WORST Christmas songs...

Options

Replies

• Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Do You Hear What I Hear ALWAYS Freaked me out and I have no idea why!
  • frycase
    Options
    If I hear Bony M's version of "Mary's Boy Child" one more freaking time, I might actually go insane. There's a radio station playing all christmas music where I live, and I thought that'd be a good way to get a lot of variety so I didn't lose my mind, but they play it about 3 times a day EVERY SINGLE DAY! My eye starts twitching whenever I hear the opening line.

Also, apparently there's a game that people play where, after Thanksgiving (in the US, so late November for all the non-Americans out there), you see who can go the longest without hearing the "Ba rum ba bum bum" line of "Little Drummer Boy." So if you ever see someone walking briskly out of the grocery store with their fingers in their ears, give them the thumbs up.
  • frycase
    Options
    Simply Having a wonderful Christmas time...UGH
    This makes my ears bleed...

Also, this.
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I have quite a weakness for terrible Christmas songs - I got some really cheap CDs with novelty songs from the 1950's which I quite enjoy. "Christmas in Killarney" anyone? I love the old crooners... But I don't like the cartoony ones like "Snoopy's Christmas" or the Chipmunks etc.

By the way, I don't think anyone needs Michael Buble - just get a cheap Frank Sinatra or Dean Martin CD and you're done! (I love Dean Martin "Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer" when he's obviously plastered and switching some of the lyrics. Great days we won't see again!)
  • russellma
    russellma Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    The worst for me is "The 12 Days of Christmas". :sick:
  • debstanley4
    debstanley4 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Elvis or Porky Pig singing "Blue Christmas." Once I hear it, my Christmas spirit goes in the toilet for the rest of the year.

I hate this one too...
  • pelleld
    pelleld Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Dominic the Donkey.......makes Grandma Got Runover by a Reindeer seem like actual music. What makes it even worse is that they start playing it around here sometime in late October, before the Halloween Witches have even left the area.
  • deethinks
    Options
    I kinda hate the Elvis Christmas CD. I love him talented man and what not but the Christmas songs is something that shouldn't have been covered by him in my opinion
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    By far the worst Christmas song is "Last Christmas" by Wham!. OMG it makes me want to cut off my ears.
    These have my votes.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    The worst for me is "The 12 Days of Christmas". :sick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ypd76zNJ5Xs
    BEST THING EVER!
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Madonna's version of Santa Baby annoys the piss out of me!
  • Trechechus
    Options
    If I hear Bony M's version of "Mary's Boy Child" one more freaking time, I might actually go insane.

I LOVE THAT SONG!!!
  • Trechechus
    Options
    Madonna's version of Santa Baby annoys the piss out of me!

This. What the hell is she doing to her voice?
  • CharityEaton
    Options
    I love Paul McCartney.

But that song is DREADFUL too.

Paul, Elton... what were you guys thinking.

Yes, I agree! I LOVE Paul and all his Beetle Buds but this song is just awful! That bowmp bowmp sound makes me CrAzY! Oh and that song they always play about the long lost lovers in the grocery store...It mentions Christmas Eve ONE time in the entire song and they play it non-stop. My mom would be punching me right now...but she is in heaven cringing at me bashing two of her favorite songs! LOL! (love you mom BUT...eek)
  • looklikeaskelet0n
    Options
    Kenny Rogers and Wynonna Judd - Mary, did you know?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN70R-3ao0U

So everyone can feel the pain I felt the first time I heard it....

aldjf;lakj my mom sings this EVERY christmas. terrible song.

i dont really enjoy any christmas music. ahahh. except bright eyes christmas album of course.
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    What's that song about the two high school sweethearts meeting up in a store and then getting drunk in a car before she drives off? That one is right up there with Christmas Shoes.
  • mbmorse1011
    mbmorse1011 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Mine is I want a hippopatmous for christmas
  • boston6
    boston6 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    My mom hates "Grandma got run over by a reindeer" LOL
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Baby it's cold outside

YES! No matter who sings it...I hate this one.

Anything that Mariah Carey, Beyonce, or Christina Aguilera butchers makes my "Worst Christmas songs" list, as well.
    AMEN!!!!! I also HATE "Last Christmas." "Step into Christmas" is yucky too!