would you move to another state if my MFP crush ask me??

Options

Replies

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Lets see how far these affairs are willing to go lol

Would I move to another state if YOUR MFP crush asked you? I don't know. Who's your MFP Crush?
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options

HAHAHAH :drinker:
  • cxxviii
    Options
    I met my now husband on the Internet. Chatted for a few months, left Canada and flew to Texas to met in person. Got married 9 days later and moved to Korea with him the same week. Left everything and everyone behind and never had a minute of regret for the last 14 years.

Yup 14 years and two children,

...and they all said it wouldn't last.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

I'm bumping this comment.
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Lol hell no.

...Unless for selective breeding purposes.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Why would I move when your MFP crush asked you?
  • echoica
    echoica Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    i've done it (moved from nova scotia to ontario canada)...not someone i met from mfp though. it did not turn out well :/
  • Zee48
    Zee48 Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Definitely not!

In a mildly similar situation, a little over three years I was on vacation with friends in Nashville and I met a guy from Kentucky that I fell head over heels for! it was crazy!! We ended up talking and texting for a few months and we visiting one another every other weekend and sometimes weeks at a time.. I would arrange my work schedule to go down there (from Detroit) for long weekends or use vacation days. He was a farmer so when he was able to, he'd come up here for longer periods of time. We seriously talked about me moving down there and I had considered it. All my friends and family told me I was crazy but I was crazy for him, what's a girl to do! I decided to do it and one weekend I moved a lot of my stuff down there (it also happened to be my birthday weekend) and after a few days some weird things started to happen. He became a crazy, controlling guy. He ended up physically abusing me (pulled me up a flight of stairs by my hair because my dog wouldn't stop barking) and some other stuff I'd rather not re-live. That next morning I packed up my car with as much stuff as I could fit and never looked back. I left a lot of my personal belongings at his house but they are not worth it to me!

Moral of the story. . . make sure you know the person inside and out; maybe run a background check; consider WHY they are so intent on having a "stranger" move to them. . .

Sorry to be a downer, but crazy people are out there~! and with that said, I did meet my current fiance on Match.com but I was very very cautious!

Kerri

Kerri I am sorry you had that horrific experience but I commend you for posting it. Perhaps it will save some other girl from that or something worse. I don't understand the philosophy of online crushes and your experience shows that just a few visits don't really give the 'real person' time to come out. God bless you.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Well if you really meant if my crush asked me to move, I guess it would really depend on the situation. If we click really well and it develops into something more then I could consider it.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Seeing how I hate it where I am and hope to move soon anyway I wouldn`t have a problem with it if it seemed right.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I dont know there are so many things that would need to be weighted out..LIKE FAMILY, EX's that are still a part of childrens lives, WAS THE SEX GOOD?? YOu know..you just need to see if its all worth it !

All kidding aside That would be a tough call for anyone with kids...If both were singel than Go where ever you want !
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I dont know there are so many things that would need to be weighted out..LIKE FAMILY, EX's that are still a part of childrens lives, WAS THE SEX GOOD?? YOu know..you just need to see if its all worth it !

All kidding aside That would be a tough call for anyone with kids...If both were singel than Go where ever you want !

Where do you live again Skinny?

Seriously, there is only one person on here I would consider moving for and that would be way, way, way in the future after serious consideration...and a background check!
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    hahaha prettykitty..I agree You must be very cautios when meeting someone on a stite then going to meet in person and then moving to where they are...NOT WITHOUT KNOWING THEM AND I MEAN REALLY KNOWING THEM

Criminal background checks are wonderful ! UUMMM MAKE SURE THAY ARE NOT MARRIED the list could go on and on !! with that being said ..YES there is one that has me smitten !
  • Carl01
    Options

Where do you live again Skinny?

Seriously, there is only one person on here I would consider moving for and that would be way, way, way in the future after serious consideration...and a background check!

:blushing:
  • Carl01
    Options
    hahaha prettykitty..I agree You must be very cautios when meeting someone on a stite then going to meet in person and then moving to where they are...NOT WITHOUT KNOWING THEM AND I MEAN REALLY KNOWING THEM

Criminal background checks are wonderful ! UUMMM MAKE SURE THAY ARE NOT MARRIED the list could go on and on !! with that being said ..YES there is one that has me smitten !

:blushing:
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    wait a sec. i'm on the slow bus today. no, i won't move if YOUR mfp crush asks YOU. hahaha ;)
    LMAO!!!!!!!:laugh: :laugh:
  • virgo1978
    virgo1978 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    my job allows me to so yes but the real person to ask is my dog, if it's too hot for him, it aint happening, plus HE is my background check, if he growls your out, if he cuddles you are golden. Then again that can be flawed if you sneak him a treat, so on that note I am back to square 1. DAMMIT

For sure! Dogs are the BEST judges of character (aside from that whole treat business). :laugh:
  • Katefab26
    Options
    How far?? I mean, a guy in ME, VT or MA wouldn't exactly be a challenge (I live in NH), but if it were CA? Or some farming state? I am allergic to cows. Blech.
  • PrincessStubbie
    PrincessStubbie Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    My husband started out as an internet crush (not on MFP)...and well, we've been together 8 years/married 7...I was in Florida, he was in Texas....never thought or intended it to blossom, but it did....best thing ever! And yes, I relocated when we got married. It can work!

Oh, umm, to the actual question: I guess I would say if it was just a crush, no way...visiting, sure...but merely a crush, too risky...imho
  • knoid
    knoid Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I actually did this years ago - obviously not on MFP because it didn't exist at that point.

Met a girl online, a relationship developed, and I moved to another country for her. The relationship didn't work out, but I have four wonderful children who I adore - so it's not all bad.

Don't do it for a crush...but if things develop into a relationship, definitely go for it.