Ladies: Younger men?

Options
paxetamore
paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
So just got in from a night out with friends and this young stud (maybe ten years my junior) was just all chatty and laughy with me. After the evening ended and I arrived home, it dawned on me... could he have actually been hitting on me? Now he was just as cute and hunky as could be, but even if I had realized this while out, would it have made a difference...

Have you "dated" a younger man??? Do tell!

Replies

• Natalie49
    Natalie49 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I honestly never did... but my friend has been dating a younger guy for like 2 years now and it's going great!
    As long as you get along and are happy together then age is just a number...
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    my man is ten and a half months younger than me, does that count?? lol
    and once when i was younger. he was dumb and cute lol... but it didnt work out
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Yes - twice ;-) First time I was 29 and he was 18 - took his mother 6 months - but she eventually managed to break us up - as a single mother I was "2nd hand goods" and not good enough for her son..... he has since been married twice, and is a roaring alcoholic....

2nd time I was 32 and he was 23 - after 9 months I realised that it was hard enough having to raise my own child, without still having to worry about another mothers child as well.....next guy was 10 years older than me ;-)

If it happens again go for it girl - no harm in having some fun!!
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    no, but I had a guy probably the same age as one of my kids hit on me at the mall a couple of weeks ago. Seriously, that wouldn't happen. But, if Luke Bryan ever showed up........ a whole different story.......LOL
  • carolynmittens
    Options
    absolutely not, under no circumstances, ever.
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I know your post was for the "Ladies" but I was interested to see the responses. Forgive me for butting in...

If you perceive the other person as being older or younger, it may be a relationship with issues.
    If you ignore the birthdate on their driver's license and look at them as an overall person you'll probably feel they are the same age as you are.

My wife and I got along great and it felt like we were similar ages. Found out months later our real ages and we were both off on the numbers..wayyyy off. But we've been married 26 years so far...
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    I'm in roller derby and we tend to have "fans" at our bouts. I don't know what it is about a roller derby girl that makes us "desirable" to boys - maybe it's the fact we wear extremely short skits and ruffled panties, fishnets and roller skates. And it's usually a certain type of boy - one who likes the tough tattod punk rock kind of girl. With us, you know we're not going to be one of those "good girls". It's a surreal feeling.

anyway - i end up getting hit on every now and again and it's awesome. I flirt back (it's innocent) and I'll go to the afterparty with these boys and i've been handed phone number of the young-ins - youngest for me was 21 (i'm 39). If I wasn't married, you'd bet your *kitten* I'd go out with a younger man, i mean, boy.
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    For the past 6 months I've been seeing a much younger man. (I call him The Kid)........ I'm 43 and he's 27. From what I've noticed (or not noticed) we have not gotten any funny looks from people when we go out. We are NOT on the same page as far as life goes (but it has nothing to do with age) but we get along and have fun.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Siggy is 5 years younger than me. I'm a little on the young looking side so I don't look older than him. We don't get odd looks.
    I think it's a little more socially acceptable than it used to be.
    Somehow he's more mature caring and loving than men 10 years older than him.

Just make sure you both know what your intentions are. Some of the youngers like to hit it and quit it, especially with "cougars"
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Nope. I have yet to meet a man under 30 that has the same maturity level as I and I'm not a babysitter.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Yes. He was 10 years younger than me. He was fun - but when it came to "serious" life, he was a dud. I realized that I want someone closer to my age. :) My boyfriend is 2 weeks older than I am.

I've been hit on at work by much younger guys - I laugh, tell them I'm old enough to be their mama and that makes 'em blush.
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Nope. I do get the "MILF" thing a lot and I've been hit on by guys as young as 18 (I'm 31). But as far as dating I'm pretty picky...he can't be more than a couple years younger than me. I'd rather go older than younger, although ideally I want him to be close to my age.
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    My wife is 7 years older than me and we seem to be fine with it. Never really was an issue but my wife looks younger than me!

Tried to load a photo but still learning.

100_1118.jpg
  • sunnybrunette126
    sunnybrunette126 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I can be a complete puma at times and I've dated younger men because I've been told I don't look my age. And not all young men are immature but still I rather be with someone who is closer to my age.

We've usually experienced similar things in life and watched the same 80's cartoons. :bigsmile:
  • amv1023
    amv1023 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My husband is 10 years younger than me. At first I was reluctant, but the heart wants what the heart wants :) We have been together for 5 yrs and have 2 kids together. It can work if you are right for each other
  • quixoticmantis
    quixoticmantis Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I've never, ever dated younger guys. I don't even get along well with those my own age.

My current boyfriend is 48......18 years my senior and I wouldn't have it any other way! He's my best friend and my absolute soulmate.

Older men are the best, in my opinion.
  • TRIMoses59
    TRIMoses59 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I was just married for the second time in my life and my husband is 10 years younger than I am. I would not date him at first, just hung around as friends. The longer I got to know him the harder it was for me to deny my feelings for him. We have been together for 4 years and married 4 months the 27th of this month. I love my husband and he loves me. We are perfect for each other!
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I was schooled by an older lady - LOVED IT!

And that gave me the confidence to go after the woman of my dreams, marry her as teen, then have 5 kids and stay together.
    28 years now!

But I still remember......
  • AmandaJoi25
    Options
    I've never, ever dated younger guys. I don't even get along well with those my own age.

My current boyfriend is 48......18 years my senior and I wouldn't have it any other way! He's my best friend and my absolute soulmate.

Older men are the best, in my opinion.
    Smae here my boyfriend is exactly twice my age.
  • RunningAddict
    RunningAddict Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I don't get along with younger guys lol. My bf now is my same age and we have had our share of circumstances! I usually get along better with older guys because they just seem more on my level and way of thinking. However I don't want to sterotype and I'm sure that there are some nice young guys out there-just sure I haven't found any lol!