Ladies: Younger men?

Options

Replies

• kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    id totally bang him as often as he wanted - which would be a lot since he's 10 years younger than you - moral of the story; next time, go for it :)

I agree with this. Youngest I went was 5 years younger than me. He was... fun. :devil: Maturity-wise, he was super jealous and insecure. So dating... eh, I wouldn't go there. But, for a fun time, I say you should totally go for it.

ETA: Maybe you'll get lucky and find one of the rare younger guys that's mature beyond his years. They're out there ;)
  • zoe4friends
    zoe4friends Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I am open to 2-3 years younger and 8-10 years older.
  • directorj
    directorj Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I dated someone who was 27 when I was 18. I told her I was 25. Each time she told me to go to a bar/club I would make up a story that I couldn't go. Eventually we stopped seeing each other then a few months later she found out I was only 18 :laugh: :laugh:
  • Geer76
    Geer76 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've dated both younger and older than myself. Age is just a number. The older guy I dated (12 yrs) was more immature than one I dated who was 8 years younger than myself. Some younger people are just old souls and some just will never grow up. You can't allow yourself to get fixated on ages and just enjoy someone because of their personality and how you feel around them. Have fu and live life to the fullest!
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Younger men are eye candy... but I'd have a mature man over a young stud every time :wink:

My husband is 7 yrs my senior, not that I look at him that way, but I've always teased him that I'd never leave him for a younger man, but a sliver daddy might just tempt me :laugh:
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I'm 22 and I usually can't stand men who are under 30 but I see absolutely nothing wrong with a woman dating a younger man!
  • butterflimom
    Options
    I have almost always dated younger men, not by much but a few years. My husband now is 2 years younger.
  • Mama_CAEI
    Options
    Of the most serious relationships I've been in, 3 have been with younger men (2.5 years younger, 1.5 years younger and 5 years younger). The first two, I didn't really notice the difference: the first, we were in high school, the second we were in university. But the 3rd guy, I was 24 and he was about to turn 20. I had finished university and was working full-time, he was in college and living it up. I knew the relationship was never going to end in marriage or anything, so it was fun for a while. But his partying habits got to me. I had left those days behind me long before.
    My husband is 7 years older than me. I never would have imagined that I'd be with someone that much older than me, but we were exactly at the same point in our lives when we met. Here we are, 10.5 years later, married 9.5 years, 4 kids. I wouldn't change a thing. :heart:
  • 1smemae94
    1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I've always liked guys a few years younger than me, but I've been lucky and they've always acted older. I like younger guys because they tend to be more open to new things.
  • shonasteele
    Options
    First husband was 8 years older, marriage didn't last long. Then met a sweet young thing while going through divorce (me 24, him barely 19) who was supposed to just be a fun little stress busting fling but wound up getting attached and have now been married 13 years! On top of being hotter, more fun and better in bed, it turns out the younger one was also more responsible, intelligent, romantic and level-headed than the older one - it all depends on the person.

Something to think about... isn't judging immediately based *solely* on age just as narrow-minded and prejudicial as judging someone based solely on their skin color or religion? Keep in mind that I'm talking strictly AGE - personality, responsibility or maturity level (which are often related to age) is a different thing.

Even after having said that, I still think that anything more than a 20 year difference is kinda icky - if one partner could have spawned the other, that crosses the line for me. :noway:
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Anyone over 21 is fair game for a bit of fun, but I wouldn't count on anyone under 30 (bare minimum!) to actually be serious. Even if some 25 year old did want to be serious, I'm not sure I could be. They're all so full of hope and optimism and energy at that age. I remember what that's like, but frankly, I'm just not into it. I've learned all I need to learn about the way the world works and the way people work, and it is definitely not 'all good'. Hell, I never thought it was all good even that idiotic expression was popular, and I was under 25 back then.
  • cds2001
    cds2001 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I don't because I get paid to babysit!!! I have a friend who is married to a guy 14 years younger. She's early 40's -- he's late 20's. I'm sure the sex must be nice but that's about it. The arguments I've seen them have to me has everything to do with the age difference and maturity levels. But he does get along great with her 11 year old. They both absolutely LOVE video games. LOL
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    nope! won't go there.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Younger men know that we older women know how "to work it". LOL! They're after our SKILLZ (or wallets), not our hearts, so if you're down with that! Go on and get you a young stud-muffin!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    if one partner could have spawned the other, that crosses the line for me. :noway:

Hence my comment about dating any guys within 5 years of my 18-year-old daughters' age.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I don't because I get paid to babysit!!! I have a friend who is married to a guy 14 years younger. She's early 40's -- he's late 20's. I'm sure the sex must be nice but that's about it. The arguments I've seen them have to me has everything to do with the age difference and maturity levels. But he does get along great with her 11 year old. They both absolutely LOVE video games. LOL

Now a video game habit I can cope with, as I absolutely love playing them, too. Although there's not much good out in the MMO market of late. Just a rehash of the same old crap. And it's true I can't stand most of the players I run into lately. So immature and rude! But the actual playing of the games is quite fun.
  • quixoticmantis
    quixoticmantis Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Even after having said that, I still think that anything more than a 20 year difference is kinda icky - if one partner could have spawned the other, that crosses the line for me. :noway:

My BF could have 'spawned' me :laugh: ......we have a better relationship than most of those around us. It really is an individual thing. Depends on the people, maturity levels, etc.

To each his/her/their own. :drinker:
  • gonzalezmona
    gonzalezmona Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Ive always dated younger men. Never intentional, just happens. I'm 39 & pretty petite so I am often mistaken for being MUCH younger than I really I am. I've dated men up to 12 years younger. My boyfriend is 2 years younger. The closest to my age in a long time. When I was in high school, I would typically date older '"guys", but that has changed throughout the years. I like younger males because they have tended to be more open minded, not so "stuck" in their ways. I'm such a big, nerdy dork at heart. Now that I'm almost 40, I do feel the need to close in on that age gap. 2 years isn't so bad. He's a lil more serious, but he's more than willing to put up with my playful ways. :tongue:
  • dk_runs
    dk_runs Posts: 106
    Options
    I married a man 5 1/2 years younger than me. We've been together for a total of 12 years (4 living in sin ;) 8 married) and are still very happy.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Younger men know that we older women know how "to work it". LOL! They're after our SKILLZ (or wallets), not our hearts, so if you're down with that! Go on and get you a young stud-muffin!

I'm sure some of the younger men dating older women perhaps have such intentions.

However this is a pretty insane generalization.