FOR THE LADIES! Time of the MONTH Question..

Options
13»

Replies

• jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    , do you continue working out that day or do you take it off as a rest day?

yours is one day?

For the pain yes just one day, but the whole thing nope... about for days.
    but i take these pills that my uncle gave me which helps stop the pain in 10 mins.. but my period does continue to come normally. I LOVE THE PILLS!

Oh btw lol my uncles a doctor so he's not some unprofessional person giving his niece "Drugs"

So don't keep the good stuff to yourself lol What kind of pills are they? Normally I'm popping pills every hour for some relief and nothing seems to work.

HAHA you so funny! :) okay there's two of them that works the same. One of them is called Synflex which apparently here in nz they dont sell anymore the last time i went to my doctor.. or the ones im using which totally works the same :) is called NAPRPXEN 500MG PILLS! they the best after 20 mins of taking two tablets, my stomach doesn't hurt anymore :) try them and let me know.

Naproxen is aleve. You can achieve the same effect by taking two-three aleve. :)
  • xginanax
    xginanax Posts: 333 Member
    Options

yours is one day?

but i take these pills that my uncle gave me which helps stop the pain in 10 mins.. but my period does continue to come normally. I LOVE THE PILLS!

Oh btw lol my uncles a doctor so he's not some unprofessional person giving his niece "Drugs"

Well, I don't have any severe pain with mine. Are you on any type of birth control? I've heard it usually makes it better.

NOO!!!! never ever take birth control, it will F up your period. and BIRTH CONTROL is a no no too (on my list anyways because it makes you actually gain weight. i Know few of my friends ever since they started taking birth control they ended up gaining weight.)

but the pills that i take now to help with period pain is called "NAPROXEN TABLETS 500MG) THEY ARE THE BEST AND ANYONE CAN TAKE THEM! :)

It's great you posted this! I actually had a GYN appointment yesterday and this (birth control) was one of our topics because I am so heavy, last 7 days, retain water and the pain is unbearable. What she said to me was great and it's that everyones body is different so therefore everyone's symptom to the particular birth control they are using will be different than the next. I'm going to try it and see if it helps. If I experience any weight gain or anything else I will let her know the symptoms so she will know to change the birth control to something else.

You should give it a try. If you gain weight then just change the type of birth control you are using. Remember eveyone body is different so everyones reaction will not be the same as the next.

thanks for that :) but so far i have come across those pills i just mentioned that work.. but if they ever dont then ill consider this :P
  • Shaneekwa
    Shaneekwa Posts: 130 Member
    Options

yours is one day?

So don't keep the good stuff to yourself lol What kind of pills are they? Normally I'm popping pills every hour for some relief and nothing seems to work.

HAHA you so funny! :) okay there's two of them that works the same. One of them is called Synflex which apparently here in nz they dont sell anymore the last time i went to my doctor.. or the ones im using which totally works the same :) is called NAPRPXEN 500MG PILLS! they the best after 20 mins of taking two tablets, my stomach doesn't hurt anymore :) try them and let me know.

Thanks I will be stopping at a pharmacy today to pick them up. I don't get my cousin red until a few days but I won't to make sure I have it on standby. I will let you know the outcome lol :happy:
  • xginanax
    Options

yours is one day?

Naproxen is aleve. You can achieve the same effect by taking two-three aleve. :)

Oh yeah i know :P but for now i got these pills once they finish .. ill give them a try see if they make any difference even though they basically same thing lol
  • xginanax
    Options

yours is one day?

Thanks I will be stopping at a pharmacy today to pick them up. I don't get my cousin red until a few days but I won't to make sure I have it on standby. I will let you know the outcome lol :happy:

WOOHO! yep diffidently let me know. I hope it does work for you. I know my mother and sister tried them and they said it worked for them so i started hiding my pills so they wouldn't finish it lol :)
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options

yours is one day?

Again, you can just take 3 aleve.
  • xginanax
    Options

yours is one day?

Again, you can just take 3 aleve.

Yes yes I will next time i get it. :) Unless i take those now too and end up probably dying ahahahahaha!
  • Lucia_Armstrong1973
    Options
    I've tried several different types of birth control and pills never made me gain weight, but with the Depo shot I gained 70 pounds! My appetite was out of control with that, seemed like I was always starving even when I was so full I was nauseous. So, as some have already said, it depends on you, we're all different.
    I've noticed too though that with age my cycle, and PMS symptoms have all changed. My shoulders hurt now, which makes weight bearing exercises difficult, and the first day I cramp really badly. Any exercise on the first day is out of the question, but from day 2 on, it's right back to normal (including weight)
  • Shaneekwa
    Shaneekwa Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I've tried several different types of birth control and pills never made me gain weight, but with the Depo shot I gained 70 pounds! My appetite was out of control with that, seemed like I was always starving even when I was so full I was nauseous. So, as some have already said, it depends on you, we're all different.
    I've noticed too though that with age my cycle, and PMS symptoms have all changed. My shoulders hurt now, which makes weight bearing exercises difficult, and the first day I cramp really badly. Any exercise on the first day is out of the question, but from day 2 on, it's right back to normal (including weight)

I was also on the Depo shot way back in the day and that is when I began gaining all my weight. Even though I been off for over 10 years it's been hard to get back to where I was (or close to it). I will definitely not recommended anyone get the depo...not unless they weigh 50 pounds or something lol
  • Lucia_Armstrong1973
    Options

I was also on the Depo shot way back in the day and that is when I began gaining all my weight. Even though I been off for over 10 years it's been hard to get back to where I was (or close to it). I will definitely not recommended anyone get the depo...not unless they weigh 50 pounds or something lol

It's funny. My niece has been on it for over two years now, and she consistently loses weight, and this girl eats EVERYTHING in sight!
  • juganaut
    juganaut Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    because i've cut sugar out of my diet, my period pain is minimal. i still go to the gym and smash it.