Oh No! Whoppers!

Options
On Saturday, I partook in Burger King's "Buy One Whopper, Get One Free" deal.

bogowhopperbk2011.jpg

I ate two of these lovelies -- with cheese. I had a light breakfast and a good workout, working up a healthy appetite for the trip to BK in the afternoon. I was pretty well satiated the rest of the day, and consumed a smidge of calories in the evening.

I had a great time with my family this weekend, sitting down in the Burger King to eat, rather than doing the drive-thru. For thousands of years, food has more than fuel for humans. It's been a ritual. It's a time to connect, and enjoy the bounty that they've been blessed to have. We did that this weekend. Sure, we could have done the same with a salad -- but we didn't. We will eat sensibly and stay active this week.

[/b]This bit of indulgence will not be derailing my fitness goals, and I plan to drop a couple of pounds this week.[/b] Since Saturday, I've been eating sensibly, and working out.

I'll report back here by Saturday with the results.

Cue the "Oh gross!", "Fast food is poison", "This is a fitness site!" and "You're going to drive someone to binge and maybe buy an overpriced car too!" comments.

Replies

• p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    *drools* did you get the mayo on them?? they have the best mayo!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I was driving home on Sunday and stopped to get fuel (gas and food) and the travel center had an advertisement for this. I thought of you kid. I am glad someone participated. I so badly wanted some. *sigh*
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    OMG UR POISONING URSELF AND UR FAMILY!!! HOW CAN U SUPPORT FAST FOOD COMPANIES THEY ARE EVIL!! :angry:

No, I totally agree. I love enjoying a meal at McDonald's, seeing my kids excitment when they know they can eat and play at the play area. It's not bad to treat yourself once in a while.
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with this as long as you don't do it all the time. I have to allow myself the occasional indulgence, too! I don't think I could eat two whoppers at one sitting, though...I'd be sick as a dog!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

They do have the best mayo. Mmm.

I can't judge, I had a double Whopper Jr yesterday.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    What about fries and a diet coke? You forgot to mention those.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    On Saturday I ate 2 pieces of pepperoni pizza, half an order of cheesy bread, and almost an entire order of cinnastix with frosting. Gained nothing. Was delicious. :bigsmile:
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Atta Boy Ex Gordo.

I can't remember the last time I had one (the BK by me is just dreadful) but I always get mine with extra cheese. I like to earn every pound I gain.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    yumm I wish there was a burger king near me
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I shared this deal with a friend. It was delicious and we had a great time. It was the most "real" food we ate all day since we spent the rest of the day baking and eating the batter.
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    One of my co-workers kids worked at a crematorium. He said it smelt like Burger King. I don't eat fast food and probably haven't been to BK in 5 or 6 years.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Got 'em with everything, plus cheese. Had onion rings and Diet Coke too.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    What about fries and a diet coke? You forgot to mention those.
    Onion rings and Diet Coke, bro. Damn!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    One of my co-workers kids worked at a crematorium. He said it smelt like Burger King. I don't eat fast food and probably haven't been to BK in 5 or 6 years.

I'll have a double people burger with everything please:wink:
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    One of my co-workers kids worked at a crematorium. He said it smelt like Burger King.
    Soylent_Green.gif
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    *kitten*, i love onion rings.
    nice one EEG. i know saturday's weigh-in will be great!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options

They really do have the best mayo. I love whoppers.
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Years ago when I was married and very poor and BK had 5 doubles for 5 bucks we ate nothing but these for days maybe even weeks. That's why I can't stand their food... Wendys and Culvers are a weakness of mine. I avoid them at all cost.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Allowing yourself indulgences is necessary for your mental health, and thus, your overall health! I hope them bad boys were as juicy as hell!!
  • jenvens
    jenvens Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you went and enjoyed it and aren't beating yourself up about it. I have kinda "let go" of trying to be perfect and weighing myself all day and everyday and counting calories like a mad woman...but ever since I "let go" I have been enjoying food as it should be enjoyed in moderation. I haven't had a Whopper in a long time and have been craving some Burger King myself...maybe I can also indulge and enjoy some soon!