Height and Weight please?

Options

Replies

• judykritikos
    Options
    Sept 14 - was 165
    Dec 15 - am 149.5

LOTS of Zumb classes, 30-day shred, walking twice a day, and my elliptical.
    Cutting out all chocolate/candy, sweets, and most breads, and upp'd the vege's.
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I am kinda curious if you all would share with us....your height and weight when you started, what you are now, and where you want ot be for you to be happy. AND how long do you expect this to take?

I'm happy now. To me, happiness isn't a weight on the scale.

But to answer your question I'm 5'4" and 340 lbs (I started out over 385 lbs). I would like to eventually be around 150 (or whatever weight I feel healthy and active). If I feel that way at 180 lbs, I'll stay at that weight. If I reach 150 and still don't feel like I'm at optimal fitness I'll lose more. Just depends on how I feel mentally and emotionally and if I can do what I want to physically - running, hiking, biking, etc.

As for how long I think I expect this to take, I don't have any expectations, if it takes a year - AWESOME! If it takes 4 years - That's cool too. I won't fight with my body, I'm just going to give it what it needs to try and get healthier every day, the rest will come as quickly or as slowly as it needs to. :)
  • kappyd
    kappyd Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I started in July 2011 at 255 and I am now at 196. My goal is 195 but I now want to get to 180, I hope to be there by this time next year.
  • Butterfly3730
    Options
    Started today.
    Current & Highest weight: 250 lbs
    Goal weight: 150 lbs
    Time expected to reach goal: 1 year

13605498.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • HoopoeBird
    HoopoeBird Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'8 and I was 132 pounds when I started 4 days ago. Now I weigh 129.5 and I want to be back at 122, where I was when I started college this fall. Technically, with my diet plan it should take about 2 months to lose the weight but the weight seems to be falling off faster, probably due to my height and age (taller and younger people tend to lose weight faster). I am doing the recommended plan of 1 pound of weight loss a week, but already this week I have lost 2.5 pounds! Hopefully losing it fast won't cause me trouble for maintaining.

I will be happy when I am back at 122. It is the perfect weight for me :)
  • KathyWel
    KathyWel Posts: 140
    Options
    Hello
    I am 5' 7"
    My starting weight was 331
    I started my weight loss January 10th of this year and joined MFP in March
    I weigh 238 as of yesterday
    For now my goal weight is 165, I will see how I feel when I get there :happy:
    As far as when I expect to reach my goal, that's hard to say, but I would love to be there by this time next year (if not sooner!)
  • zipnguyen
    zipnguyen Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    5'8"
    heaviest 271lbs
    lightest 175lbs
    most ripped 177lbs.

placed top 10 out of 215 competitors. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/403233-lost-96lbs-and-made-top-10-in-physique-contest

With pics and please go through every page and read everything as I've typed a lot of info out so others can either follow or at a very minimum take away some new found knowledge.

Hope this helps,
    N
  • gjc50
    gjc50 Posts: 35
    Options
    oh chicaroo, you do not not not need to weigh that little at your height! unless you want rail thinness! i believe 135 should be your least weight. I was very pleased with 140 myself at 5'7, size 8, im kinda a medium bone build, and now well, at 191, I would love to just reach 160!
  • TheAnonGit
    Options
    I'm 4'9". My heaviest weight was 126 pounds. Lightest was 98 pounds. Right now I'm 122 pounds. My goal weight is 90-95 pounds. I think I'll be happy there.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    oh chicaroo, you do not not not need to weigh that little at your height! unless you want rail thinness! i believe 135 should be your least weight. I was very pleased with 140 myself at 5'7, size 8, im kinda a medium bone build, and now well, at 191, I would love to just reach 160!
    Everyone carries weight differently! I'm not sure if you're in the US, but here, you can be much smaller than a size 8 and not look rail thin!
  • froggzy1015
    froggzy1015 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    5'2
    SW: 149
    Now: 119
    Started MFP in April 2011, reached my goal in Sept. - Been here 245 days today! I'm happy with my weight at my height. I think you may find it a little thin for you. :flowerforyou:
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    5'1" (or 2")
    Last I checked 117lbs
    Joined about 45 days ago & lost 5lbs (I may have gained some back recently)
    Not here to lose weight, but to be healthy and stay on track
    I'd like to stay the same weight and lean out versus being skinny-fat
    Preferred activity is lifting weights. Minimal cardio.
    I think MFP is a very cool tool.
  • gail2207
    gail2207 Posts: 133
    Options
    5 foot 4, started at around 154lb. I thought I'd be happy at 126lb, i'm now 116lb and still not quite right! I guess i'll know when I get there.
    xx
  • Lauren_Whitney
    Lauren_Whitney Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have been using MFP on and off since February.
    HW: About 145 when I was 16 (I'm 24), when I was stuck eating my parent's unhealthy food.
    SW: 122
    CW: 112
    GW: 105 or 17% BF, whichever comes first.
    Height: 5'5", very small frame.
  • MissJackie88
    Options
    5'6
    Started at 189
    Down to 173
    Started about 3 months ago but for one solid month couldn't work out due to an injury :( So 2 months I guess.
    Would like to be around 120-130
  • polarlove
    polarlove Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2"
    HW 126
    CW 113
    GW 105

hoping to get to my first goal weight of 111 by next month, and then my next goal weight of 105 by April.
  • torkmdeg
    torkmdeg Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4", started at 200 pounds. I'm at 180 now.
    My goal is 130, which I'm hoping to reach by, hmm... next December for sure, lol.
  • Malloryrae1211
    Malloryrae1211 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4, started at 169 now I'm 116ish? Would like to be under 110lbs.
  • jrojeck
    jrojeck Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3. Started at 152 lbs and I'm down to 137 lbs. My goal is like 120 - 125 ish.
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2''.
    I started at 170ish.
    I am now about 130, and I am very content~