The Over 300 Club

Replies

• stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Amy, thanks for the info. And WTG - 535 to 360 is a tremendous weight loss!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Hey Gang:flowerforyou:
    Gonna jump in and join this thread and see what I can learn from you all...I been peekin in and thought, what the heck I'd come right in the front door instead and say Hullo:tongue::flowerforyou:

Gonna catch up a bit on some posts here,
    Have an awesome Friday everyone:tongue:
    FC:flowerforyou:
  • stillkristi
    Fitness chick, I am so glad you are here. As you know, you are my hero! I expect we will learn from you! :happy:
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    FC you are welcome super welcome we need all the positive we can get!:flowerforyou: I know it was hard for you to get the weight off you have and we wish you all luck with your last pounds!:drinker: Remember we are here for you as it gets tougher to stick with it as we go along.:heart: Especially when like me these past 3 weeks you plateau.:grumble: I am sticking it out though. :angry: It always happens to me at 20 pounds lost. Darn body give up the FAT already!:laugh: Kristi hope you have a great weekend. How is the exercise going for you? Have you found something you liked and that works? Let us know if we can do anything!:flowerforyou:
  • stillkristi
    I am going kind of slow on the exercise, mostly strength building at this point. I have noticed a lot less pain in my joints and I am finding I am willing to walk further. Even around the house, I am not adverse to taking more steps doing house work, bringing in groceries, etc. It all helps. Right now, my scale is giving me fits. Its a very old portable beam scale. I am getting it calibrated on Monday. So, I may not be able to weigh in until then. :grumble: I really want to weigh in today - it feels like I have been doing well. We'll see.
  • AmyNVegas
    I have to go to the gym to weigh they have a scale that goes to 400 there. When I first started losing the only place I could weigh was the bariatric surgeon's office. I want to buy a scale for home that is like yours I tried the digital and none were accurate so I looked online for a regular balance slide bar one and I can get one for about $160 with shipping so I guess that will be my next big purchase.

I am so proud of you with the exercise! :drinker: It is amazing how quickly even the littlest bit can really make us feel better. When I started using the bike again back in Jan my knees felt so much better and my circulation has been a lot better. Keep up the good work Kristi!!!!:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • stillkristi
    Thanks Amy. You are one of those really positive people that I get so much from.

Regarding the bike, do you attribute your improved circulation to using the bike, or general weight loss? Thats an area of concern for me.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    I have to go to the gym to weigh they have a scale that goes to 400 there. When I first started losing the only place I could weigh was the bariatric surgeon's office.
    Oh Girl, I hear ya on that scale deal..come on what's up with most of them only going up to 250? Alot of guys weigh that so it's a bit strange they only go that high... hmmm Glad you found one online that'll work for you Amy....not a bad price and I imagine it'll be an accurate one, some of those ditital ones I wonder about.:noway:

I have noticed the last few years in some professional offices that they now use the digital ones that go to 400 (finally! I know how hard it was when I wanted to get a starting weight in the past and be unable to do it), with a heavier society nowadys only makes sense they would provide those as well to get a good marker point.:huh:

I used to go into my gyno's office and they knew I just popped in every week to use their digital some years back...it was handy and not like I had to get an appt or anything, I just smiled and said hello and walked thru the door and down the hall and then said ' Thanks Have a nice day' when I left. lol

Now I weigh once a month on a certain one at the gym just to keep track. Thanks goodness I'm not scale obssessed as I couldn't imagine it ruling my life anymore:blushing: . Been there and done that.:tongue: Nice to know healthy eating changes and adding in excercise is the most important part ..that alone helps me to know it's not going up but down so I no longer think much about the numbers the way I used to now I simply want to be smaller and more muscular. :laugh:

ah sorry for the book here!:blushing: :flowerforyou:
    FC:heart:
  • AmyNVegas
    FC books are welcome here when they are a good read!:wink: I have been debating on buying the scale for that very reason of being scale obsessed. As it is I weigh every time I go to the gym and I know if I have one at home I will weigh every day and get upset with the fluctuations. So like I said it is a debate. But on the other hand it might also keep me focused. I tend to exercise longer and more intensely when the scale doesn't say what I want so that can't be all bad right?? The digitals you can buy in the stores are totally inaccurate. I have tried 3 and they all say different weights every time you step on them. The Biggest loser scale was on sale at Target last Jan. and I got it and I stepped on and stepped off then on again and off and on again and each time I got a different reading. Well if it were really accurate within .1 pound it would not have been 3-4 pounds different up and down each time. When I took it back and explained the lady at the service desk said"Oh hunny you just take the lowest and go with it":laugh: We had a good laugh.

