Aww what my comment got deleted?? o.O
    Can't stick up for Iowa I guess :laugh:

Oh you're from Iowa, I'm sorry :wink:
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Aww what my comment got deleted?? o.O
    Can't stick up for Iowa I guess :laugh:
    Hey, at least the Iowa hate got deleted.

Spent three days in DSM, and loved it. Rube's, Miller High Life Lounge and Royal Mile! Folks were as friendly as could be too. Great vibe.
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I think it is what works for each individual. The OP sounded like they were just wanting opinions on what works for each person, not arguing over who is right and who is wrong. Not everyone has this down to a science, not even the Dr.'s nutritionists, dieticians, ect., ect., (Different nutritionists and dieticians will say something different, like the constant ads of different ways to excersice that will lead to weight loss better than the other). In the END, it is what works for each person....I rotate, some days smaller meals, other days one or two larger ones, depends on my agenda. :bigsmile:
  • Russellb97
    Russellb97 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I think it is what works for each individual. The OP sounded like they were just wanting opinions on what works for each person, not arguing over who is right and who is wrong. Not everyone has this down to a science, not even the Dr.'s nutritionists, dieticians, ect., ect., (Different nutritionists and dieticians will say something different, like the constant ads of different ways to excersice that will lead to weight loss better than the other). In the END, it is what works for each person....I rotate, some days smaller meals, other days one or two larger ones, depends on my agenda. :bigsmile:

I've ran into several Doctors and Dietitians that get it, some of them told me that they are high pressured into giving the same old speech even if it's not what they believe.

It's like a modern version of Galileo, trying to tell the church the Earth revolves around the Sun.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Completely true about the dietitians. I see it all the time as a dietetics major.
    Many dietetics are looking out for society. Correlation studies show that eating breakfast causes many people to consume less calories through the day. So to give a blanket statement is more looking out for society then the individual.
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I skip breakfast every day, I don't care for it, and would rather save my calories for something else. I have also been doing IF - the Eat Stop Eat method.. I stop eating for 24 hours twice a week, and have a small meal afterward. Then the other days I just eat when I am hungry and don't stress about getting a deficit. This works for me. I do not believe in the 6 small meals a day stuff, nor do I believe eating all your calories in one sitting is a bad thing. The deficit is what counts. I think it's fine, just do what works for you. Don't think you need to keep putting food in your mouth to keep your metabolism going, your metabolism chugs along just fine without it.
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I think as long as your netting an appropriate amount of calories for your age/height/gender who gives a RATS A** about when you eat them? Some days I eat a lot in the morning and just lightly graze over the day. Some days I eat evenly. Some days I don't eat all day and have a big nutritious dinner.

Chillax people, our bodies have been using food for energy for a long time. As long as we give them what they need, they'll know what to do with it.