The Over 300 Club

Options

Replies

• Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Good luck to everyone in this group! I'm only 270 pounds, but I still have a lot to lose too. You can do it!
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    The night time eating has been a BIG problem for me in the past. Lately, I even find myself going to bed earlier so I won't eat. Which, actually is turning out to be a good thing, so I get up earlier, with more time to prepare the food I am going to need for the day while at work for 10 hrs. Just luck on that discovery!

That is a good thing!!

I try and prep most of my stuff for me and my husband lunches on Sunday..........Cooking chicken breasts, washing and cutting veggies and fruit that we are going to eat. Pack nuts in snack size bags. Put salad and other veggies in ziplock bags that you can grab and go type thing...................

I am taking my cousin with me to the gym this evening. He is not over weight by much and his girl friend keeps calling him fat and lazy..............

He plays football and runs track, which is a LOT more than she does.
  • czarina127
    czarina127 Posts: 23 Member
    Options

I am taking my cousin with me to the gym this evening. He is not over weight by much and his girl friend keeps calling him fat and lazy..............

He plays football and runs track, which is a LOT more than she does.

Some times people transfer their own bad feelings about themselves to others. You know that saying about 'you can't see a fault in someone else unless you have it yourself' or something like that. You might suggest your cousin also invite his girlfriend to work out.
    But no matter what he will be great motivation for you.
  • czarina127
    Options
    So I wanted to say hi. And let you guys know I would love to join your club... some days I am over 300 some days I am not. But I am sure I share many of the some problems and goals. Besides I am all about very postive motivation.
    Thanks,
    Amanda
  • delerbygirl
    Options
    I'd like to join the club. The 1 thing that really helps with my motivation is having partners who are in the struggle with me. :happy:
    153344.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • zoepane
    zoepane Posts: 209
    Options
    Hi, just saw post, over 300 too, glad to chat with fellow friends,
  • zoepane
    zoepane Posts: 209
    Options
    Dont be confused on my ticker, I taking small goals...
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Yay!! Welcome zoepane, delerbygirl and czarina. This is a great thread. I am learning so much from Amy and LL and others. And, everyone is supportive. Cool!
  • stillkristi
    Options
    I'd like to join the club. The 1 thing that really helps with my motivation is having partners who are in the struggle with me. :happy:
    153344.png[/url]

This is a topic I would like to see us talk about for a minute. I lost about 70 lbs once, then gained it back times 3 and then some! That was very disheartening. :sad: :cry: :sad: :cry:

For me the burning question is, How do we keep this from happening to us again?
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    The night time eating has been a BIG problem for me in the past. Lately, I even find myself going to bed earlier so I won't eat. Which, actually is turning out to be a good thing, so I get up earlier, with more time to prepare the food I am going to need for the day while at work for 10 hrs. Just luck on that discovery!
    That's a pretty awesome trick you discovered Kristi:drinker: That way you get in plenty of sleep and like you shared your mornings are for preparing the daily needs.:flowerforyou:

I was reading one of your posts further down and I think this is exactly what happens to so many of us, we find other things to do to distract us from thinking on food or preparing a binge in our mind. It all starts in our minds...then we can either follow through or turn our mind to something else. Simple sounding?...oh YES, simple to do, No it's not!

I find if a food comes to mind if I can keep my thoughts from spinning out of control and obssessing over that thought by saying to myself, I'll wait a bit and see if i still want it. I've found more often than not I've moved past the binge stage/urge to eat something stage. I feel so pleased at my progress each time this happens as it then strenghtens me for the next time it might pop up.:drinker:

Simply some things I'm learning about me..:heart:

FC:heart:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    153344.png[/url]

This is a topic I would like to see us talk about for a minute. I lost about 70 lbs once, then gained it back times 3 and then some! That was very disheartening. :sad: :cry: :sad: :cry:

For me the burning question is, How do we keep this from happening to us again?
    Self discovery on why we use food in the first place to replace something missing in our lives? I think that's what it is for me, when I'm anxious about something, anxious as in worried, stressed out...hurt, confused, misunderstood, well the list goes on ..those used to be my triggers...some still are.

• Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I just wanted to say I'm really glad you're all here...though I'm no longer very close to 300lbs anymore I was there and still want to learn the why's of why I allowed myself to get so large. Sure food but why is more the question that comes to mind for me.

I think there's much there to discover....and I am actually enjoying the process, I sure could never say THAT in the past!:wink:

• LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!!

Welcome to all the new members of the group!!!

I woke up this morning and I am so bloated, it is TOM and I am feeling too miserable. I am craving everything in site...........

I ate good today. I have had baby carrots, a whole cucumber, salad, and dinner left overs from last night. Spinach, cheese and sausage bake...........yummy, it was really good!!

I allowed myself to have a diet soda, which is bad, bad, bad...........I was doing so well at the clean eating, but something is going on with me and I am having a hard time even getting out of bed in the morning...........My routine is all confused and I am feeling stressed for no reason.
  • ttoombs
    ttoombs Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Even though I'm not over 300 I will still give you people all of my support. My sister was over 300 and passed away back in 99, she was only 45, of course it was 6 mths after the passing of my mom. I think what you all are doing is really great and if my sister was still alive I would have her on here also. Thank you for being an inspiration to me. :flowerforyou: :love:
  • czarina127
    Options
    So I would like to hear about your goals that keep you going. For instance, I am going to have a dance off with my brother-in-law at my niece's wedding. I am going to play with her children and even babysit. My niece is 3 so I have a while to wait but everyday being there for her keeps me going. My selfish(selfish is a strong word I believe in me being as important in my life as anyone else) goal is to be running fast than all my friends for the next 40+ years.
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Sorry I have been MIA lately I had to take on a new class of Spanish I last week because the Long term sub we hired left us for Alaska of all places so I got a new class and 51 new students this past week. On top of that I am moving and starting classes for my masters this week. UGH!!!!:frown: The good thing is I have not eaten the stress this past week which is what I would have done in the past. I did really well last week on Carb Addict's. I don't know if I lost though because the scale at the gym wouldn't zero out and needed to be calibrated so I didn't weigh. I will wait til next week after the move to weigh again all that exercise should get me something right!:laugh: Take care ladies and hope you have a great week.:flowerforyou:
  • stillkristi
    Options
    Hi friends - I have been busy the past couple of days and haven't been around a lot either. However, czarina, you asked about goals. Overall, I want to lose 266 lbs. But, to keep from getting discouraged because that will take FOREVER - I have changed my philosophy and I am not dieting. Instead, I am living a new, healthy life. I savor good food, and a by product of that is that I am losing weight, since I stopped eating so many empty calories.

Otherwise, I love southern Utah (if you have checked out my profile, I have some pictures of Arches, Canyonlands and Grand Canyon National Parks. I love those places and I want to spend time there again. I want to bike the white rim trail in canyon lands (100 mile mtn bike ride) I want to hike to delicate arch again. And, I feel like I have a lot to give, but I am kind of on the sidelines since gaining all this weight. I need to get back in the game! (Of life, that is.) Whar are your goals?
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Wow Kristi I would love to hike with you some day! I want to hike Red Rock here in Vegas some time. My goals are simple- Get healthy and be able to stand, walk, move, and live without pain, get control of my eating and not let it control me. Have a great weekend all!
  • stillkristi
    Options
    Amy, lets do it. Should we set a goal date for when we meet and hike somewhere?
  • Love_Conquers_All
    Options
    Amy, lets do it. Should we set a goal date for when we meet and hike somewhere?
    I'm IN! :bigsmile:

Just getting home from the day...ah yes a rather long one...got a few hours of working out in and much to do beyond on that. Great water classes! I'll pop in again shortly when I have a bit more time, gotta get some sleep here pretty soon.:drinker: :wink:

Hugs to all,