Hangover breakfast!

Options

Replies

• Rosbrook1985
    Rosbrook1985 Posts: 130 Member
    Options

Oh, and andie: what you Brits call biscuits are cookies here. US biscuits are more like a British scone. Flour, fat, baking powder, salt.

plain_biscuit.jpg

I am sooooooo glad someone asked that. I was imagining chocolate divestives with bisto gravy and eggs on top! That would actually make me run for the toilet!
  • Rosbrook1985
    Rosbrook1985 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    A Bacon Martini !!!!!!!! Hair of the dog and bacon grease, what could be better :love:

baconmartini.jpg

oh my sweet jesus. What on earth is that made out of?
  • marnijojo
    marnijojo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    From my experience with scones (american style) (and I love them, btw), I am not sure I would compare them to a biscuit. Of course, I am not being very helpful here, because I don't have a better alternative to offer! :)

To OP: I have not had a hangover that does not respond to a fully leaded soda - no diet, caffeine free stuff (Pepsi, is my drug of choice). Of course, quantities will vary.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    A Bacon Martini !!!!!!!! Hair of the dog and bacon grease, what could be better :love:

baconmartini.jpg

oh my sweet jesus. What on earth is that made out of?

http://baconmartini.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacon_martini :drinker:
  • marnijojo
    Options
    From my experience with scones (american style) (and I love them, btw), I am not sure I would compare them to a biscuit. Of course, I am not being very helpful here, because I don't have a better alternative to offer! :)

I had to satisfy my curiosity, so I consulted with a Brit here in my office. According to her, the Brits do not have an equivalent to the American biscuit and the biscuit in her opinion is 'just wrong'. :)

She did offer her opinion on a hangover cure, though...her 'go to' when at university was marmite on toast. And apparently, you can get marmite at HyVee - even in the middle of rural Nebraska - who knew?!?!
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    381174_2480691170391_1045898772_2589374_1519804506_n-1.jpg

............sorry, but that looks like barf on a plate...........I think it would be impossible to eat the "day after" :noway: :noway:
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    In my region of the US, this is a scone:

Scones6.jpg

A light, fluffy treat made from fried bread dough, often served with honey butter. Very similar to a sopapilla in the Southwest.
  • SZewski
    SZewski Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    egg mcmuffin 300 calories
  • stcar
    stcar Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    egg mcmuffin 300 calories
    this is perfection in hangover food....next to kraft dinner of course!
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    I would most certainly hit it.
  • jrcox520
    jrcox520 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Don't get me wrong guys, I love bacon and eggs and sausage and sausage and gravy and all that fatty stuff as much as the next guy BUT- when you've been eating really well for a while, adding in a load of saturated fats with 50 million mgs of sodium isn't going to do anything real for the hangover. Your mouth and soul may like it, but your body might end up sicker than it already is. The day after drinking (when I don't cave to the fat monster myself,) I try to have a couple of scrambled eggs with milk and toast, and a small amount of fresh fruit or fruit juice (whole fruit is better.) The thing is, its easy to completely let go, but in addition to possibly feeling sicker, all that fatty crap will likely be stored as your body is still burning off alcohol calories since it can't store them. If you're okay with a setback of that magnitude (and I am, sometimes,) by all means. If you want to nurse a hangover, light and balanced is the way to go IMO.

Oh, also - Muscle Milk is AMAZING on hungover days. Drink a tall glass of water before you go to bed, then one of these when you wake up. I swear by this stuff. I literally felt my hangover dissipate in a 10 minute time span once after drinking one of these. Truth.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Not healthy, but delicious.
    The night before, make some kolaches. Easy to eat, hot or cold, but fatty and filling. Yum.

Pillsbury Crescent rolls - the bigger kind
    Angus hot dogs (ball park, etc)
    Shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 400. Cut the hot dogs in half. Season with italian seasoning (oregano, etc, nothing salty, already salty enough)
    Bake the half-dogs in the oven for about 5-8 minutes. Let them cool off.

After cooled, put them on the crescent, sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese, and roll 'em up. If you're feeling frisky you can add some pickled jalapenos, or press them into the tops of the rolls with some more shredded cheese (why not, it's already bad for you)

Bake 'em for 12-14 minutes, I usually kick on the broiler and watch them CLOSELY for the last minute or two because I like mine to hold up and not be pale on top.

Make plenty, everyone will want 2 or 3. :P
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    What's a hangover? I'll have to try and get one someday but then I'd have to break my one bottle of Scotch limit.

I hear that Ginger tea helps
  • hillm12345
    hillm12345 Posts: 313 Member
    Options

Seriously, I incorporate a "free day" where anything goes, including food intake to battle a hangover.

I'm with this.. my favorite hangover meal is a 10 piece chicken nugget large fry and a diet coke from McDonald's.
    With that said... I'm usually not eating anything else that day.

Have fun!
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Wow, these posts never cease to amaze me.

I thought the whole point of joining this site was to become HEALTHIER. I guess not. Too many people on this site that are just here to lose weight and from things I have been reading - not too many people are looking to do that.

You might as well go to the nearest waffle house and get eggs, bacon and those gross hash browns to wallow in your hangover agony.

Good Luck.

maybe you should realize that this is not a DIET but a LIFESTYLE change and MY lifestyle includes drinking. while YOURS may not, keep your nose out of MY life...and the OPs life and anyone else whose life doesnt fit YOUR world...i dont live in yorus, stay the *kitten* out of mine .

Nicely put! I totally agree, glad someone else said it...this is a lifestyle change for me too, I thoroughly enjoy my happy hour and I am still getting healthy regardless!
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    Not healthy, but delicious.
    The night before, make some kolaches. Easy to eat, hot or cold, but fatty and filling. Yum.

Pillsbury Crescent rolls - the bigger kind
    Angus hot dogs (ball park, etc)
    Shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 400. Cut the hot dogs in half. Season with italian seasoning (oregano, etc, nothing salty, already salty enough)
    Bake the half-dogs in the oven for about 5-8 minutes. Let them cool off.

After cooled, put them on the crescent, sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese, and roll 'em up. If you're feeling frisky you can add some pickled jalapenos, or press them into the tops of the rolls with some more shredded cheese (why not, it's already bad for you)

Bake 'em for 12-14 minutes, I usually kick on the broiler and watch them CLOSELY for the last minute or two because I like mine to hold up and not be pale on top.

Make plenty, everyone will want 2 or 3. :P
    Pigs in a Blanket! Excellent idea!
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I hit it hard!
    I would most certainly hit it.
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Wow, these posts never cease to amaze me.

I thought the whole point of joining this site was to become HEALTHIER. I guess not. Too many people on this site that are just here to lose weight and from things I have been reading - not too many people are looking to do that.

You might as well go to the nearest waffle house and get eggs, bacon and those gross hash browns to wallow in your hangover agony.

Good Luck.

Buzzkill.

lol....I love that word!!:bigsmile:
  • marnijojo
    Options
    In my region of the US, this is a scone:

Scones6.jpg

A light, fluffy treat made from fried bread dough, often served with honey butter. Very similar to a sopapilla in the Southwest.

While that looks quite tasty, that is definitely not what scones are in the midwest. Our scones are a heavy flour and buttermilk concoction with a slightly sweet taste. Fruit such as blueberries, raisins or cranberries are often incorporated. Some top with jelly of some sort, but I like mine plain. Very interesting, tho.
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with the egg mcmuffin suggestion. Not terrible in calories. Hell, you could even eat two if you needed.

Good luck and have a great time!