Kristi I think the better circualtion is definitely from the exercise because I had immediate improvement even with the first 10 minutes I did before I lost any weight. I started using the bike right after Christmas and I didn't go back to eating right til after new year's so it had to be the exercise. I think it helped the fluid retention and to get the blood circulating to my knees and hips better. I have issues with aerobics because too many knee lifts and such and I have really bad lower back pain. With the bike I do not have that since it takes the pressure off. Mine has a nice wide seat for MY nice wide seat.:laugh: Keep up the good work!:drinker:
  • stillkristi
    Thanks for the info. Looks like I need to get my legs moving some way. :grumble: But, I know that soon it will be easier, so gotta just keep focused.
  • AmyNVegas
    You can do it Kristi! Remember a little at a time gets us a long way!:drinker:
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Hi ladies!!!

I am joining in too. I am not 300 so don't boot me out of the club!!

I am here to help in any way I can with everyone and provide support. I have made friends with AmyNVegas and we are Low Carb Buddies now!!!
  • AmyNVegas
    Thanks Lean Lioness! :flowerforyou: You have been so helpful these past few days. I know low carb is not the popular way to eat on here but some of us have very resistant metabolisms and special issues like my hyperinsulinemia that just have to follow at least a modified low carb diet to be healthy and lose weight. We would never boot anyone out we are here for each other and welcome all the support we can get!:flowerforyou:
  • stillkristi
    Good to have you with us LL! I am following a low carb routine myself. I like the Protein Power Plan, which allows you lots of good vegies along with your MEAT. :laugh: Good week last week, as it turns out. On Saturday, I was all excited to run ot and hop on the scales, because I KNEW I had lost weight. So, I ran out there, and guess what. Not one pound difference from the previous week!
    :sad: :sad: :sad:
    But, instead of throwing in the towel and saying, well, screw this, I am gonna order a pizza (old behavior) I came online and got some ideas and also thought about it for a few minutes. So, first thing, I started trying on clothes that I hadn't been able to wear. WAHOO!!! They fit! Next. I thought carefully over the past week to see what I may have been doing wrong. Then, it hit me. Aunt Flow was in town! She doesn't come every month any more, so I forgot to factor her in. :blushing: Anyway, I decided to wait until Monday (which is the day I weigh every week) and weigh again. Sure enough, 3.6 lb weight loss!
    :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • LeanLioness
    I am happy to be here............

I also started a thread and no one has responded, but that is ok.

I, myself, am following Atkins. Protein Power is GREAT also!!

I am now trying to add in 1 new veggie and / or fruit that I have never eaten in my life...........

Last week, I bought and cooked a spaghetti squash.............All I can say is YUMMO!!!!

I love it.........with home made, sugar free sauce and italian sausage (no nitrates or preservatives, it was fresh sausage) and a salad, that is some good eating right here!!!!

I don't understand why people say Low carb is not healthy..................Ummm, what can get healthier than eating protein, good fats and lots of veggies????

We can motivate each other along the way and keep us going strong!!!

Don't get discouraged!!! Even when the scale isn't budging, we could still be losing weight.........just trading fat for muscle, which the scale may stay the same for a bit, but we are losing inches......
  • LeanLioness
    Check out these pics for motivation!!!

All I can say is wow, she has done such a F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C job losing weight.........

She is a beautiful woman in her before pics and also in her after pics.............

Here is to everyone here getting healthy and losing weight in the process!!!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lounge/606140-finally-new-before-now-pics-220-lbs-gone.html
  • LeanLioness
    Good monring Ladies!!!

I woke up with a sore throat, I am unthawing some chicken stock that I had frozen to sip on through out the day..................

I think I am going to make some broccoli and cheese soup for tonight and go to bed early...............
  • stillkristi
    Hello! LL, sorry to hear about your sore throat. :sick: I hate to be sick in the spring, but it often happens. For me, I think its spring allergies. Take care of yourself. See ya later! :bigsmile:
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Remember, it doesn't matter so much what you do to get yourself up and moving around - just that you do something! I did the bike today at the gym but only got 50 cals off before I had to get rid of all that water I'd been drinking... I'd already done some time on the treadmill and the elliptical, so I didn't get back on the bike. I have a bad knee and it actually makes my knee hurt when I bike, but not when I walk? Strange, huh.

Been eating out a lot this week, trying to be good but ya know, you can't know. Ate at Applebees and did really well EXCEPT the appetizer was boneless chicken wings and they were 1200 calories! If I'd known that ahead of time, I wouldn't have eaten them! Lucky I split them, so only had half that, and had worked out extra hard at the gym... I only ended up going over 100 cals today, which with how MFP factors it in I actually didn't go over my calories, just won't lose weight as fast that way. No more eating out though!

I bought some Special K protein drink to add to water... it's supposed to keep you fuller longer? So going to try that.. afternoons are my bad time for getting hungry and night time is my bad time for bored eating...
  • stillkristi
    The night time eating has been a BIG problem for me in the past. Lately, I even find myself going to bed earlier so I won't eat. Which, actually is turning out to be a good thing, so I get up earlier, with more time to prepare the food I am going to need for the day while at work for 10 hrs. Just luck on that discovery!