Planet fitness....Is it your planet?!?!?!

Options
124»

Replies

• Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Oh, and the whole "lunk alarm" thing is total BS. You're the "judgement free" zone, but you are going to sound an alarm when someone drops a weight or grunts? Way to make a bunch of people who are self conscious about themselves feel even worse and embarrass them!

No thank you. I will work out on my own thankyouverymuch.
    Haven't seen it done, and really doubt that they would be foolish enough to call a customer out like that. All for show, I suspect.

Yeah but combined that with purple and what do you get? Prince?
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Oh, and the whole "lunk alarm" thing is total BS. You're the "judgement free" zone, but you are going to sound an alarm when someone drops a weight or grunts? Way to make a bunch of people who are self conscious about themselves feel even worse and embarrass them!

Haven't seen it done, and really doubt that they would be foolish enough to call a customer out like that. All for show, I suspect.
    Yeah but combined that with purple and what do you get? Prince?
    No. Combine purple and lace, and you get Prince.
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I really like our Planet Fitness. There are plenty of free weights and weight machines, never have to wait to use anything including the cardio equipment...and they have my new favorite machine the ARC trainer!! I have a lifting partner and on days when she can't make it I usually do the 30min circuit which is a pretty good workout! I could care less about classes and daycare so for $10 a month it's a no brainer for me.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    McDonald's ... is for people who don't want to work out.
    You're rebutting one hasty generalization with another.

McDonald's is for people that like to eat it. Some will overdo it, others will not. Some of those people will workout, others will not. Some of us can handle fast food on occasion and still manage to lose weight.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/421458-oh-no-whoppers-part-2

:flowerforyou:

I get a mega craving for a Big Mac every now and then..AND I GO GET ONE!!!! no fries...just the wonderful big mac...yummmmm!
  • jenn_is_trouble
    Options

When we worked out there, it was done several times in one workout :( Made me REALLY uncomfortable.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options

When we worked out there, it was done several times in one workout :( Made me REALLY uncomfortable.
    Be honest -- were you guys dropping weights like crazy, grunting loudly or biting chickens' heads off? :wink:

That's too bad. I would think that they would have the common sense to go over and talk to someone before doing the alarm thing. But then again, if the head honcho is parking his car in the handicap spot... :grumble:
  • amayzingamanda
    amayzingamanda Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Also, in 9 months of membership, I have heard several weights hit the ground, and never once heard the dreaded "lunk alarm." Maybe it's just on the wall for show?

Oh it works.... search for it on youtube. It's funny.
  • mystiedragonfly
    mystiedragonfly Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    McDonald's ... is for people who don't want to work out.
    You're rebutting one hasty generalization with another.

McDonald's is for people that like to eat it. Some will overdo it, others will not. Some of those people will workout, others will not. Some of us can handle fast food on occasion and still manage to lose weight.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/421458-oh-no-whoppers-part-2

:flowerforyou:

I get a mega craving for a Big Mac every now and then..AND I GO GET ONE!!!! no fries...just the wonderful big mac...yummmmm!

"Sigh" Oh to have a man's metabolism....

But to be serious, I do crave the cheeseburger. I have some pretty great pubs in walking distance that serve some very awesome burgers with meat that came from local farms. Whenever I am craving for the red meat (usually on leg day), I will head there and get one. Sometimes even with the fries!! Oooo!

I have worked really hard to avoid fast food as much as I can. I just know my limits and what I personally can or cannot eat. Also... knowing what they put into my food is a big thing for me.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options

Be honest -- were you guys dropping weights like crazy, grunting loudly or biting chickens' heads off? :wink:

That's too bad. I would think that they would have the common sense to go over and talk to someone before doing the alarm thing. But then again, if the head honcho is parking his car in the handicap spot... :grumble:

If I'm there trying to get the most out of my workout, the last thing I need to be worrying about is some douche with too many emotional problems hitting some alarm. Pretty good way to get injured
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I pick things up and put them down!:devil:
  • Udail51
    Udail51 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    If you want to lift heavy or learn how to lift properly don't go to Planet Fitness. If you want to use cardio equipment then it is probably fine. It is truely a Judgement full zone not a judgement free zone.
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I'd go to a crossfit gym before I set foot in one of those places

:laugh:
  • stronglikebull
    Options
    if you're looking for a cheap gym with regular colored walls that is alarm free, go to fitness 19. i pay like, $7 a month and its wonderful. at least 2 power cages, smith machines if you're into that, tons of dumbells if you're into that, TONS of weight machines if you're into that, a good variety of cardio (2 types of bikes, elliptical, ARC, treadmills), clean, friendly, decent hours, cheap! their memberships are good at any gym for like an extra $5 a month and its the most douche-free gym i've ever been to.

/shameless plug.