Options

Replies

• MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    "do they know it's christmas"

THESE lyrics. "Well tonight thank God it's them instead of you"

REALLY? That's awful.

That line always made me shake my head too. Seriously, what the ...

Not that I have any real love for this song but you are misunderstanding that line. The point being made is that we frequently turn a blind eye to the suffering around us and are content with being thankful it isn't us or our loved ones suffering.
    I have other reasons that song rubs me the wrong way.
  • laFuerte
    laFuerte Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    TOY LAND! TOY LAND! omg just got home from work and it is still in my head. i work at a liquor and party supply store but i think the music makes everyone want to drink even more! maybe a smart marketing gimik!! LOL
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Feliz Navidad and The Christmas Shoes
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options

REALLY? That's awful.

This one gets on my nerves so much: "And there won't be snow in Africa this christmas time" Uh....as someone who was born in Africa, don't they know it's SUMMER there????? Seriously, my family celebrates the holiday with pool parties and barbeques around the lake.......It was 30C - which is about 86F yesterday my grandmother told me this morning.......LOL

It's such a terrible song.....

My Husband's worst song is Dominic the Donkey.......
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    By far the worst Christmas song is "Last Christmas" by Wham!. OMG it makes me want to cut off my ears.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Times a billion!! Holy cr*p I can't stand that song!!
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Madonna's version of Santa Baby annoys the piss out of me!

Every version of Santa Baby annoys the piss out of me!
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Madonna's version of Santa Baby annoys the piss out of me!

Every version of Santa Baby annoys the piss out of me!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Feliz Navidad and The Christmas Shoes

When I was little, I thought Feliz Navidad was "Police Love Your Dad". I didn't understand what that had to do with having a merry Christmas, but figured t wasn't my place to judge.
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options

REALLY? That's awful.

That line always made me shake my head too. Seriously, what the ...

Not that I have any real love for this song but you are misunderstanding that line. The point being made is that we frequently turn a blind eye to the suffering around us and are content with being thankful it isn't us or our loved ones suffering.
    I have other reasons that song rubs me the wrong way.

I understand it perfectly. It's a painfully obvious and contrite throw-away line.
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    What's that song about the two high school sweethearts meeting up in a store and then getting drunk in a car before she drives off? That one is right up there with Christmas Shoes.

Yeah...that one! I HATE it! my mom used to LOVE it and I remember one time going to the grocery store with her and it came on the radio and we sat in the car while she listened/sang it...I love my mom but that was torture!

Do you remember the name of it? I've got to find it on youtube. It is so dreadful and my husband does not believe me that it's a Christmas song.

"Same Auld Lang Syne" -- Dan Fogelberg

I don't think it's that bad.

This song too. My brain melts and dribbles out my ears.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    all Christmas music is horrible...
  • midmomike2
    Options
    all of them! ba humbug!:mad:
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Trans-Siberian Orchestra: Old City Bar.

I HATE that song. It's so bad that it's now become a tradition in our house to listen to it and make fun of the guy singing.
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Baby it's cold outside

YES! No matter who sings it...I hate this one.

Anything that Mariah Carey, Beyonce, or Christina Aguilera butchers makes my "Worst Christmas songs" list, as well.

I love this one! Louis Armstrong and Ella Fitzgerald...sublime.
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Little Drummer Boy
    ^
    I
    I

This times1000
  • luckybunny84
    Options
    Any of the new pop versions of christmas songs and "shake me I rattle"
    And I only listen to christmas music from the 22nd-25th of december if its before or after that I get very grumpy after 5 years of working retail.
  • knight_owl
    Options
    Little Drummer Boy.
    Of Two Bearded Men...ugh kill me now!
    Blue Christmas. though I do like the She&Him version
  • seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Christmas All Over Again - Tom Petty
  • looklikeaskelet0n
    Options
    i definitely agree with those who said little drummer boy. terrible song.
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    What's that song about the two high school sweethearts meeting up in a store and then getting drunk in a car before she drives off? That one is right up there with Christmas Shoes.
    Yeah...that one! I HATE it! my mom used to LOVE it and I remember one time going to the grocery store with her and it came on the radio and we sat in the car while she listened/sang it...I love my mom but that was torture!
    Do you remember the name of it? I've got to find it on youtube. It is so dreadful and my husband does not believe me that it's a Christmas song.
    "Same Auld Lang Syne" -- Dan Fogelberg

I don't think it's that bad.
    Good gravy. How did I miss that one? And it's autobiographical?! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same_Old_Lang_Syne

I don't know if it's his voice, or the lyrics, or what...it drives me crazy. My mother LOVES it.

Sounds like our moms would be GREAT friends LOL!!! I cna not believe I forgot that it was Dan Fogleberg.....ugh!
    Its not THAT bad ......it's not a Christmas song.....they got drunk in the grocery store parking lot on Christmas Eve cuz she dumped her purse on the floor...what the heck does that have to do with Christmas LOL!

I thought ya'll were talking about Christmas Wrapping by the waitresses

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDbu5QfH1-c&feature=related