Is anyone else dreading Christmas?

Options

Replies

• Football_N_Guns
    Football_N_Guns Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Yes, but it has little to do with eating, logging or exercising.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I am because it will be the third anniversary of my mother's death.

Appreciate what you have and don't ruin this time with your family by worrying about something as silly as calories.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    There will always be weddings, birthdays and holidays. Just as one day of eating well won't change your weight/goals, one day of indulgence won't either. Enjoy these times. Just get back on track the next day.
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Yes, but it has little to do with eating, logging or exercising.

I said it before and will say it again....I need to be on an island! Bah Humbug!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    It's one day, enjoy it. I know I will!
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    No! I'm terribly excited!! I have four Christmas meals and can't wait to pig out! hehe, I have to suffer all year long, I'm going to enjoy myself for once...

Well, rather I'm going to eat a bit of everything and not obsess over calories. My type of pigging out isn't really eating that much since I get full so quick (usually before I can try everything :( ) but rather I'm going to eat whatever I want even if it's high in fat or sugar or calories, just keep the portion sizes small (usually what I do anyway to try a bit of everything) then I'll workout lots come the new year. :)
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options

I'm sorry about your mother. :( This is going to be the first Christmas without my boyfriend's mom (she passed away November 3rd at the age of 42 :( ) . For that I am kind of sad about this Christmas.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options

Appreciate what you have and don't ruin this time with your family by worrying about something as silly as calories.

Yes, I'm with you, food and calories is not what will make this Christmas difficult. My mum died in August so it is going to be the first Christmas without her, and I just know that it will be a day of being together with the family but feeling alone without my mum.
  • ANYANA44
    Options
    NOT DREADING IT...CUZ I LOVE XMAS!...I DID PRETTY GOOD FOR THANKSGIVING, SO IM HOPING TO DO THE SAME FOR CHRISTMAS!....ITS NOT THE FOOD IM ALWAYS WORRIED ABOUT...ITS THE SWEETS!...IF I CAN STAY AWAY FROM THEM, ILL DO JUST FINE!!1...
  • rovernio
    rovernio Posts: 157
    Options
    haha im dieting super hard so for one day i can stuff my face like a madman
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options

Yes, I'm with you, food and calories is not what will make this Christmas difficult. My mum died in August so it is going to be the first Christmas without her, and I just know that it will be a day of being together with the family but feeling alone without my mum.

Yeah, me too - Mum died in July and we usually had Christmas at her house...
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Food wise no, I'm not dreading it. Otherwise, I have to go to my In-Laws house, and my hubby's Granny's house on that day. I have to chase after my toddler to make sure that he doesn't break anything at his Great Granny's house. Then at my In-Laws house, I have to chase after my toddler to make sure their dog that doesn't like him, doesn't bite him. So, that makes a workout for me. LOL
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,716 Member
    Options
    We are going out of town for several days and I will have very little control over the food. Just dread it cause i've been doing so good with logging/exercising. Is anyone else dreading the holiday?
    Correlating bad experiences with a "happy" time with family isn't a good way to deal with learning how to control intake and portions. Learn how to stay in control and you should be just fine. Don't make it a big deal.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • lolollama
    Options
    I'm not dreading as much as I did last year. I took a month off dieting last Christmas because I was on holiday. Completely stuffed my face for 4 weeks straight and only gained 2kg (4.4lbs) then lost it all within a week of dieting again.

I'll just make sure I don't eat too much and try and keep exercising!
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I am not dreading it, .............as long as I get a bunch of good stuff..... :drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Lol. Well said
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. After reading all your answers I am not dreading it so much anymore. I will just watch my portions and only eat one slice of cake instead of 3 and walk everyday. I am going to enjoy time with the family and just worry about food after the holiday.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I just dread going to other people's houses period because I'm so "picky." I'm glad we're staying here but if we were going somewhere I'd feel the same way.

Good luck!
  • dreamshadows
    dreamshadows Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Dread it all the time. 4 day's out of my night world into the daylight world. It's not that fun to switch back and forth!

Don't like the stress of December!
  • plt55
    plt55 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Absolutely I think I can do moderation once ut 3 times is my challenge Friday is at my home Sat with husbands family Sun my sisters .I m trying to tell myself its 3 days not a lifetime . We will see
  • TundraTed
    TundraTed Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    This is a lifestyle change. Do you want to spend every Christmas for the rest of your life tracking calories and stressing about what you are eating? Would it be better for you to eat well and do what you are supposed to 95% of the time and the other 5% enjoy what you want in moderation? This change is all about finding a balance.

I plan to not track on Christmas, but also not go crazy eating pounds and pounds of bad stuff. Yes, I will try the sweet potatoes and a piece of Aunt Edna's Fudge. But I will only have one serving/piece.

I will do a Quick Add for my approx calories at the end of the day for tracking purposes.