How do you choose your MFP friends??

Options

Replies

• allie864
    allie864 Posts: 298
    Options
    Some of my reasons:
    -I see their posts on other friends' walls and think we'd have things in common
    -they enjoy the same exercises or activities that I do
    -friends in common
    -people who are in great shape and I'd like to learn from
    -similar goals
    -people who seem fun
    -around my age
    -live close to me

Don't know why those who sent me FRs picked me, but I'm glad you did...you rock!! :bigsmile:

You already typed out my answer for me... so... thanks! ;)
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    if they are pervs,or in a few cases if they are sooooo very oopisite from me it makes for good conversation......you know who you are

:flowerforyou:
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    If they send an invite I accept it. If I find someone that is working hard, and really doing it, I send them and invite. I don't delete anyone.
  • seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I'll accept anyone who sends me a friend request (probably shouldn't, but I'm a MFP skank like that)

As for adding people, I either add people who look fit and give good tips. After all, if you're gonna copy someone, copy off the smart kids. Or I add grad students, cuz efff grad school.
  • Iamkim73
    Iamkim73 Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    I'm too shy to pic them but I generally approve them when they request. Maybe I'm still shell-shocked from Facebook and am afraid that MFP friends will find a way to send me Farmville requests, LOL!

That's too funny
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I accept anyone who sends me one. With or without a reason.

I send out requests usually to people who live close to me. And if I see someone at a similar place I am, with a similar goal (both at 280 striving for 225 etc).
  • Celiamariec
    Options
    If they have a picture of their cat.

I don't add them.

Bahahaha! I deleted my cat pic in perfect timing. lol
  • midwesthiker
    Options
    I am not picky. I accept all requests I get, but if the person doesn't log in after a month I delete them. I am always on the lookout for people who are motivational, inspirational, and committed. I have been on here over a year and I couldn't have done it without my MPF friends.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    My friends typically fall into 2 categories:
    -those with similar goals, or a good success story, motivating and encouraging.
    -those who make me laugh and I can allow my freak to come out.

What is great are those who are both.
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I consult my mystical mound of belly button lint.
  • rgoodearl
    rgoodearl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I will request a new MFP friend if they have similar interest....ya trying to stick with this new and improved lifestyle !!! If someone request to be my friend, I hope they have a short note...but most of the time I will connect...just because....I also maintain my MFP friends by login time....if someone has not logged in in over 10 days, I usuallly delete them...it's nothing personal, but gotta have some guidelines.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    They pick me - I have no clue as to why.
  • staceyb2003
    staceyb2003 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm too shy to pic them but I generally approve them when they request. Maybe I'm still shell-shocked from Facebook and am afraid that MFP friends will find a way to send me Farmville requests, LOL!

lol to Farmville requests. Tell me about it, I did my best to block all of that. I do find myself looking for the like button on here.
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    if they ask to add me, I will accept, I figure there's a reason why they want to be friends with me on here, we are all in it to get healthy. I usually only add people I know don't take offense, but I am kind of shy when I am not drunk and I haven't been drunk in a while.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    magic8ball_animated.gif
  • staceyb2003
    staceyb2003 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I've only asked a few people when they introduced themselves. I think support is crucial when trying to obtain your weight loss and fitness goals. It is always a bonus when they are very knowledgeable in stuff I'm interested in.:bigsmile:
  • Hananiah
    Hananiah Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I only accept friend request from either:
    1. People I know in real life
    2. Imaginary people
    3. People who aren't imagined, but I don't think they exist because my imaginary friends told me they don't exist
    4. Wild animals (preferably endangered species)
    5. Minerals
    6. Extra-terrestrials
    7. People who can make me laugh so hard I start choking
  • mwright24skinny
    mwright24skinny Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Since, I recently joined I add who ever sends me a request. I don't worry if they are similiar in size or what not. We are all struggling with losing weight and to become healthy. I like all my new friends ! I send random requests too whoever I saw in message boards that I thought was funny or interesting.:smile:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    -those who make me laugh and I can allow my freak to come out.
    She's freaky, yo....
  • Celiamariec
    Options
    I only accept friend request from either:
    1. People I know in real life
    2. Imaginary people
    3. People who aren't imagined, but I don't think they exist because my imaginary friends told me they don't exist
    4. Wild animals (preferably endangered species)
    5. Minerals
    6. Extra-terrestrials
    7. People who can make me laugh so hard I start choking

I think I fit number 3. I exist, I promise. :wink: