Summer 2009 WILL Be Different Challenge!

Replies

• yeahbuddy
    yeahbuddy Posts: 409
    155.6 for me this week.
  • eri1mani
    eri1mani Posts: 42
    I gained a pound :noway: :huh: :noway:

I did get my workouts in for the week (took today off) Didnt get in as much water per day as I should have, it is my TOM, so hope a week from now brings better news:embarassed:
  • suprjewels
    suprjewels Posts: 507
    :grumble: I forgot to weigh before I ate. I was up 4 pounds. I workout 2x a day 5 days a week. I'm so frustrated. I'm hoping I'll remember to weigh when I wake up and it will be atleast the same as last week. GRRRR!!!!!:grumble:
  • Hello Everyone,

I'm posting two weights from today....This morning I weighed in at 170.2 lbs but tonight after kickboxing I weighed in at 175.0 lbs. Its probably due to a heavy supper plus the water I drank at kickboxing. For this challenge I'm saying that I have gained weight since last week. I had a really bad week ate too many chips, I quess. Hopefully next week will be better.

Luck good on next weeks challenge and to eating right this weekend.
  • TamaraRR
    TamaraRR Posts: 93 Member
    i did really bad today, i think its cuz i had such a good weigh in this morning, i ate really bad foods, and had all my calories gone pretty much by 2, except for 200. n then i used those around 5:30, but im starving so im eating again :S
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    So I only lost .2 which sux but I only worked out 2 days and I know that's what did it. I'm out of my slump starting today though and that already feels great! It WILL be a better week.

Start 163
    wk 1 162.6
    wk 2 161.2
    wk 3 161
  • destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Ok I want in.
    3-5 Starting weight for challenge 155.5
    3-12 Goal 153 Actual 157.5 (I have no clue why! Maybe my period, I was good all week)
    3-19 Goal 151 Actual 157 (Still no idea, my body is being difficult, still trying though)
    3-26 Goal 149 Actual
    4-2 Goal 147 Actual
    4-9 Goal 145 Actual
    4-16 Goal 143 Actual
    4-23 Goal 141 Actual
    4-30 Goal 139 Actual
  • Is it too late to be in? :embarassed:
  • smithiekat
    smithiekat Posts: 112 Member
    SW: 164
    3/5/09: 162
    3/12/09: 160.5
    3/19/09: 160.5 aka same as last week. . . .

but i wishwishwish i had been measuring! i know i've lost inches especially in my tummy section and i'm finding all sorts of new places to build muscle (and be really really sore the next day---like above my boobs and below my shoulders?).

so here's to next week--hoping all our bodies are adjusting happily to our new healthier ways of life! :drinker: :drinker:

also, on the subject of water :drinker: , one of my yoga instructors mentioned that the average person should be drinking 1/2 their weight in lbs. . . in ounces (so for me, 80.25 ounces of water per day). but that that does not include drinking more to compensate for exercise. so i guess everyone agrees. . . . :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: drink up!
  • mehapp
    mehapp Posts: 132
    2/26 192
    3/5 190
    3/12 190
    3/19 189

You guys are the best. We just have to keep moving on.
  • yeahbuddy
    yeahbuddy Posts: 409
    Good evening. Well, last week was really tough for me, too. I got sick and just didn't have any energy to eat right or exercise. But, I'm back on track with the food at least. Tomorrow I will go back to the gym and will try to add 10 minutes to my hour.

Hope this is a better week for everyone. Looking forward to this weeks' challenges.
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Is it too late to be in? :embarassed:

its never too late to be in! :flowerforyou:

i will post this weeks challneges in the afternoon, gotta go to classes now :smile:

stick with it guys, will post/read posts laters :blushing:
  • l_mahloy
    l_mahloy Posts: 118
    Hi didn't lose the last two weeks but didn't gain either considering I spent a week at the beach and my mom is in the hospital this week I am thankful that I didn't gain.:ohwell: :drinker:
  • kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    No WI in this week tom is here :smile: hopefully next week there will be some changes i really want to be out of the 140's !
  • kfeuvrel
    kfeuvrel Posts: 89 Member
    So I was whiny about not losing pounds this week, but I did take my measurements last night, and my neck was down another 3/4" and my waist was down another 1".

This made me feel MUCH better that all the working out I'm doing is changing my body. Since I've started MFP I've lost 2" in my waist!!! So today I'm wearing the black pants I bought from Steinmart one year ago that have never fit - and they button!!!! Happy Dance!

It's soooooo hard to stay on track when life is throwing you curve balls, but just keep on logging meals, and putting in as much exercise time as you can, and we will all see results.

Keep the challenges coming Realta!
    Kathryn
  • I dug out my capri pants yesterday. They were way too tight at the end of the summer and now they fit and are actually a bit loose - yeah me!!! :blushing:

My knee is coming along after injuring it 4 weeks ago & the physiotherapist said today I could start biking.

I went for an hour walk today and did an upper body workout today. :happy:

I finally started yoga again on Wednesday. I did a 20 min video. I wish you could bottle the feeling you get after a workout so you would remember it and want to do it. I :heart: the way I feel when I've been doing yoga for awhile: more calm and more flexible. You'd think that would be enough to make me do it on a regular basis...lol
  • Is it too late to be in? :embarassed:

its never too late to be in! :flowerforyou:

i will post this weeks challneges in the afternoon, gotta go to classes now :smile:

stick with it guys, will post/read posts laters :blushing:

Ok, yay!

I just started, so here are my measurements:

140 lbs
    5'5"
    Goal: 130

I'm trying to go to the gym 3-4 times a week, and it says I need to eat 1220 calories a day. I hope I can do this! My goal is Memorial Day weekend.
  • réalta
    good afternoon!

how are we all doing? so i was thinking about my CHECK IN goal for 30th April, i have decided that i would like to hit the 160's anyway, not going to pressure myself, im not doing too good with the deadlines, and also i have a size 14 (uk sizes) black shirt that i want to be able to wear out! lol it just about closes, but cant wear it out like that, so i would like to fit into that properly

did you all decide on your 30th April CHECK IN goal this last week? :wink:

i was thinking that we could just do some motivation this week, instead of challenges :flowerforyou:

1. for all of those who have lost some weight, can you work out what percentage of weight loss you have lost forever! :wink: so, i started off at 218, and i have lost a total of 44 pounds, so i have lost 20.18%, talk about motivation! whoohoo! so that got me thinking, if i can lose that much weight, i KNOW that i can lose more! so everyone calculate what you have lost so far, it can be really motivating

2. also, look at all the things you are doing differently from before you started to be healthy and realise the changes that you have made, i was climbing stairs today that didnt leave me out of breath, before christmas i was out of breath every day on those stairs, my fitness level must have imrpoved, that was a great feeling, also hubby said that im not eating as much junk as i was before, i still have my little chocolate cravings, but i havent bought a GIANT bar of choocie in a LONG time! :blushing:

also if you want to do any of the challenges from the other weeks that you didnt quite reach, let us know how you get on with them this week, im going to try really hard to exercise more :blushing:

Happy Friday everyone! :drinker:

this summer WILL be different!! :heart:
  • I am one day late but want to join. I currently weight 197 and have 50 lbs to lose ...Hello everyone!
  • réalta
    I am one day late but want to join. I currently weight 197 and have 50 lbs to lose ...Hello everyone!

welcome to the challenge! :flowerforyou: hope you are having a great Friday! :drinker:
This discussion has been closed.