How do you choose your MFP friends??

Options
juicymama08
juicymama08 Posts: 38 Member
So, I don't usually deny any friend requests, but I always wonder what made them pic me? Im still pretty early into my weight loss, and don't really do a whole lot of posting to get noticed.

I know when I choose pals I tend to pick people who have had an amazing weight loss/transformation, or seem very knowledgable about nutrition and working out.

I also confess that sometimes (not too often) its just purely because I think they're too cute! :embarassed:
Lol......how bout you??? :bigsmile:

Replies

• Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    If they are witty and funny and not going to lie,with ladies if she is hot too.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    if they are pervs,or in a few cases if they are sooooo very oopisite from me it makes for good conversation......you know who you are
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I FR people who's comments make me laugh or all full of good advice/knowledge. It also helps if we have friends in common. And per Carl01's standards, I must be hawt. LOL
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I only accept people who send me cookies.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I wonder this too. Someone out of the blue asks. Eh' if they want to.

If I request, I'll explain why. ie... has good workout info, funny, etc...
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    need to make me laugh
    I need to think you have a brain in your head
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I FR people who's comments make me laugh or all full of good advice/knowledge. It also helps if we have friends in common. And per Carl01's standards, I must be hawt. LOL

Why yes...yes you are.:smokin:
  • REBEE17
    REBEE17 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I haven't been on long, but a lot of the friends I have I knew before joining from WW. We all kind of migrated over here.

I haven't gotten many friend requests from here though.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    If they have a picture of their cat.

I don't add them.
  • ReverendJim
    ReverendJim Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'm too shy to pic them but I generally approve them when they request. Maybe I'm still shell-shocked from Facebook and am afraid that MFP friends will find a way to send me Farmville requests, LOL!
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I consult my baggie full of small animal bones. And if I left that at home, I read my tea leaves. If all else fail, I go for the magic 8 ball.
  • ReverendJim
    ReverendJim Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Need a 'Like' button!
  • zenJes
    zenJes Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    lol urm mine is if they are doing similar things too me ie strength training and fitness based or i find another thing is if they write me a message :D or if they are from nz cus well not many of us are from there n it helps having people online at the same time as you!!
  • moriaht
    moriaht Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    People similar to me. Like someone is the same age and weight, or even name! its rare to find other Moriahs! Haha I don't usually add other people though. I like a small friends list so I can get to know them all a little bit.
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I enjoy diversity in gender as well as goals, and I target those who are about my age and where I seek to be.
    Also, if I enjoy people's forum comments, expect a request - lol

It's been great connecting with so many like-minded people all striving for better health.

What a great community!
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    I prefer to maintain friends who are active in the forums to some degree, and who log their food daily. I don't really care what anyone looks like...gender, age etc.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Similar goals to mine, or have a similar build to how I plan on looking like once I get to goal. I decline probably 90% of those who request to add me. I don't require support, as long as they log in regularly. I get my support and motivation from the forums, mainly.
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    People similar to me. Like someone is the same age and weight, or even name! its rare to find other Moriahs! Haha I don't usually add other people though. I like a small friends list so I can get to know them all a little bit.
    I have a few friends with my same first name too.

And I like being friends with those crazy distance runners and triathletes. They're a funny bunch, but very motivating and know their stuff.
  • run4yourlife
    run4yourlife Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Some of my reasons:
    -I see their posts on other friends' walls and think we'd have things in common
    -they enjoy the same exercises or activities that I do
    -friends in common
    -people who are in great shape and I'd like to learn from
    -similar goals
    -people who seem fun
    -around my age
    -live close to me

Don't know why those who sent me FRs picked me, but I'm glad you did...you rock!! :bigsmile:
  • juicymama08
    juicymama08 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I only accept people who send me cookies.

:noway: But I dont have any cookies......:frown: