U r doing GREAT AWESOME WONDERFUL, u have lost an adult...... :happy: :tongue: How did u get movited (sp) to start... Being 249 it's hard to get going... Some weeks I lose 2 to 3 lbs. which is great, but on the next week or to I lose NOTHING.. thats a bummer... Keep it up!!! :wink:
  • georgia98_98
    Options

U r doing GREAT AWESOME WONDERFUL, u have lost an adult...... :happy: :tongue: How did u get movited (sp) to start... Being 249 it's hard to get going... Some weeks I lose 2 to 3 lbs. which is great, but on the next week or to I lose NOTHING.. thats a bummer... Keep it up!!! :wink:
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    2600 but "bulking" too.

1750 net when I was losing.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    1500-1600 plus exercise calories.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    It depends on the day for me. I usually eat between 600-900 calories. Today, I ate more food than usual and ate 1180.

The reason I eat so little is because of my ednos.

Still doesn't justify it IMO

When someone is struggling mentally to eat more than 900 calories this kind of comment probably isn't going to help them :/
  • QingTing
    QingTing Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    MFP put me at 1300 a day in order to lose 1lb a week. Which is interesting, because my BMR is about 1300 too. Honestly, since going low-carb I've found it hard to reach 1300 every day. Just now I was 400 under so I made some hotdogs to bring my total up to 1300 lol.

Since it's for my plan of losing 1 lb a week, I assume I havea 500 kcal deficit, meaning I burn around 1800 calories per day. However, I don't know how true this is.
  • QingTing
    QingTing Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm following the Flat Belly Diet guidelines, 1600 a day. If I bun 1000 or more cals in a day (usually if I do 3 workouts) I'll add in a 200 cal protein shake or 140 cal recovery drink.

I'm interested, what is the Flat Belly diet?
  • _JamieB_
    _JamieB_ Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    1400 - 1800
  • justanotherbrickinthewall
    Options

The reason I eat so little is because of my ednos.

Still doesn't justify it IMO

When someone is struggling mentally to eat more than 900 calories this kind of comment probably isn't going to help them :/

I understand this. I'm working with a psychologist and nutritionist to get better, but that is how much I am currently eating.
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I understand this. I'm working with a psychologist and nutritionist to get better, but that is how much I am currently eating.

A huge healthy step you can make towards getting better would be to edit your profile. The thinking on your page is NOT healthy and is not supportive of the changes that you need (and hopefully want) to make.
    Options

A huge healthy step you can make towards getting better would be to edit your profile. The thinking on your page is NOT healthy and is not supportive of the changes that you need (and hopefully want) to make.

I've only seen the psychologist once, so my thinking process hasn't changed at all. I was being truthful on my profile and if I changed it I would feel like I was lying to myself.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options

I literally had that aha moment, I had hit rock bottom and spent 3 days trying to decide whether to choose life or choose ??? and I chose life.... admitted I had a problem and "asked for help" from there I didn't know how I was going to get there but I knew I had to give into the process and instead of saying "no" all the time I need to start say "yes" no matter how I was feeling about it. So it was baby steps from there................................... Alot of hard work , dedication, and continuing to put one foot in front of the other.......
  • Jadesfattorment
    Options
    I eat about 1290 a day (That's my goal anyways.) but I don't exercise at all usually because I am really busy most of the time and I am the most un active person on this planet. I normally net anywhere from 1300-2000 Haha I'm terrible at this so I have a lot of 2000 calorie days but I am getting the hang of it I hope, I have it set to loose 1lb a week and my BMR is only like 1300 or 1400 I try not to eat below it most days or I get really tired.

~Always looks for more MFP friends :)
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Options
    I've only seen the psychologist once, so my thinking process hasn't changed at all. I was being truthful on my profile and if I changed it I would feel like I was lying to myself.

Sometimes you gotta fake it til you make it. Your mind is giving you faulty feedback (cognitive distortions) about your body- those are the real lies. The stuff on your page is based on that false information.

Making a conscious decision to change those words, just while you are working towards changing your beliefs, is a great first step.

I would challenge you to "lie" to yourself and change your page. ===> Fake it til you make it. Say I am learning more about my body and finding things to appreciate about it.

If that seems like too much: You don't have to say "I want to gain xx pounds." You might just talk about how you are examining the right weight choices for yourself right now.
    Options

Sometimes you gotta fake it til you make it. Your mind is giving you faulty feedback (cognitive distortions) about your body- those are the real lies. The stuff on your page is based on that false information.

Making a conscious decision to change those words, just while you are working towards changing your beliefs, is a great first step.

I would challenge you to "lie" to yourself and change your page. ===> Fake it til you make it. Say I am learning more about my body and finding things to appreciate about it.

If that seems like too much: You don't have to say "I want to gain xx pounds." You might just talk about how you are examining the right weight choices for yourself right now.

I can't fake it, sorry.
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Options
    I can't fake it, sorry.

You have your work cut out for you. Good luck.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!