Enough with the OATMEAL already!

Options

Replies

• sjackson1717
    sjackson1717 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Cream of wheat or add hot milk to a bowl of mini shredded wheat bits. Turkey sausage is great.
  • miss_kisha
    miss_kisha Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    grits

with low fat cheese... mmm mmm
  • mwest11
    mwest11 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    oh! what about a baked apple with a little brown sugar? warm.. not eggs.. not waffles or pancakes..
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    where are you in the world? If in the UK, i'd recommend vogels soya and linseed bread, toasted with whatever spreads etc you do like. It's lovely, got a decent protein and fiber content (better than oatmeal) and is dead easy for breakfast. I love my porridge, but I alternate it with this.
  • jovz10
    jovz10 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Skip breakfast.
    Seriously.

we could skip breakfast? i thought that is the most important meal of the day?
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Good grief, girl!! Are you old enough to have seen "When Harry Met Sally"? :laugh: That is YOU! I love eggs and especially dinner for breakfast, so I'm not going to be any help to you. Good luck -- and do NOT skip breakfast!!
  • LaLaMicha
    LaLaMicha Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I make a big pancake out of a packet of choc chip oatmeal, an egg white and a 1/4 cup of water, with Cary's SF syrup, delish for under 200 calories.
  • Fatbuster205
    Fatbuster205 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Simple hot toast and marmalade! Yum!
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Toast with real fruit jam and turkey sausage or some other breakfast meat you enjoy & that isn't a heart attack on a plate.
  • MelKut
    MelKut Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I looked up "healthy breakfast muffins" and found a few recipes I liked and just made a batch. You can freeze them, then in the morning, grab one and microwave for like 35-45 seconds and its nice and hot :)

And for recipes that call for oatmeal, sometimes I throw the oatmeal into a food processor so the oatmeal is more "flour-y"

Hope this helps anyone :)
  • msmimi
    msmimi Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Favorites when I get tired of Chocolate Chip Oatmeal.....
    Pumpkin Pie Cream of Wheat Cereal http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=31023
    Huevos Rancheros http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/04/huevos-rancheros.html
    More breakfast ideas http://www.skinnytaste.com/search/label/Breakfast Recipes
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Brown rice with raisins and cinnamon.. serve with milk and a hint of sweetener

Ful (fava beans smashed with some garlic and salt and drizzled with olive oil) serve warm with some pita bread and scoop it up like you would hummus. This is traditional breakfast in Lebanon

hot apples and cinnamon- cut up apples and put in a small pan with a 2 tablespoons of water and some cinnamon. cover and cook until apples are a little tender. If you want an apple pie consistency to the apples take a tablespoon of water and dissolve a heaping teaspoon of corn starch in it and then pour into your apples and cook for about a minute until the juice thickens. add more water if necessary.
  • BeesKnees181
    BeesKnees181 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Have you tried steel cut oats? They are rolled oatmeals way more awesome and dignified brother. I would suggest baking some muffins or scones, as well. There are easy ways to make recipes healthier/vegan/gluten-free if you so choose. Also, add cinnamon, cardamom and ginger spices to your morning breakfast. They will warm you right up! Frozen buckwheat waffles are a delicious breakfast stand-in. Tofu scramble works, too.
  • redafroqueen
    Options
    HAhahahaa ... I with you on the Oatmeal ... I've been eating everyday ... and over it! :)
  • Kris10can
    Options
    kashi waffles with strawberries or blueberries and whip cream!!
  • cfergy
    cfergy Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Cream of Wheat.. I love it. I use 1 pack of stevia and 1/2 Tbs butter-the real thing for two servings. It takes 3 min in the microwave. You could put apple butter in it too if you want it sweeter.
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    My sister gave me a great idea you take turkey sausage that comes in a roll in the freezer section (Jennie O makes a good one) cook that and mix with low fat melted cheese. Use Thomas' english muffin they make one that is only 100 calories per roll. open the muffin and on each side put the sausage mixture then freeze it when ready to eat just put in the oven at 350 deg for 12 min and you have a hot breakfast. I have made them for a week before they keep well in the freezer.
  • Kris10can
    Options
    or a toasted Sandwich thin with laughing cow cheese!
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Hot cereal !

Grape nuts !

Raisin Bran !

Its pretty easy... you make it like your normally going to make cereal then toss it in the microwave and heat it up !

Hot GrapeNuts are awesome kinda high in the calorie count for cereal but half of cup of warm GrapeNuts usually turns into a whole bowl. Add some fruit and your looking at like 250 per serving !
  • tbrewst
    tbrewst Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Canadian bacon and low fat string cheese.