Enough with the OATMEAL already!

Options

Replies

• maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    pita or wrap - 2 slices of turkey bacon - 1/4 c. shredded cheese of your choice - i put an egg in mine every morning, but a fried peice of firm tofu would work great too - sometimes i put in salsa or spinach. yummy!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Cream of Wheat, Cream of Rice, Malt o Meal, left over rice heated with milk/sugar, corn meal mush, grits lots of options for a hot cereal breakfast.

STAY AWAY FROM INSTANT CEREALS taste like paste LOL
  • onesillygirl
    Options
    Cocoa wheats (like chocolate cream of wheat), Cream of Wheat Cinnabon flavor--Yum!
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Any regular cereal but with hot milk? Wheetabix, cheerios whatever.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    or just skip breakfast and eat a larger lunch/dinner

What?? That slows your metabolism!! :O

Just kidding :P This is what I do too ^^ Have some hot coffee in the morning then wait to eat later
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Hot grape nuts (with a cup of sugar :tongue: )
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    You can find 100 calorie english muffins or sandwich thins which are only 100 calorie. They aren't too bad.
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I love grits with cheese!!! YUMMY!!!! The kind you have to cook are the best....some of those instant ones have an odd flavor to them!!!

I love oats with cheese, too!!! And crumbled bacon!! Oh, mannnnnnn, I'm making myself hungry!!!!

Too bad I've cut wayyyyyyyyyy back on cheese!!
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    A whole cup of sugar? How many grape nuts are you eating? The whole box????
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Cream of Wheat, Cream of Rice, Malt o Meal, left over rice heated with milk/sugar, corn meal mush, grits lots of options for a hot cereal breakfast.

This. I should remind you that half of these are sweet, half are savory.
    If there's nothing amongst these, and the rest of all the great suggestions, that tickle your fancy, I would submit to you that you need to stick with oatmeal.
  • chickpea00
    Options
    Morningstar Farms makes a really good veggie sausage patty. It sounds horrendous, but they're actually quite tasty. They're in the frozen section and only take like 45 seconds too microwave. Sometimes I have one of those on a toasted english muffin with a little fat free cheese. Delicious!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    yes its a trick but you get all the benefits of whoe oats without the hassle or taste or anything like that...

grind your raw oats in a coffee grinder or other food processor and mix into your protein shake and if you also be hatin on protein shakes, mix it into a smoothie...and if you be hatin on smoothies...then try raisin bran
  • nygiantschick
    nygiantschick Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    How about a breaskfast buritto without the eggs? There are plenty of non-egg combinaions like tofu scramble, spinach, sauteed vegetables, sweet potatoes, hash browns, black beans, salsa, etc. (some of the meats that others suggested- I don't eat meat so that's why I did not list it).

Grilled cheese sandwich

Since you don't like peanut butter so perhaps another kind of nut butter like cashew butter or almond butter

Smoothies with whatever combinations you prefer of fruits, veggies, yogurt, milk, etc.

Warmed up granola
  • Grumpyier
    Grumpyier Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try any style of shredded wheat-add boiling water or hot water to moisten-drain off water -add a fruit or SF maple syrup or sweetener or milk type product over it. Use Sugar Free or Low Cals Use your imagination and taste buds Good luck
  • LethaSue
    LethaSue Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Hash browns in toast......... Justins makes several kinds of nut butters, and they sell them at Walmart even in single serve packets, hazelnut chocolate, almond, even peanut butter. Hazelnut chocolate is alot like nutella. Grill cheese sandwich, or even raisin bread with cheddar or swiss. Protien, fruit and carb.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    If the original poster is that picky of an eater (and it sounds like that is the case), then eat whatever you like outside of the typical "breakfast" genre. I eat reheated dinner leftovers for breakfast from time to time. Hot and delicious!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Skip breakfast.
    Seriously.

I would skip it, but I am actually really hungry for breakfast. My days start around 5:15 a.m., so I typically want (and very much look forward to) breakfast.
  • UpEarly
    Options
    I know this sounds funny, but have you ever tried using tofu like scrambled eggs? I thought is was great!

Can't... I'm allergic to soy. :-|
  • UpEarly
    Options
    crepes stuffed with fruit and creme fraiche or nutella

You are the winner! Now who wants to cook this amazing crepe breakfast for me? Anyone?