Replies

• lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    gotcha :)
  • yukimiyazawa
    yukimiyazawa Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    June through September, I ate around 500 calories per day. Now I'm eating 800 or so, but I usually end up closer to 1,000, because I have less self-control these days. I don't really exercise much these days, but I work fast food 5 days per week (however much that burns).

anybody that was on my friends list that only eat 500 calories a day would be chopped from the friends list. Having a calorie intake that low is stupid and dangerous!

LOL, i'm sorry that you have such an intolerance for people with eating disorders.
  • MrsJohnston
    MrsJohnston Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Sweetie, that it a VERY unhealthy way to loose weight! You're starving your body. It's all about proper nutrition and exercise!
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    June through September, I ate around 500 calories per day. Now I'm eating 800 or so, but I usually end up closer to 1,000, because I have less self-control these days. I don't really exercise much these days, but I work fast food 5 days per week (however much that burns).

anybody that was on my friends list that only eat 500 calories a day would be chopped from the friends list. Having a calorie intake that low is stupid and dangerous!

LOL, i'm sorry that you have such an intolerance for people with eating disorders.

You know what? I think it's pretty darn important to send a message to people that it is NOT OKAY to starve yourself. If you have an eating disorder, you should be getting professional help and you shouldn't be here with a bunch of "friends" patting you on your back and saying "aww... it's okay". It's NOT OKAY.

You don't have to be mean about it, but 'supportive' of an eating disorder? No. Support a healthy life style. Support going to get professional help. Support eating a reasonable amount of calories each day.

Don't be an enabler. You're not helping yourself and your not helping the person with an eating disorder.

I know that sounds harsh... but really... I'd cut someone off my friends list too if they ate only 500 calories a day unless they were getting professional help and were actually TRYING to eat more than 500.
  • beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 642 Member
    Options

how do you have an eating disorder when you have lost 50 odd pounds? and it says on your profile that you never want to be huge again? so I assumed that you havent suffered anorexia. I was merely pointing out that I would not offer support to anybody on my friends list that eats only 500 calories a day.

im not trying to mock you, please do not take this personally.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options

I hope that you are here to help recover from yours. At 5'10", a goal of 115 lbs is really not healthy. Neither is eating 500, 800, or 1,000 calories per day. I hope you have gotten some professional help as well.
  • _GlaDOS_
    Options

how do you have an eating disorder when you have lost 50 odd pounds? and it says on your profile that you never want to huge again? so I assumed that you havent suffered anorexia. I was merely pointing out that I would not offer support to anybody on my friends list that eats only 500 calories a day.

Please, do not mock her. It's very rude.
  • hiyoli
    hiyoli Posts: 13
    Options
    i eat 1200-1500 on the days I run/strength train, and burn about 840. On saturdays i burn over 1,000 and eat about 2,000 or a little over.
  • mylifex2
    Options
    400-700
  • beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    well said rebekah529 could not agree more
  • _GlaDOS_
    Options
    400-700

Why? Why so little?

Seriously, this thread makes me so sad, especially many of the women here. What made these women all think they need to starve to lose weight?
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    400-700

Why? Why so little?

Seriously, this thread make me so sad, especially many of the women here. What made these women all think they need to starve to lose weight?

If I eat more then 1200 a day I GAIN..MY doctor said 1000 is perfect, with exercise. This past week I ate 1200 or more. I exercised..GAINED 4 POUNDS. UNLESS I STARVE I DONT LOSE
  • _GlaDOS_
    Options
    I'm posting this group here in the hope that many of you will go read some the threads and get some perspective on your eating habits: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/17-women-eating-2-000-calories-per-day

These women are different shapes, sizes, have different levels of activity and all there for different reasons.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    Options
    This is very bad! but since I've been working I only eat about 600-700 cals a day... I should be eating around 1300

Your body is going to think you are starving and you will lose muscle mass. Drink protein shakes to keep your calories at 1300.

I have done extensive research on that ..It is not true unless for do that for a VERY LONG TIME. I am sick hearing that. I dont understand how people eat over 1200 and lose. Many eat white flour, rice, cookies and they lose. I cant or I gain.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    Options
    Ahh I agree rebekah!

You do not have to starve yourself to be happy and beautiful people :(

I eat about 1500 net, and am still losing. Bumping it up more to save my muscle mass as much as I can :]

I tried eating 1200 and gained.
  • _GlaDOS_
    Options
    400-700

Why? Why so little?

Seriously, this thread make me so sad, especially many of the women here. What made these women all think they need to starve to lose weight?

If I eat more then 1200 a day I GAIN..MY doctor said 1000 is perfect, with exercise. This past week I ate 1200 or more. I exercised..GAINED 4 POUNDS. UNLESS I STARVE I DONT LOSE

It is expected that you will gain weight after increasing your calories. You have to give it time. Patience. I can gain 4 lbs in a day and lose it the next. Your weight will fluctuate.

It's also sad that we allow doctors these days to give such advice without the proper training and education.
  • yukimiyazawa
    yukimiyazawa Posts: 83 Member
    Options

how do you have an eating disorder when you have lost 50 odd pounds? and it says on your profile that you never want to be huge again? so I assumed that you havent suffered anorexia. I was merely pointing out that I would not offer support to anybody on my friends list that eats only 500 calories a day.

Wait, what? You're asking me how I could possibly have an eating disorder if I've LOST 50 pounds? You're not making sense.
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Im eating around 1800 with a lot of protein and exercise enough to burn around 300 per day. Im also breastfeeding, so I need the extra calories for my son. Seems to be working well so far. Im not hungry, and I've lost seven pounds in a month.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    Options

You would chop them from your friends...Nice..Are you a doctor??
  • LuciaLongIsland
    Options
    400-700

Why? Why so little?

It is expected that you will gain weight after increasing your calories. You have to give it time. Patience. I can gain 4 lbs in a day and lose it the next. Your weight will fluctuate.

It's also sad that we allow doctors these days to give such advice without the proper training and education.

He is trained and educated. In a serious illness he saved my life. Dont be so quick to judge,,,what do you do?