SICK: How many calories should I consume?

Options

Replies

• Lori19509
    Lori19509 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Ty .my calories today 1,308.
  • Lori19509
    Options
    How are you feeling.Im watching alot lifetime movies and hallmark. How about you?
  • Lori19509
    Options
    If I when I have an appetite . I am afraid Ill eat too much .
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    How about just focusing on getting well and stop worrying about calorie counting. I don't count when I'm sick...I just try to get whatever nourishment I can, which usually isn't much when I'm truly ill.

I mostly make sure I'm getting a lot of fluids...lots of water, hot/warm tea, broth and soups, etc.
  • Lori19509
    Options
    Being a DTR I learned you should never go below 1500 or possibility cause problems.
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Well, the old saw is "Feed a cold and starve a fever...." so you should eat like crazy AND starve yourself. :wink:

Honestly, I'd say eat good nutrition, don't worry about the tracking so much and get back to it when you've kicked the nastiness.
  • ElizabethFuller
    ElizabethFuller Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Well, the old saw is "Feed a cold and starve a fever...."

LOL, my Granny used to say that!
    I too have a nasty sneezy, snuffly, sore throat and cough kind of cold. I decided to eat lots of protein and fruit and veg today.
    We've just got to tough it out guys, just a few days and we'll be fine! :sick:
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I think you could go ahead and just rest....maybe just some hot tea. Water. Drink water, and rest!
  • Heads90
    Heads90 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I'm sick too. Strep throat... getting up to 1200 has been challenging. I think I'm giving up at 400 today. Tired of my throat burning.

I don't know what you have, but I would say just eat if you're hungry. >.<
  • UCSMiami
    UCSMiami Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Forget calorie counting when sick. Make some homemade chicken soup and purchase some good bread for dipping in the liquid and eat often. Plenty of tea and liquids. Eat often. Sleep often. Eat again.
  • Lori19509
    Options
    Thank you for the advice.
  • Lori19509
    Options
    Last nite was a difficult night sleep, I finally went to sleep and dreamed
  • Lori19509
    Options
    I dont feel like steaming myself today, I do feel better
  • Lori19509
    Options
    How are you doing?
  • Lori19509
    Options
    You also have watch your water for too much liquids. Yesterday about 10 cups. The day before lost count, felt very bloated and your sodium also. Mine was 1,083 over in sodium.
  • Lori19509
    Options
    What if you can only sleep at night.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I don't know, but I am also sick with similar symptoms, and can't bring myself to eat anything much. I think I am on about 900 for the day.

Wow I thought bricks were thick
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Just focus one getting better. Calories can wait.
  • Lori19509
    Options
    I don't know, but I am also sick with similar symptoms, and can't bring myself to eat anything much. I think I am on about 900 for the day.

Wow I thought bricks were thick