Over 200 Club Week 4 (open group)

Replies

• Just weighing in for yesterday. I lost about .6 lbs for week 3, so my current weight is now 200.4. Considering last weekend, I'm happy with that.

As for walking, today I did 30 minutes with Leslie Sansone's 2 mile Walk & Tone.
  • jcpm98
    jcpm98 Posts: 114
    I only did 30 minutes for yesterday 2/21 and hopefully I will get more in today, renovating my house and it is taking up most of my time!!:grumble:
  • jocelynnbug
    jocelynnbug Posts: 78 Member
    2/21 i only did 20 minutes of walking eek
  • For anyone who likes to snack at the movie theater . . .

My kids and I are headed to the movies this afternoon, and since I can never say "no" to popcorn, I've eaten pretty light today and did some research online in hopes of justifying this tasty treat. Here's what I found out about calorie counts for favorite movie theater snacks. I've inserted a few comments in [ ]. Maybe I'll forgo the pop corn this time! :sad:

From Fitsugar.com:
    Large Buttered Popcorn (20 cups): 1500 calories, 116g fat, 90g carbs
    :smile: [this actually works out to75 calories & 5.8 g of fat & 4.5 carbs per cup - not too bad] :smile:
    Hot Dog (1 dog with bun): 305 calories, 4.5g fat, 23g carbs
    Nachos with Cheese (large, 4 oz): 1101 calories, 59g fat, 131.5g carbs
    Soft Pretzel (large): 483 calories, 4.5g fat, 99g carbs
    [I almost got one of these at the ice rink last night! Whew, glad I didn't!]
    Cotton Candy (2.5 oz): 300 calories, 0g fat, 74g carbs
    Junior Mints (3 oz): 320 calories, 5g fat, 68g carbs
    Milk Duds (3 oz): 340 calories, 12g fat, 56g carbs
    Sno-Caps (3.1 oz): 360 calories, 16g fat, 60g carbs
    Raisinets (3.5 oz): 380 calories, 16g fat, 64g carbs
    Gummi Bears (4 oz): 390 calories, 0g fat, 90g carbs
    Goobers (3.5 oz): 525 calories, 35g fat, 55g carbs
    Twizzlers (6 oz): 600 calories, 4g fat, 136g carbs
    M&M's (5.3 oz): 735 calories, 31.5g fat, 105g carbs
    Skittles (6.75 oz): 765 calories, 9g fat, 166.5g carbs
    Reese's Pieces (8 oz): 1200 calories, 60g fat, 138g carbs
    Starburst (24 pieces): 480 calories, 10.5g fat, 99g carbs
    Coca-Cola with ice (large, 3 pints, 18.9 fl oz): 353 calories, 0g fat, 88.4g carbs
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    02/22/2009
    Walked for 120 minutes!!
    I feel great 220's here I come.
  • jhacker
    jhacker Posts: 301 Member
    I would love to join! I will be walking later today!:flowerforyou:
  • 02/22/2009
    Walked for 120 minutes!!

Wow! That's impressive! Keep up the great work!
  • purrrr
    purrrr Posts: 1,073
    walked 25mins early in the morning, it's really not easy when snowing... i hope i have at least lost extra energy from trying to balance my huge body over the snow and the ice on the street :grumble:
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    02/22/2009
    Walked for 120 minutes!!

Thanks I am really pushing myself this week!!!
  • pegm
    pegm Posts: 119 Member
    I walked for 120 minutes today (sunday)... awestfall.. you inspired me so today was the day, during the week I don't have as much time, but usually do at least an hour. Have a great week all!

Walk away those pounds:drinker:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    WTG!! everyone on the walking!!!
    45minutes of walking for me today:flowerforyou:
  • 02/22/2009
    Walked for 120 minutes!!

Thanks I am really pushing myself this week!!!

Way to go!!
  • I walked for 120 minutes today (sunday)... awestfall.. you inspired me so today was the day, during the week I don't have as much time, but usually do at least an hour. Have a great week all!

Walk away those pounds:drinker:

Awestfall is inspiring. You are, too, Pegm! I don't know that I can keep up with that, but I've got 30 minutes of walking plus strength training (that really gets my heart rate going) planned for later on today. Woo hoo!
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    I was travelling today, which actually made walking easy! I was walking all over the airport. And I even skipped the moving walkway and walked the whole way by myself! Not sure how much I will be on this week since I am away from home, but I will check in when I can.

Have a great week everyone.
  • Just checking in. Yesterday (Sunday), I walked for 30 minutes and then did a hour of cardio strength training.

Have a great day, everybody!
  • I was travelling today, which actually made walking easy! I was walking all over the airport. And I even skipped the moving walkway and walked the whole way by myself! Not sure how much I will be on this week since I am away from home, but I will check in when I can.

Have a great week everyone.

Airports are a great place to get in lots of walking and, if you're trying to make a tight connection, it's a great place to get your heart rate up! Good for you for skipping the moving walkway! It's good choices like that that will help you reach your goal. Have a great trip!
  • ricksnaustin
    ricksnaustin Posts: 439 Member
    Hey!!! I weighed in at 232 this morning. Do I qualify? I need friends and a group to belong in. :happy:
  • pegm
    pegm Posts: 119 Member
    Welcome Rick, this is an awesome group.... very supportive and encouraging! This is the 4th week of our 4 week challenge and we will be setting new goals and continuing on. This week's challenge is walking and posting your time. Welcome again!
  • purrrr
    purrrr Posts: 1,073
    snow has kinda melted, just walked 120mins - to and from a distant store + some walking inside while shopping... i normally have a lot of free time and walk for something small to the farthest shop possible :laugh: planning to buy soy milk from an even more distant store tomorrow :drinker:
  • abagwill
    abagwill Posts: 222
    Woo hoo you are all doing SO fabulous with this challenge! I did a lot of walking this weekend but I seriously don't know exactly how many minutes so I will just round it to 30 ( which I probably did more) but I don't want to give myself too much credit! hahaha

I am excited that we are already at week 4! This week we will definately reassess where we are and I want your suggestions on what types of challenges you would like to see. All suggestions are welcome!

Anyone do something great this weekend! I saw that awestfall was super excited and kicked but with the challenge! I kept it low key this weekend...