Spearo Posts: 47
    Options
    Skip breakfast.
    Seriously.
  • GouchisGirl
    GouchisGirl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    grits

Ewww ewww ewww - grits are oatmeal's nastier, uglier cousin! haha :-)

lol I thought so to, but it is good once in awhile with a little brown sugar. I am right there with you on the oatmeal. I make a batch at the beginning of the week, put it in single serving containers, and as it sits it seems to just continue to grow. lol You don't like eggs in any form? How about something like ham and cheese on an english muffin?
  • TallyNick
    TallyNick Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Some people are very fond of fish for breakfast. Maybe a salmon dish or some grilled fish you might like on an english muffin?
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    You could make low cal protein pancakes.... Other than that, bumping to see what kind of suggestions you get. I am stumped!
  • samatalma
    Options
    I detest oatmeal - no matter what's in it or how it's dressed up.
    I call it "puke meal"...lol

I have some oat granola bars I eat instead.

I don't like oatmeal either, yuck.
  • Remra4209
    Options
    Try Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage english Muffins. Turkey sausage and cheese with egg whites. Very tasty, very satisfying and take like a minute and half in the microwave. My nutritionist recommended those to me and they are wonderful.
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    2011-12-09091404-1.jpg
    I eat Turkey sausage mutigran eggo waffles with honey fresh frozen strawberries that are heated to make a sweet syrup like taste
    I learn to enjoy eggs
  • Jaimepm
    Options
    I know this sounds funny, but have you ever tried using tofu like scrambled eggs? I thought is was great!
  • judykritikos
    Options
    Like you - I do NOT like eggs. Maybe hardboiled, but that's about it, so those breakfast burrito's dont' live in my world. I love instant oatmeal, so until I hit the wall - that will stay in my world for now.
    Also like you - I don't like "dinner" food for breakfast. I do like cold cereal - but if you're cold - and like cereal, then eat it, and have a cup of hot apple cider or hot chocolate - fat free version.
    I also liked the english muffin - with a LITTLE butter and jelly, or peanut butter. Really filling.
  • cookingwithtrace
    Options
    I know you are tired of oatmeal.. but steel cut oats are completely different. Also you could try quinoa, or protein pancakes (oatmeal, cottage cheese, egg blended together to make a batter), body rock tv .com had a easy french toast with berries recipe... good luck!
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    bacon? ham? sausage?
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    How about grits?

Other alternatives are fruit-based pancakes with a little lite syrup, waffles, toast with jam and/or butter.
  • blpope
    blpope Posts: 163
    Options
    You could do some toast with a tiny bit of butter and/or jelly, or a bagel thin with whatever you like. I'm really into turkey bacon, but I have to be careful of the sodium. The morning star sausage patties are also delicious!
  • lowfat270
    Options
    oatmeal that multiplies, that's a first. lollollol
  • jdhosier
    jdhosier Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I love eggs. Every morning I saute onions, peppers and mushrooms and add scrambles eggs. When it is done I put on some salsa (no sugar in the ingredients) and Cholula hot sauce.

Then I have oatmail for a mid-morning snack.

If you want a hot breakfast, learn to like eggs. Life becomes a whole lot easier.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    grits

Ewww ewww ewww - grits are oatmeal's nastier, uglier cousin! haha :-)

^^^Never had cheese grits with butter, hot sauce and shrimp
  • 3GKnight
    3GKnight Posts: 203
    Options
    Hot and traditional, but no eggs, pancakes, or waffles...? Might as well skip it.

There are some traditionally 'cold' cereals that work hot. Trying to think of a name, but the only thing I remember is that it tasted like sawdust.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Oh, I know. I have a friend whose a nutritionist and she's sort of chubby. Anyway, years ago when I lost weight she was aghast that I did so without beans,lentils, and oatmeal - all of which I detest. I can't eat food I don't like; I'd rather be hungry !
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    make your own breakfast wrap
  • keldawm
    keldawm Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I eat cream of wheat. I add a little splenda to it. I go through phases with oatmeal, so when I'm not on an oatmeal kick I switch to cream of wheat.