Summer 2009 WILL Be Different Challenge!

Options

Replies

• cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Had a MUCH better day today...i think my mini-roadtrip got me off schedule and I ended up relaxing my diet after that.....

But today was a good one..worked out...ate well...yay! My friend made a "you look thinner" comment today which was FANTASTIC :heart: :happy: :heart:

31345.png
    [/url]

Isn't it awesome when that happens?!? Congratulations!!! :drinker:
  • blueyed_blond
    blueyed_blond Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Had a MUCH better day today...i think my mini-roadtrip got me off schedule and I ended up relaxing my diet after that.....

But today was a good one..worked out...ate well...yay! My friend made a "you look thinner" comment today which was FANTASTIC :heart: :happy: :heart:

31345.png
    [/url]

Isn't it awesome when that happens?!? Congratulations!!! :drinker:

Thanks! It really motivated me to keep going :happy:

31345.png
    [/url]
  • whatabelighter
    Options
    Weekends seems to be a downfall for almost everyone...I know it is for me. Last Saturday, I kept saying to myself that I wasn't going to eat junk...but guess what..I DID..I started to make chocolate molds for my son's birthday party...one broken chocolate lead to another and so on...I don't think that this weekend is going to be much better...the birthday party is this weekend..there is going to be lots of junk around. I have to make this week count..i guess...

I went to the gym tonight....did 30 minutes on the arctrainer, 20 minutes of strenght training and 10 minutes of abs.

~ I just calculated my pentage of weight lost: 15.0%
    ~ I used to have knee problems, since joining the gym and losing the weight...not a problem anymore
    ~ Couldn't play with my children for a long period of time, but now I can
    ~ Clothes that a friend gave me two years ago (at the time it was to small or tight) now they are the right size or too big

For anyone who is keeping up with their challenges ~~~Good Luck!
  • Lauren328
    Options
    lauren,

oh, and i forgot. I was getting dizzy and kind of anxious between meals too until I upped my water intake considerably. I keep a big jug of water with a slice of lemon in it near me all the time and it's really helped. I think I was getting more dehydrated before than anything...just didn't know it. good luck

Thanks, that's helpful! I really need to drink more water. It's so expensive, though! I refuse to drink the tap water in our building, and the cooler is two flights up, so I can't always go up there every hour during work. :/
  • kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Afternoon everyone! Its so hard to get back in to the flow of things once you have not logged on for awhile im trying though! Heres to this weeks weigh in :drinker:
  • phetzgetfit
    Options
    lauren, you might try investing in a brita or other brand water filter pitcher. I too quit doing bottled water cause it was so expensive and because of all the plastic i was helping to send to our landfills. I now filter water, pour it into glass juice jars I keep in the refig and add a slice of lemon to them because that makes me love the taste. Then, when I need a bottle to go, I just fill up my stainless steel water bottle with lemon water from the refrig and go. good luck!
  • cloverluv
    Options
    lauren, you might try investing in a brita or other brand water filter pitcher. I too quit doing bottled water cause it was so expensive and because of all the plastic i was helping to send to our landfills. I now filter water, pour it into glass juice jars I keep in the refig and add a slice of lemon to them because that makes me love the taste. Then, when I need a bottle to go, I just fill up my stainless steel water bottle with lemon water from the refrig and go. good luck!

I can't agree more. I have to admit though...I still buy bottled water for a quick take when I run out. Mostly convenience. But the fact that I have my Pur at home just makes it easier for me to just pour it out of the fridge. Before I was spending about 25 dollars a month on water and now I spend about 5. Totally worth it! :flowerforyou:
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    yea, me 2, i have a water filter built into my fridge, so i refill my bottles every day before i go out, i hate buying more plastic bottles

:flowerforyou:
  • blueyed_blond
    Options
    Daily Check in: calories good, exercise could of been better...i canceled my workout plan after a friend called and suggested a walk instead.....so i didn't do an intense workout like I planned...BUT we did walk to a store and I got a new necklace :tongue: So could have been a worse day :glasses:

Weigh-in day is sooo close :noway:

31345.png
    [/url]
  • soon2bgaudet
    Options
    Had a great past couple days. Stayed within my requirements food wise and went to the gym both days. Feeling really good about myself....a co-worker called me skinny today! haha! Imagine that. I know that she was just trying to be nice, but it sure felt great to hear her say it. That is what pushed me to go to the gym today instead of driving home and taking a nap! Hope everyone had a wonderful night! Happy Hump Day! (tomorrow that is! :laugh: )
  • cloverluv
    Options
    My calories were horrible today!!! The most I have had in about 6 month! I did work out an extra hour today which barely saved me but I feel soooo horrible right now. :sad: I'm going to have to behave perfectly tomorrow so my weigh in is ok :happy:
  • blueyed_blond
    Options
    ....a co-worker called me skinny today!

:happy:

31345.png
    [/url]
  • jeweljeans
    jeweljeans Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    been avoiding the scale like a plague... but this past two weeks been kicking up the exercise and watching my food.. sort of cheated today... measured myself... I thought I hadn't made much of a difference, but I've lost some inches! yay!
  • soon2bgaudet
    Options
    MY STUDENTS ARE CRAZY TODAY!!!!! between pulling cellphones, relating alexander graham bell to drugs, and acting like they have never heard any of the information we are talking about before......GRRRR! Ah, the life of a teacher. The gym is great stress relief though!
  • cloverluv
    Options
    I started watching the neighbors 2 year old son today. Omigod! I'm just trying to do a favor for them (they are having money problems) yet this kid is horrible! I have 3 kids which of 2 are in school. He bites, screams spits food on the ground. Even my husband is going crazy already (he works nights). I don't know if I should say something to his parents or what but there's no way I can do this everyday. Please help!!! I have no idea what to do!!!
  • sarahiris
    sarahiris Posts: 82
    Options
    hey im due my first weigh in tomorrow and im with you on the bikini challenge i want to look good as well, i refuse to buy new clothes as i have so many nice smaller ones :wink: My inspiration is - i have a pair of jeans hung up on my wardrobe and my aim is to get back into them as i know that if they fit everything else will - :flowerforyou:
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    one more day until weigh in guys! we can do it! off to do my 60 mins on my elliptical now :drinker:

keep up all the good work!

:flowerforyou:
  • sarahiris
    sarahiris Posts: 82
    Options
    i would like to be in as well sounds brillant, my weigh in is tomorrow starting weight 164.2lbs my first goal is to reach 145lbs so lets go:laugh:
  • cloverluv
    Options
    i would like to be in as well sounds brillant, my weigh in is tomorrow starting weight 164.2lbs my first goal is to reach 145lbs so lets go:laugh:

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • soon2bgaudet
    Options
    I started watching the neighbors 2 year old son today. Omigod! I'm just trying to do a favor for them (they are having money problems) yet this kid is horrible! I have 3 kids which of 2 are in school. He bites, screams spits food on the ground. Even my husband is going crazy already (he works nights). I don't know if I should say something to his parents or what but there's no way I can do this everyday. Please help!!! I have no idea what to do!!!

...you have got to say something to the parents. i know they maybe your friends, but you can address the issue in a non-confrontational way. see what theya re doing at the house when they are with the child and then suggest some things. as someone who is with the current youth of America, proper discipine at home is important, not just for behavior, but for overall success. good luck with this. keep us updated! :smile: