WORST Christmas songs...

Options

Replies

• Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    What's that song about the two high school sweethearts meeting up in a store and then getting drunk in a car before she drives off? That one is right up there with Christmas Shoes.

That just sounds like a lovely song....
  • CharityEaton
    Options
    What's that song about the two high school sweethearts meeting up in a store and then getting drunk in a car before she drives off? That one is right up there with Christmas Shoes.

Yeah...that one! I HATE it! my mom used to LOVE it and I remember one time going to the grocery store with her and it came on the radio and we sat in the car while she listened/sang it...I love my mom but that was torture!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Madonna's version of Santa Baby annoys the piss out of me!
    Eartha Kitt's is the only version of that song, as far as I'm concerned. purrrrrrrr
  • shrinkingsuccess
    Options
    It's the little St. Nick , by the Beach Boys...........E YUCK!
  • frycase
    Options
    Chipmunks Christmas song
    and me I want a hula hoop

I want a hula hoop too!!!

when I was a kid I actually added a hula hoop to my christmas list based mostly on Alvin's recommendation.

I thought of/agree with several more:

1) Eurythmics version of "Winter Wonderland" (the beginning part is just creepy sounding to me)
    2) "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause" (I think most kids would be more traumatized by thinking their mom was cheating on their dad, and there's no way to explain that away without telling the truth about Santa, which is sad)
    3) "Santa, Baby" (nothing says "Merry Christmas" like demands for expensive gifts in exchange for implied sexual favours!)

I will say though, that, with the exception of the occasional bad cover, I can't seem to get tired of "Last Christmas." Given time and plenty of repitition I'm sure I will, but until then, I'll enjoy it. But then again, I kind of love Wham! in a way that even I don't understand...

(You'd never guess it, but I actually LOVE Christmas...)
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options

Yeah...that one! I HATE it! my mom used to LOVE it and I remember one time going to the grocery store with her and it came on the radio and we sat in the car while she listened/sang it...I love my mom but that was torture!

Do you remember the name of it? I've got to find it on youtube. It is so dreadful and my husband does not believe me that it's a Christmas song.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options

Do you remember the name of it? I've got to find it on youtube. It is so dreadful and my husband does not believe me that it's a Christmas song.

"Same Auld Lang Syne" -- Dan Fogelberg

I don't think it's that bad.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options

oh no you didn't!

I LOVE that song.

Aud Lang Syne
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I have quite a weakness for terrible Christmas songs - I got some really cheap CDs with novelty songs from the 1950's which I quite enjoy. "Christmas in Killarney" anyone? I love the old crooners... But I don't like the cartoony ones like "Snoopy's Christmas" or the Chipmunks etc.

By the way, I don't think anyone needs Michael Buble - just get a cheap Frank Sinatra or Dean Martin CD and you're done! (I love Dean Martin "Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer" when he's obviously plastered and switching some of the lyrics. Great days we won't see again!)
    Love this response! I LOVE the Crooners. My fave is White Christmas by Bing.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options

Good gravy. How did I miss that one? And it's autobiographical?! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same_Old_Lang_Syne
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options

oh no you didn't!

I LOVE that song.

Aud Lang Syne

Yay! I don't feel so dumb any more!
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options

Good gravy. How did I miss that one? And it's autobiographical?! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same_Old_Lang_Syne

I don't know if it's his voice, or the lyrics, or what...it drives me crazy. My mother LOVES it.
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    Madonna's version of Santa Baby annoys the piss out of me!
    Eartha Kitt's is the only version of that song, as far as I'm concerned. purrrrrrrr
    Truth.
  • CharityEaton
    Options

I don't know if it's his voice, or the lyrics, or what...it drives me crazy. My mother LOVES it.

Sounds like our moms would be GREAT friends LOL!!! I cna not believe I forgot that it was Dan Fogleberg.....ugh!
    Its not THAT bad ......it's not a Christmas song.....they got drunk in the grocery store parking lot on Christmas Eve cuz she dumped her purse on the floor...what the heck does that have to do with Christmas LOL!
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    "do they know it's christmas"

THESE lyrics. "Well tonight thank God it's them instead of you"

REALLY? That's awful.

That line always made me shake my head too. Seriously, what the ...
  • ConkreteChic
    ConkreteChic Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    step #1 - google Yorgi Yorgesson...

step #2 - listen to "Yingle Bells" and "I yust go nuts at Christmas"

step #3 - watch your ears bleed

Haha! I grew up listening to Yorgi - thanks grandpa. It's such a part of my Christmas traditions I would really miss it if it weren't playing. However, if I were subjected at this late age, I would probably really hate it. LOL

For my Seattle peeps out there, you know what I'm talkin' about: "Christmas in the Northwest" is the cheesiest, crappiest, smarmiest Christmas song out there. BARF!!!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I dislike Santa Baby and Simply Having a Wonderful Christmastime by Paul McCartney the most.
  • batalina
    batalina Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Simply Having a wonderful Christmas time...UGH
    This makes my ears bleed...

Also, this.

ugggggggh, i have so much hatred for that song. i love sir paul otherwise, but... that is seriously a terrible song. it's like he HAD to make a christmas song, so he pulled that out of his *kitten* in 20 minutes and expected people to ignore how bad it is because of who he is.
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    How could I forget to add. One of the worst Christmas songs ever:

Wizzard's "I Wish it Could Be Christmas Everyday."

With an amazingly creepy, horribly lip-synched perfomance to go with it, resplendent with apathetic children: http://youtu.be/ZoxQ4Ul_DME
  • batalina
    batalina Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Sounds like our moms would be GREAT friends LOL!!! I cna not believe I forgot that it was Dan Fogleberg.....ugh!
    Its not THAT bad ......it's not a Christmas song.....they got drunk in the grocery store parking lot on Christmas Eve cuz she dumped her purse on the floor...what the heck does that have to do with Christmas LOL!

it's what they call "a slice of life"! it doesn't really have to mean anything, it's like... "here's something that happened, the end"