Oh No! Whoppers!

Options

Replies

• airycha
    airycha Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I don't really get burger king but I just ate whataburger breakfast reading this thread... mmmmm taquito
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    I managed to avoid BK but the 12oz steak I had Saturday night KICKED *kitten*! :bigsmile:
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Allowing yourself indulgences is necessary for your mental health, and thus, your overall health!
    Agreed -- at least in my case.
    I hope them bad boys were as juicy as hell!!
    They certainly were. Hot and fresh, as they were selling them like hotcakes!
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    I don't really get burger king but I just ate whataburger breakfast reading this thread... mmmmm taquito
    Whataburger! One of the best things about the Southwest!
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    One of my co-workers kids worked at a crematorium. He said it smelt like Burger King. I don't eat fast food and probably haven't been to BK in 5 or 6 years.

lol. my boyfriend used to work at a cemetary with a crematorium and he swore it smelled like mcdonald's breakfast.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I much prefer these whoppers...

whoppers-theatre-size.jpg
  • madubil
    madubil Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm jealous- but do think the occasional indulgence keeps you on track- the concept of total deprivation from a certain food makes me want it like its a life saving nutrient...
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I also had 2 on Saturday and it was, hmm.. ok. For some reason they just didn't taste as good as I remembered. They weren't horrible but they weren't all that either.
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Thank You for posting this thread on the one day I've said I won't eat meat.:grumble:

I am now looking forward to Whopper Wednesday!! I did, however manage a huge breakfast inclusive of 2 servings of peach cobbler this morning...

I LOVE WHOPPERS- add Bacon
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    We did too. The Whopper was delicious but what the hell did they screw with the fries for? They were reallllly yummy before. Now they're just ok.
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    On Friday night, my partner and I went to a local bar and indulged in the $20 cheeseburger, fries, and unlimited drinks special. One gigantic pepperjack cheeseburger, a heaping serving of fries, 3 beers, and a cocktail later, I was a happy camper.

Sounds like we both had amazing weekends.
  • 08caseyk
    Options
    I was in the car with my hubby and he wanted to go get that burger king deal. And i was sooo hungry. So i ended up getting a double cheeseburger.I was still under my calorie goal and all. But I feel bad for getting it, because i haven't had greasy food like that for awhile now. It tasted so good but man, i felt so sick lol.

Good to know i wasn't the only one who slurged a little lol
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    I also had 2 on Saturday and it was, hmm.. ok. For some reason they just didn't taste as good as I remembered. They weren't horrible but they weren't all that either.
    Certainly not a Five Guys burger.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    On Friday night, my partner and I went to a local bar and indulged in the $20 cheeseburger, fries, and unlimited drinks special. One gigantic pepperjack cheeseburger, a heaping serving of fries, 3 beers, and a cocktail later, I was a happy camper.

Sounds like we both had amazing weekends.
    NICE! :drinker:
  • FluffyCanadianGirl
    Options
    YUMMERS!!!!! I want!!!
  • andreacord
    Options
    Looks really good =) however I don't like Burger King, going to visit my best friend tomorrow and I'm having pizza. Yes, pizza. *Gasp*
  • brownskindiva
    Options
    On Saturday, I partook in Burger King's "Buy One Whopper, Get One Free" deal.

bogowhopperbk2011.jpg

I ate two of these lovelies -- with cheese. I had a light breakfast and a good workout, working up a healthy appetite for the trip to BK in the afternoon. I was pretty well satiated the rest of the day, and consumed a smidge of calories in the evening.

I had a great time with my family this weekend, sitting down in the Burger King to eat, rather than doing the drive-thru. For thousands of years, food has more than fuel for humans. It's been a ritual. It's a time to connect, and enjoy the bounty that they've been blessed to have. We did that this weekend. Sure, we could have done the same with a salad -- but we didn't. We will eat sensibly and stay active this week.

[/b]This bit of indulgence will not be derailing my fitness goals, and I plan to drop a couple of pounds this week.[/b] Since Saturday, I've been eating sensibly, and working out.

I'll report back here by Saturday with the results.

Cue the "Oh gross!", "Fast food is poison", "This is a fitness site!" and "You're going to drive someone to binge and maybe buy an overpriced car too!" comments.

haha I totally went to BK too and got a whopper and gave my sister the other one and it was goooood!!!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Well. I don't particularly care for fast food - but, I did consume an entire gourmet cupcake on Saturday along with a delicious chicken sandwich from a local restaurant. Oh. And fries too.

It was delicious and if I poisoned myself with it - it was worth every minute of it. ;)
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Years ago when I was married and very poor and BK had 5 doubles for 5 bucks we ate nothing but these for days maybe even weeks. That's why I can't stand their food... Wendys and Culvers are a weakness of mine. I avoid them at all cost.

mmmm butter burgers!!
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    Dang! I forgot about this! Can't believe I missed out on a Whopper. Is that promotion still going?