Enough with the OATMEAL already!

Options

Replies

• ruststar
    ruststar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Breakfast cookies are quick and easy to make on the weekends, and you can zap them in the microwae to warm them up. Also, there's no reason you can't have the things you do like, just in smaller amounts. Budget in your day, cut somewhere else, and you'll be fine.
  • auctoritas
    Options
    Steak. It's a traditional breakfast food, albeit normally served with eggs. :D
  • chubs1724
    Options
    Try wheat bagels with honey nut cream cheese. Its delicious!
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    high protein pancakes

1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup egg whites, 1/2 cup cottage cheese. Blend it up. Cook it like you would cook a regular pancake. Top it with some fruit.
  • NicoWoodruff
    NicoWoodruff Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Funny, I eat oatmeal for breakfast sometimes but it's as a treat.. fond memories of childhood my grandma making me really good oatmeal. You can get sick of anything if you eat it too often.

How about some fresh made thick/spicy hummus on a piece of whole grain toast with a little butter on the toast before spreading the hummus. I find that a well balanced and low cal/high fiber start for a day.

Sometimes I just eat a chewy granola bar and piece of fruit for breakfast.

I have a friend who, like you, hates most high protein breakfast foods including eggs. I'll have to ask her what she does.

2223754.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    or just skip breakfast and eat a larger lunch/dinner

^^^ :noway: Bad idea.
  • PinkSouljah
    Options
    Whole grain TEFF.....ITS YUMMY!
  • CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Malt-O-Meal (chocolate flavor) It's warm and delicious with half milk, half water.
  • DeidreJean
    DeidreJean Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    bagel thins with laughing cow light cheese wedge or whole wheat english muffins with same
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    how about a muffin..heated up in the microwave
  • nwncmtnangel
    Options
    almond butter on whole wheat toast with a little honey. it is delicious and fills you up until lunch
  • angiek941
    angiek941 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat toast with 1 tsp reduced fat peanut butter and 1/2 banana sliced on it. I eat this every day :0)
  • snobuny032
    Options
    Make whole wheat pancakes/waffles you can add protein pwdr to it and its really good.. use low/No sugar syrup or a little nutella
    Hot chocolate use skim milk with a peice of whole grain toast with I cant believe its not butter spray on it..
    Toast a whole wheat bagle and add a little cream cheese and hot ham or turkey..

Hope this helps :)
  • CharityEaton
    Options
    I too LOVE my breakfast foods so I splurge on teh weekends and eat a BIG breakfast and skip lunch then have a decent dinner!
    I don't mind my oatmeal 3-4 times a week but I do alternate a smoothie or protein shake in the mix every now and then. I was also eating veggie omeltes from time to time but sometimes eggs make me wanna gag in the mornings so they are out for the time being BUT I still do hard boild or scrambled...I add a bit of nonfat milk with my eggs when I scramble them...makes them a bit fluffier.

Also, I agree with the Malt-o-Meal, CocoWheat, Cream of Rice, Cream of wheat etc.....
    I do NOT like instant oatmeal at all...too mushy.
    What do you add to your oatmeal?
    I cut up an apple and add cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and 2 tsp brown sugar.....delicious
    or I mash up a banana, add vanilla and chopped wlanuts and 2 tsp brown sugar.
    or I add a bit of pumpkin, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and top with chopped nuts
    Breakfast is a big deal for me so I usually have a pretty high cal breakfast but it gets my day off to a good start.
    You can skp the nuts to lower the cals
    Oh yeah, I like to chop an apple and add 2 tbsp of PB2 powdered peanut butter to my oatmeal too...gives you some protein without an egg or nuts.
    I found that adding the vanilla and extra spices helps with the oatmeal burnout...but I have always liked oatmeal.
    Maybe these ideas will help! :smile:
  • b757
    b757 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have been there. Oatmeal didn't jive well with me today. I recommend a Honey Nut Crunch sort of cereal with berries or other fruit on top, to change it up.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I had no idea a breakfast idea thread would fill seven pages. I definitely have some GREAT ideas to work with until I get over my oatmeal overload. :-)

I have a couple new pancake/waffle recipes to try (thanks, mom2caelebncasyn!). I'll probably make some kind of hot fruit topping to go with those. I'll definitely try English muffins with turkey sausage and cheese, too. I think most of the bagel ideas sound fantastic (almond butter, bananas, goat cheese, spinach and honey nut cream cheese all sound like great toppings!)

Homemade muffins are an appealing idea, too! I love to cook and I can think of lots of options, both sweet and savory for muffins.

Also, I appreciate all the ideas for new spins on oatmeal! Sometimes new mix-ins are enough to make oatmeal seem exciting again.
  • harleygirlT
    harleygirlT Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way with Yogurt, I just can't stand the thought of it anymore, YUK!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options

^^^ No it is not. :indifferent:
  • spottedlee
    Options
    I got tired of oatmeal too and switched to cream of wheat,, i love it! differnt texture yet familar hot celeral.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options

^^^ No it is not. :indifferent:

ROFLMAO. Well ya know what?! I don't typically eat until after 5pm. I keep eating until 3-5am EVERY DAY. Still lost weight. Most people would be like, OMG YOU SHOULDN'T EAT PAST BLA-BLA TIME!!!

Oh well. To each their own, no reason to harp on somebody else's regimen... especially when they obviously WORK. ") I think Sunshine is hot and I follow advice she gives me ;D

I'd eat a pancake with some other goodies every day.. you can actually be really creative with a good sized pancake (maybe thinner) wrapped around some other foods!