When I'm alone I like to...

Options

Replies

• littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    My husband travels on business quite a bit, so I'm usually alone several days a week. I don't feel like cooking when he's away, so two things I always do when I'm alone are 1) eat cheese and pre-packaged meals for dinner and 2) do extra-long/tough workouts to burn it off! I also watch lots of movies and TV shows he hates - America's Next Top Model, Once Upon a Time, Bridget Jones Diary, Love Actually, Devil Wears Prada, etc. And... I wear grubby pajama pants and put my hair up in a messy bun with chopsticks. I have also been known to carry on extensive conversations with my dogs. As you can see, I really live it up when I'm alone.

Story of my life. My boyfriend works nights and I'm either in class or at work during the day. So, when I'm alone (and not doing homework) I love reading or watching chick TV/movies. I spent more time with and probably talk to my 2 cats more than I do with anyone else. And I save looking cute for other days. Cooking I'm still working on even when he is home, oops. The one alone indulgence I miss lost is bubble baths. Our house doesn't have a tub :grumble:
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Sing really loudly and dance around like a maniac. I'm not half bad at either :-P

I'll also make up ridiculous songs (usually about my dog) and sing them to him.
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    well, i have ALOT of alone time... i know this is lame, but i usually go on the computer :/ or exercise. sometimes i talk on the phone.. wow.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    if I'm really alone without my partner at home with me (which is rare), I usually sing to myself and dance badly around the house. Or I do the same thing I do when she IS around which is sit pantsless in my recliner, surfing the net on my laptop.
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    I'm really into handstand pushups lately.
  • cjpg
    cjpg Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Kill brain cells on SA, Reddit and QuickMeme.

What time does the narwhal bacon? :P
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I <3 purple.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    rock out! walk around naked lol
  • Clever_Girl
    Options
    Pants off. Pour a glass of wine. Radio Up. Jump on the table. Have a concert. Fact.
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Blast Tenacious D and try with all my might to harmonize with the mighty Jack Black as loud and as operatic as I please! My landlords likely are sick of this by now. Haha.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I like to lay in bed, watch old TV shows and snack :D

What a healthy habit! Good thing I have a roommate and am rarely alone...
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Usually dance since my family finds it hysterical when I do it around them.

Also, play video games. I can get my game on when no one else is around expecting me to do stuff for them.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    The one alone indulgence I miss lost is bubble baths. Our house doesn't have a tub :grumble:

I don't have a tub, either! I have told my husband many, many times that a large, garden-style tub with whirlpool jets is *non-negotiable* in our next house. We currently have a giant double walk-in shower... that I hate! LOL
  • MissSharkattack
    MissSharkattack Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Watch Star Trek TOS :3
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    With 4 kids I am rarely ever alone....first thing I do is grab my little red rocket. Then usually watch HGTV or TLC.

Does the HGTV come after the rocket, or are DIY projects a turn on?

No, after. Although there are some really hot guys on HGTV.
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    The one alone indulgence I miss lost is bubble baths. Our house doesn't have a tub :grumble:

I don't have a tub, either! I have told my husband many, many times that a large, garden-style tub with whirlpool jets is *non-negotiable* in our next house. We currently have a giant double walk-in shower... that I hate! LOL

Lol, I've said very similar before. Our next house has to have a large tub where I can light my candles, sip a drink and read. Currently we have a little walk in and a TINY tub that doesn't deserve to be called that. It's a little oval. Really?! My shoulders hit the sides before my back does and the water starts draining before I'm covered. But I can't blame him. I wasn't around when he bought it. And don't get me started on the kitchen.... Hehe, sorry about the rant. :blushing:
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Aw man - so some of my grad courses meet online in a "digital" classroom. We all sign in for synchronous sessions (we have headsets... we're pretty awesome).

Anyhow, when I'm by myself for class (well, this one required, very dry course) I seriously sit in some comfy shorts and a sports bra with my beer. I have class on in the background while I play Super Mario World on Super Nintendo. Grad school is awesome

Hot, smart, loves beer and old school video games.

I think I'm in love! :tongue:
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I play Skyrim :P
  • ktanderson05
    ktanderson05 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I dance and sing with my two chihuahuas =]
    Yeah my 2 dogs and I have a weird bond when no one is home. I talk to them differently, and they are just absolutely spoiled. It is sad but I honestly think I would be okay with just having my dogs. Unfortunately there is a husband who is around too! :)
  • Angelie28
    Angelie28 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I also belong to the no pants group...If I'm alone I don't have to impress anybody

Blasting music and running around my house in my underwear all while copying really dirty dance moves learned in the club by really "lovely" girls

^ but hey who are we kidding that can also happen after a couple of shots lol