Is anyone else dreading Christmas?

Options
We are going out of town for several days and I will have very little control over the food. Just dread it cause i've been doing so good with logging/exercising. Is anyone else dreading the holiday?

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,245 Member
    Options
    No. Consider it a learning opportunity to see what you have learned about healthy portions and food choices.
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Kinda, I'm trying to put a spin on it by convincing myself this will be a good test and learning tool!! Enjoy your holiday, take some healthy snacks and watch your portions! Try to keep up with your water intake and I'm sure you will be able to undo any damge pretty quickly!
  • grmpy1
    grmpy1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Biggest thing is your water..keep getting all of it in and it will help keep you full and help you eliminate some of the extra sodium you will be taking in. Also try to go for some walks if you can't get any other exercise in.
  • travisborg
    travisborg Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Go all out on christmas, enjoy the day with family and friends. There are another 364 days of the year where you can watch what you eat.
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Nothing can make me feel bad about enjoying some Christmas goodies. Nothing. :drinker:

And going a little over the top on Christmas? So what! Why dread it, just enjoy it!
  • seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Go all out on christmas, enjoy the day with family and friends. There are another 364 days of the year where you can watch what you eat.

This. What's the point of making dietary rules if you can't break them once a year?
  • horsiegall
    Options
    When u go you'll see that alot of restraunts have healthy options, I even split a plate with my daughter. You have the tools now is the time to impliment them. Good luck have fun merry Christmas
  • bwilliams93
    bwilliams93 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    me times a million
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Yes :(
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options

well said :drinker: :drinker:
  • fit4life1010
    Options
    Don't dread it. Just enjoy it. Christmas comes once a year. Try to make the healthier choices but don't feel guilty if you indulge in more than usual. Losing weight is a lifestyle change. Holidays such as Christmas, Thanksgiving come once a year and these moments in life are important. I am looking forward to it because I get to enjoy with my loved ones. I'll be right back on track after Christmas but when I look back, I want to remember all the little moments in life.

When I lost weight the first time around, I hated holidays and get-togethers because it meant I couldn't control my food so because of that, I avoided situations like that. I lost the weight but I hated how miserable I felt because I was letting these moments pass me by. I don't want to make the same mistake this time around.

Just enjoy it and don't worry :)
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    kind of... but not for the food aspect.... why is it always so hard to manage family?

one quarter of my family won't make a decision on what they are doing until the very last minute, and then expect everything done to suit them.

the other quarter of my family are that "important, popular and busy" that everything has to revolve around when they can squeeze us in during the day.

and the other quarter of the family just do anything to try and make everyone fit. it's frustrating to say the least.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    The holidays are about family, fun, good food, enjoying myself, and to have less stress. Calorie counting and losing weight is supposed to improve the confidence you ahve and make life more enjoyable. It is not supposed to take away from the enjoyment and control your life.

Live life. Enjoy the holidays. Get back on track later.
    Holiday is short; just don't make it a 3 month season like many
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Oh no!
    I love x-mas - the singing, gift exchanges, getting hammered and binge eating. Plus I get to gloat over the misfortunes of my dysfunctional family.
  • angisnee
    angisnee Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm actually looking forward to it and enjoying all the preparation and spirit of the season this year. For me, having been on this journey for almost a year and a half, it's finally starting to get "easy" to focus on what gives me joy besides food. Try focusing on the intangible reasons this season is great!

I watched Little Women the other day and saw how they marveled at being able to have a fresh orange on Christmas. Then the girls chose to give away all their precious goodies to a starving, sick family. Made me thankful for what I have to eat and reminded me not to take it for granted...or stuff myself so full of it that I make myself sick.

Hope you find a way to enjoy the season and that your stresses with food take a back seat! :)
  • barbijean29
    barbijean29 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am thankful for the app on my phone so while I am out of town I can still be logging and keeping track of everything..
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    My wife's working Christmas but we're heading up to the farm (Iowa) just after Christmas. I plan on eating anything I want. I think it's more important to watch what you eat from new years to christmas than from christmas to new years.
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Yes, but not so much for the food issues... it seems the whole month of December is an endless blur of social events (all involving food and wine) and to do lists. Then there's the joy of family... I've got three days of family events, plus another one to attempt to arrange with my somewhat estranged Dad... work events, leaving events, birthdays, concerts, argh!

Looking forward to Dec the 27th when I can actually focus on the other two huge issues in my life (sorting out my Mum's estate and moving semi-permanently to another country!)

I'll be doing my best of the food side of things, but I'm not finding it possible to stay consistently under my calories, even with upping my exercise.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Oh no!
    I love x-mas - the singing, gift exchanges, getting hammered and binge eating. Plus I get to gloat over the misfortunes of my dysfunctional family.

Lol at the dysfunctional family
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Not really liking the no baking, the no Christmas lunches with dessert, the no whipped something something from Starbucks or excitement of "Do they have the fondant Christmas Cookies this year?"

Really excited about the OMG size 14 and the oops that doesn't fit anymore, and the wow I can walk up and down the stairs without holding on/pulling up.

I'm thinking this is a Christmas blessing..to be down 54 pounds from August and the new year just around the corner. Learning to conquer eating just because and seeing the boys get excited about my little successes are just about the best presents a girl like me can get.

Now--I want a treadmill and a bicycle (still a Toys R Us kid!!!) Where's Santa?????